Glory is full of mainstream songs

really really cool guy

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand that you're trying to be positive about Glory, but I'm sorry I think people are going a bit crazy
with the Selena, Bieber and Rihanna comparisons lately and it sometimes feels a little like it discredits Britney and merits 
these youngsters that actually did not come up with that sound, when the producers did.

Ever since Britney decided to work with current, popular producers (which is what every artist is doing in the industry)
people have accused her of sounding just like the artists that have worked with the same producers and even worse, copied their sound.
"THEIR" sound... as if they own it somehow even when Britney has already delved with those genres of music in the past.
I'm not accusing you of saying this, but I've seen some people on here say this and I think its unfair and illogical to me because no one
else does that to Justin or Rihanna when they do the exact same thing. When I listen to Glory I don't hear Bieber, Gomez, Rihanna or anyone tbqh. I actually don't think they could pull off an album like Glory either, considering they haven't yet.
One thing I find so great about Britney is her albums are always very distinctive and signature Britney no matter what genre she plays with. When I listen to Glory I hear Britney being an artist again exploring different genres and languages while still maintaining 
her iconic vocals, showcasing her vocal range and variety in sound while still keeping to her style and taste in music.

To say Slumber Party sounds like Hotline Bling is a bit of a reach for me too. 
Hotline Bling is a lot more up-beat and the beat is stronger and harder too. Listen to it. 
The song has hardly no backing vocals or layers either. Its very simple. 
Slumber Party's chorus changes from the beginning and ending. It loses that ripple vibe and sound that you hear when her soft vocals
sort of caress the ripple sound. That is very Britney. Not Drake. SP is very feminine sounding too unlike Hotline Bling. So why the comparison? Also Mandy Moore... really? I don't get it. JLM lyrically and mood wise as well I feel isn't as similar as some think it is to GFY. I also don't feel Better sounds exactly like Bieber's Lean On.

13 minutes ago, Kiiddy said:

I understand that you're trying to be positive about Glory, but I'm sorry I think people are going a bit crazy
with the Selena, Bieber and Rihanna comparisons lately and it sometimes feels a little like it discredits Britney and merits 
these youngsters that actually did not come up with that sound, when the producers did.

Ever since Britney decided to work with current, popular producers (which is what every artist is doing in the industry)
people have accused her of sounding just like the artists that have worked with the same producers and even worse, copied their sound.
"THEIR" sound... as if they own it somehow even when Britney has already delved with the genres of music she's used for Glory.
I'm not accusing you of saying this, but I've seen some people on here say this and I think its unfair and illogical to me because no one
else does that to Justin or Rihanna when they do the same thing. When I listen to Glory I don't hear Bieber, Gomez, Rihanna or anyone tbqh. I actually don't think they could pull off an album like Glory either, considering they haven't yet.
One thing I find so great about Britney is her albums are always very distinctive and signature Britney no matter what genre she plays with. When I listen to Glory I hear Britney being an artist again exploring different genres and languages while still maintaining 
her iconic vocals, showcasing her vocal range and variety in sound while still keeping to her style and taste in music.

To say Slumber Party sounds like Hotline Bling is a bit of a reach for me too. 
Hotline Bling is a lot more up-beat and the beat is stronger and harder too. Listen to it. 
The song has hardly no backing vocals or layers either. Its very simple. 
Slumber Party's chorus changes from the beginning and ending. It loses that ripple vibe and sound that you hear when her soft vocals
sort of caress the ripple sound. That is very Britney. Not Drake. SP is very feminine sounding too unlike Hotline Bling. So why the comparison? Also Mandy Moore? Really? I don't get it. JLM lyrically and mood wise as well I feel isn't as similar as some think it is to GFY. I also don't feel Better sounds exactly like Bieber's Lean On either. 

:mj:

You're right....but Britney herself said she was influenced by Selena's revival. She obviously didn't copy it 

And better sounds like a bieber song...even the way she sings it. Justin's voice fits in perfectly

4 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

You're right....but Britney herself said she was influenced by Selena's revival. She obviously didn't copy it 

And better sounds like a bieber song...even the way she sings it. Justin's voice fits in perfectly

I have to disagree with the last part of this statement! Better is my fave song on the album and I would hate it if it where any one else but britney. I agree with Kiiddy they couldbve taken the words from my mouth. 

25 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

Inspiration and influence is fine though, however to say because she was influenced/inspired by a mid-tempo
song doesn't automatically mean it then makes it sound exactly alike. Lyrically the song couldn't be anymore different. 
Sound wise yes... it is a typically calm mid-tempo like GFY... but I don't think it sounds the same though because of that. 
JLM is a lot softer, gentler and has more depth in sound during the chorus and Britney's vocals... well she's actually singing.
She's not just talking over music. In addition the music for JLM isn't as simple as GFY either.

Better does not sound like a Bieber song AT ALL. I'm sorry but I have to get real here. It couldn't be anymore further from his sound.
Justin is POP. His typical sound is pop. He is not known for songs like Lean On. 
DJ Snake and Major Laser came up with Lean On, so its not even Justin's typical sound. He just jumped on it providing his vocals.
So how is it Justin Bieber's sound when its DJ Snake's and Major's sound and producing skills?
Also again I don't get what you mean by her 'singing it like Justin' either. She does not sing it like Justin at all. She sings it like Britney. She doesn't know how to sing like anyone else either to be brutally honest with you. I've never ever in my life heard Britney
sing a song where she's managed to sound just like another artist or sound like anything but herself.
That's one of the reasons why I love her and her sound. When you hear her sing, its instantly recognisable that its her, Britney Spears.
She's been singing that way her whole career. 

Archived