MM is #8 and Glory is #20 (updated)

texas

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of her albums fall quickly tbh they spend only 1-2 weeks occasionally 3 in the top 10 on Billboard it's been that way since ITZ honestly which fell out of the top 10 in 2 weeks. I don't think it'll fall as hard as everyone thinks because I mean the albums in the bottom half of the top 10 hardly sell any copies nowadays and we still have streaming. Also Target had the album on sale last week which may have helped. 

:(

And i'm not expecting more promo in September. She will be doing iheart and Apple (and pray to god to be live) and she's having POM. So maybe another magazine and a tv show (which is way more than we were expecting but unfortunately, not enough).

The songs aren't going to be "commercially" successful, no matter how much promo they get, obviously.  Because team Brit DID step up their game.  VMAs, BBMAs, Apple Music, IheartRadio, Today Show, The Late Show, Ellen, Carpool Karaoke, countless radio interviews, etc., -- I mean DAMN, she's been promoting her *** off.  And not even just "by Britney standards," I mean she went to work, *****.  

The general public's taste sucks ***.  If she released FF type material, which were all radio friendly, we might have a different story.  But Glory is something fans can appreciate because it veers off from what the public wants.  Those cheap bastards barely even bought her most critically acclaimed albums so **** them.  I know they pirated Glory anyway.  When will Nielsen Sound Flop start adding those numbers in ?  Because if you think about it, most people are going to be too pu$$y to walk up to the checkout counter with a Britney CD.  When did it become "uncool" to like Britney's music ?  

This shows that only her fans are checking for her. She didn't not convert or entice new fans.

The music quality is there & she's out doing promotion so maybe her team has to look at what they're doing wrong. Why the way they're marketing her isn't working.

Time to spend money and hire a stylist to help with her costumes - hello Mel Ottenberg or Marni Senofente. Her look is half the battle.

Then spend money on a new creative director & get some pre-recorded vocals or gasp - live - singing going for these televised performances.

The damage is done from the past five years. I really don't know if she can recover from it all. She needed to keep herself out there after Circus.

Now new ppl moved in...

Ar least the music is great and we are getting promo. All she has is us though. I don't even think she can tour...this is what I was worried about.

The safest bet would be to stay in Vegas... 

6 minutes ago, COCKy™ said:

The songs aren't going to be "commercially" successful, no matter how much promo they get, obviously.  Because team Brit DID step up their game.  VMAs, BBMAs, Apple Music, IheartRadio, Today Show, The Late Show, Ellen, Carpool Karaoke, countless radio interviews, etc., -- I mean DAMN, she's been promoting her *** off.  And not even just "by Britney standards," I mean she went to work, *****.  

The general public's taste sucks ***.  If she released FF type material, which were all radio friendly, we might have a different story.  But Glory is something fans can appreciate because it veers off from what the public wants.  Those cheap bastards barely even bought her most critically acclaimed albums so **** them.  I know they pirated Glory anyway.  When will Nielsen Sound Flop start adding those numbers in ?  Because if you think about it, most people are going to be too pu$$y to walk up to the checkout counter with a Britney CD.  When did it become "uncool" to like Britney's music ?  

Yes Britney is promoting but the question is: is she promoting the right way?

I'm not complaining at all. I'm just seeing it with the GP eye. She did nothing to call the GP attention. Wel she did ... + lip sync and + basic choreos. To them, ths is just another ERA with a "fake" singer.

14 minutes ago, COCKy™ said:

The general public's taste sucks ***.  If she released FF type material, which were all radio friendly, we might have a different story.  But Glory is something fans can appreciate because it veers off from what the public wants.  Those cheap bastards barely even bought her most critically acclaimed albums so **** them.  I know they pirated it anyway.  When did it become "uncool" to like Britney's music ?  

Glory has songs as radio friendly as FF. Slumber Party is a Britney's remake of Hotline bling, Better is the way Britney takes Diplo's influence, Just love me is Purpose's/Selena's inspired, If I'm Dancing is slaying on the internet (and even people who dislike Brit love the song, because it's becoming "cool"), the album itself is very current and it's exactly what a 2016 public wants actually. The problem  is that Britney's persona is not cool enough (as Rihanna/Bey) to keep an album in the top10 for weeks, and that's what team B has to change. They have to put Britney closer to the youngest public (16-25 years). Even Lady Gaga is suffering the same thing. We are living the revival of the R&B music and that's why pure pop singers as Britney don't get the attention fans expect.

9 minutes ago, COCKy™ said:

It's been "uncool" since the first day, lbr. :sobbing: I had to defend myself for being a Britney Spears fan since 1999. :otears: But yeah, the numbers are out there so I couldn't be the only one who bought her albums. :mjpopcorn: The difference is back then they couldn't pirate it. :sickofu:

Just now, Sil said:

Yes Britney is promoting but the question is: is she promoting the right way?

I'm not complaining at all. I'm just seeing it with the GP eye. She did nothing to call the GP attention. Wel she did ... + lip sync and + basic choreos. To them, ths is just another ERA with a "fake" singer.

I get what you mean.  I wonder why they pre-recorded vocals for the BBMAs but not the VMAs ?  Well, I guess they did for part of the VMAs, but the camera zoomed in on her face right when she messed up the lyrics.  If that wouldn't have happeneed, I think a lot more would have believed she sang live.  Everyone I was watching it with thought it was live, and I acted none-the-wiser.  

Pre-recorded vocals are a must for future performances if she ever wants to be taken as a serious artist. Or bring Womanizer BBMAs dance-break + pyro/production to an entire performance if it's nationally televised.  I mean, HELLO !  SMDH.

This is what happens when you don't use the opportunity given to your advantage. She had CK and VMAS and did they /her promote Grlory once? Her label is using her as a pawn to promote their up & coming artist G-eazy hence the VMAs mess and with eveey televised promotion, it's either just MM promotion or POM but not the album itself. I am a huge fan and always been but this whole thing is kinda messy. Not sure what goes in her head; probably cheetos & her kids. It's her career and she is only 34 for God's sake. :sofedup:

4 minutes ago, Lonndo said:

This is what happens when you don't use the opportunity given to your advantage. She had CK and VMAS and did they /her promote Grlory once? Her label is using her as a pawn to promote their up & coming artist G-eazy hence the VMAs mess and with eveey televised promotion, it's either just MM promotion or POM but not the album itself. I am a huge fan and always been but this whole thing is kinda messy. Not sure what goes in her head; probably cheetos & her kids. It's her career and she is only 34 for God's sake. :sofedup:

:rihclap:

Archived