MM is #8 and Glory is #20 (updated)

texas

3 minutes ago, TheLightningThief said:

Precisely. TeamBritney's management and planning is amateurish at best.

1. Releases MM right before Britney goes on a vacation to Hawaii. Why not after?

2. Films a controversial and edgy music video, only to scrap it for unknown reasons. Doesn't even bother to address the situation and pretends the original video never existed. Releases a rushed mess with no replay value in its place.

3. Books Carpool Karaoke only to have Britney refusing to sing or lip syncing some bits drawing negative GP comments.

4. Books VMAs and overhypes her big comeback only to have Britney promoting a year old G Eazy song instead of her own songs in her album debut week.

:embarrassney: it doesn't make any sense.

spill that truth tea hun... the thing is: her team is full of old people who clearly dont have a clue about nowadays promo... im begining to see some people using the argument of ageism as the main problem, well justin t and pink say hi .... im still shocked on how just like fire performed that good on charts tbh such a basic song and the movie flopped hard but still managed to be a reasonable hit :angietea: 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not one to care about chart numbers honestly. I haven't enjoyed an album of hers this much since 2007/2008, so that's good enough for me.

I do think if she had performed an album medley (BBMA style) at the VMAs, it could've helped a lot. GP probably thinks the album is FF/BJ 2.0 or full of songs like Make Me, when it's actually got a great mix of sounds, vocal styles and genres. They just needed a taste of it, and I'm sure if they had heard even one or two songs appealing to their taste, more people would've bought the whole album.

29 minutes ago, SlayTheLights said:

If this album flops y'all gonna be here 2 months from now saying it was ****.:tiffanynod:

The music is good, there was tons of promo this era, she looks great, she seems happy.:carpoolney:

What else do you want?:nyheadache:

the music is good she looks great she seems happy but also looks like she is stucked in the past, her image is the same, non existent creative ideas, nothing fresh and captivating for the gp... and the lipsynching is gettin worse day by day :nothavingit:

The album is amazing. The promo is just very messy and mismanaged. Fans have a right to be angry or upset about that. Glory deserves so much better. Camp Britney needs to evolve.

As much as I loathe to admit it, the first item that needs evolving - whether or not she's been doing it for nearly two decades - is the lip-syncing. Lip-syncing so unabashedly in performances is simply not tolerated anymore. More of an effort needs to be made to address this issue, especially during public performances, outside of Vegas. One of the secrets to remaining relevant is having the ability to attract newer audiences and unfortunately much of the GP in this day and age would rather fork out the money to audition for The Voice than support an Artist that lip-syncs 100% of their set-list, 100% of the time.

I think they didn't leverage the VMA's performance and Make me's music video properly. Specially the MM music video ruined the song as well as the success of the album. It's time for the second single and I hope this time they will push a big music video if they want to revive Glory on the charts. Actually, her team and Britney are really trying to make the album successful this time, the promo is HUGE, and we cannot complain. But I think they use an "old-fashioned" promo. this is not 2003, nor even 2008 anymore. They should adapt themselves to these new times and try to make Britney current to the GP's eyes, specially in terms of style, because GLORY in music term is damn current. 

1 hour ago, Barbie Spears said:

I'm not one to care about chart numbers honestly. I haven't enjoyed an album of hers this much since 2007/2008, so that's good enough for me.

I do think if she had performed an album medley (BBMA style) at the VMAs, it could've helped a lot. GP probably thinks the album is FF/BJ 2.0 or full of songs like Make Me, when it's actually got a great mix of sounds, vocal styles and genres. They just needed a taste of it, and I'm sure if they had heard even one or two songs appealing to their taste, more people would've bought the whole album.

The problem is that if she flops with Glory, the budget for the next album will be much worse, and the situation will turn into a horrible mess. Britney is a pop artist and she needs to be successful to satisfy her expectations as a pop artist (music videos/performances/tour etc). My point is, if she is not successful, music videos will become worse and worse, she will stay in Vegas forever and the performances will disappear. That's what happened to Hilary Duff or Xtina Aguilera, and I don't want that for Brit.

2 hours ago, the_toy said:

spill that truth tea hun... the thing is: her team is full of old people who clearly dont have a clue about nowadays promo... im begining to see some people using the argument of ageism as the main problem, well justin t and pink say hi .... im still shocked on how just like fire performed that good on charts tbh such a basic song and the movie flopped hard but still managed to be a reasonable hit :angietea: 

She has 5th Harmony's Team who Larry is actually managing well:lustney:

3 hours ago, lileli said:

Everyone is saying they need to adapt to 2016 promo style and no one has defined exactly what that is....so what is it?

1st: Design, technology, internet, fashion, style ARE VERY important these days : Glory artwork is a mess, and in 2016 brainless teenagers won't buy an album like Glory because of its cover. Look at Blond by Frank Ocean, Anti by Rihanna, Lemonade by Beyoncé. TLP of Kanye, Rebel Heart by Madonna, their art works have a currency that Glory has not.

In this terms, Britney should radically change her style, when she is "Britney the pop star" (I don't care how she dresses when she is shopping in LA or when she's taking her kids to school). Marie Claire photoshoot is a clear example of how Britney should look in 2016. She needs to get rid of outfits like the VMA's one, the Gimme more's one in POM etc this kind of outfits are not a thing anymore (this is not 2007). She needs to reinvent herself. It sounds superficial, because finally you are judging a singer by her style, but 2016's society is like that. I don't want Britney to look like Rihanna, but Marie Claire's style fits her so well, and it's very current.

Her music videos. MM is a mess, of course. But in 2016, music videos are not like they used to be. Womanizer/Toxic/HIAM/TTWE etc are a very pop music videos, but they are not current anymore. "Fade" by KW represents what a 2016 music video is, or even Nikes by Frank. Britney needs to mix her essence with this visual currency (she did it in Glory, she mixed all the music tendencies of 2016 with her own signature). She needs to record a  music video with a very good photography and creative. A music video like MM is a HUGE mistake in 2016. 

POM: It's a great show. The production is great, but its lack of currency speaks volumes. It's a very pop show (of course, and Britney needs to keep this "pop" vibe in her shows because otherwise she will lose her signature as an artist). But look at Beyoncé (and I really dislike her). She reinvented the kind of show she used to make; she started mixing high technology with her performances (look at partition performance, or the formation tour is an example of it). Britney needs to reinvent herself in terms of performance. She's been doing the same thing since 1998. I don't want her to get rid of her choreos (In fact, I want Brian to work with her), but to me the "hands part" of Vma's is an example of what Britney's performances must turn into. That's a good beginning, and Brit and her team should focus on this performance and follow its pattern. Times change and Britney has to adapt herself to the new demands, and as I said, Glory is PERFECT to me, because in music terms she has demonstrated that she is able to adapt herself to nowadays. And again, I really dislike Beyonce, but she's an example of adapting yourself to new tendencies.

Britney should get more involved with the internet. It's good that she always praises the old-school and all this stuff. However, sometimes it seems that she lives in a bubble. Her son introduced Calvin Harris to her...:selenerz: She needs to ackowledge what is happening in a 2016 music industry. Tumblr is a exposition of what 2016 means. The internet reveals you what is happening nowadays in music/fashion/design/photography. Her team MUST work to show this information to Britney, but I personally think that she needs to interact much more with the internet as well.

And I hope this looooooooooooong answer responds to your question:angietea: 

Archived