Serious question: why everyone wants Slumber Party as a single?

andreafly1

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i love all tracks in her recent album. but i love slumber party more!! 

it sound so Britney like we used to listen during her prime era. she sound cute, ****, sweet..and thats make it so her. she is different from other artist. i know some peope expect her to produce song similar to current pop artist. but she is different.. thats y we love her. 

5 hours ago, ashleyBritboy said:

Make me did okay tbh and it's been the best longevity I've seen from Britney in, well, ever. I still see a top 10 coming for MM. 

If the video is done right (controversial) SP could do really well. 

Its a shame about you guys not liking Better and it being a bonus track because honesty (and drag me all you like) it has smash written all over it :feelingmyself:

Yes. Yes. Yes. My favorite song on Glory. So much potential there. 

Man on the moon isn't gay in any sense of the word. It does have another worldly feel - both retro and Astro. It takes me to places that mid 60's to early 70's female-driven pop does. The autotune isn't going to be an issue with Britney. People say it about even her most raw vocals so whatever. The issue I have is any performance. But I can come up with one :p  I want it a single because it's everything Britney represents. I see a more contemporary dance for it. Britney going from looking up to the moon to in her memories dancing on the moon with her guy. It would be a simple performance. Something like 

Makes me miss Wade again :( Especially the more fleshed out practice version of it.

I don't think it's the right choice for single two after a not hit single one. Single two has to be more like a single one. It needs to be GP friendly and with a killer video and a visual performance. Slumber party can be the video and performance Make me deserved. It needs the OTH Touch of my hand/Breathe on me section type performance. And it can be less messy with just Britney and the one male with others doing their own thing if Britney is into a less kinky and more intimate vibe. 

Guys...we need to learn to separate our own personal musicall taste from what it's radio friendly. In GLORY we have several tracks that have radio appeal and have instant hooks that get in your head as soon as you hear them.

In order from most radio friendly and instant hooks:

Liar

Do you wanna come over

Slumber party

Better 

Love me down/just luv me (repetitive chorus sometimes are a good thing)

I see LIAR doing extremely well in charts if she does a really good....controversial video..considering the lyrical contentry of the song. 

Slumber party and Better...have this dancing in the beach/tropical feel to it...

• Super Mods
6 hours ago, Andrea Beez said:

I'm not dissing the track by asking this...the fact is there are definitely better single choices, in my opinion. It's a fun song, but that's it. :selenerz:

Love Me Down, Hard To Forget Ya, Just Luv Me and Man On The Moon exist...why Slumber Party? Everytime i listen to that song i feel like there's something missing and i can't even imagine a music video unless it is Britney pulling a Make Me 2.0 chilling with her girlfriends or something like that. (Let's not mention the bonus tracks, we all know those aren't supposed to be released as singles).

So, i want to genuinely know why 90% of the Army considers Slumber Party as a massive potential hit...the chorus? The production? 

Just let me know, thanks! :moorangu:

Tbh most of my non-Britney fan friends think Slumber Party would be a great second single. They don't think it's "too gay" for the GP (which I think is a dumb argument to begin with :orangu:) For reasons people already mentioned, Slumber Party has that chill vibe that the GP really likes right now, but I also think the production and her vocals are still unique enough to make the GP hooked. There could be many different music video ideas for the song, and if they were going to do a remix of it, I could see it being a smash. The only reason I would be wary about Slumber Party is also the fact that it has the chill vibe coming directly after Make Me. I could see DYWCO be the second single and I don't really have a problem with that, as it's more uptempo.

Hard To Forget Ya tho? :selenerz: noooooooo way this could ever become a single tbh :nobitch: It's way too dated a sound :moorangu: 

1 hour ago, Artsy Fartsy said:

I seriously don't know why this forum love that song so much :dontlike: I asked my friends (who are not Britney stans) which song should be the next single, and they all said Change Your Mind or Love Me Down

1 hour ago, Calm Before the Storm said:

Britney sounds really bored in sp. Like Ive honestly imagined her looking bored and out of it whenever I listen to that song. 

giphy.gif

Just kiddin'! Love ya's! :bigkiss:

Archived