Onyx Hotel Tour Appreciation Thread

-Brit Brit-

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Onyx Hotel will always be my favorite tour. My dad took me to the show in Chicago and it was the most amazing experience. I'm so glad it was recorded, just wish it had an official DVD release. Her brunette hair on this tour was amazing and I could watch it over and over again!Β :feelingmyself:

4 hours ago, Breathe_On_Me said:

Are there videos or pictures ofΒ the dates where she was showing she wasn't into it?

IN my personal opinion, she didn't seem very happy at the Denver show, but I know some people will disagree. OnyxΒ was still a great show, her best imo. But I think she was just tired and needing a break. If you watch interviews for the onyx tour and then for DWAD, you can see she was really tired of the business, and I think it showed in some on the dates that people just ignore. It's like "all hail onyx" but then when she does the same thing on the FFT or POM (just with less sharp dance moves and a thicker body in some cases) people drag herΒ 

6 hours ago, -Brit Brit- said:

Maybe that's when she realized she had made it, she was starting to feel tired/worn out,Β and she didnt need to continue toΒ work as hard because maybe fame wasnt all that glamorous (the tabloids were coming for her)

Mte. I read that ITZ was actually a lot more of a product than she wanted, so performing a show full of those songs, plus her wanting a break, along with it being an extremely demanding show and her critical scrutiny as well as her personal life....I just think there were days where she didn't want to be thereΒ 

7 hours ago, timito said:

If someone can confirm thatΒ It would be awesome. I'm in the process of ordering things I couldn't order before of Britney Β and I really want to have the real onyx hotel dvd.Β 

P.S lonely is just a banger, I love it. It did really have an awesome performance on the tour.Β 

there is this really good facebook group that sells like hq fanmade items and they have the dvd there but its a bit pricy

9 hours ago, Rachel Green said:

You went to Onyx Tour when you were 6?Β :gaspney:Β What was your reaction to BOM? NO WAIT WHAT WAS YOUR PARENTS REACTION LIKE?Β :gloria:Β 

I did indeed hahaΒ :saycheese:

my mom brought me, she loved every moment of it. She loves Britney also,Β 

my only reaction to the whole show was "OH MY GOD ITS BRITNEY"Β 

see I used to think she was my girlfriend when I was little and that we'd get married and stuff so I assumed she was performing for me hahaΒ :hype:

my mom still talks about the show to this day her words always are "no one will ever top Britney"Β 

3 hours ago, KingAnt said:

I did indeed hahaΒ :saycheese:

my mom brought me, she loved every moment of it. She loves Britney also,Β 

my only reaction to the whole show was "OH MY GOD ITS BRITNEY"Β 

see I used to think she was my girlfriend when I was little and that we'd get married and stuff so I assumed she was performing for me hahaΒ :hype:

my mom still talks about the show to this day her words always are "no one will ever top Britney"Β 

AW WHAT A CUTIEPIEΒ :gaspney:

I was 6 back then too but wasn't a fan.. Don't know how mom would've reacted to it thoΒ 

Archived