Serious question: why everyone wants Slumber Party as a single?

andreafly1

I'm not dissing the track by asking this...the fact is there are definitely better single choices, in my opinion. It's a fun song, but that's it. :selenerz:

Love Me Down, Hard To Forget Ya, Just Luv Me and Man On The Moon exist...why Slumber Party? Everytime i listen to that song i feel like there's something missing and i can't even imagine a music video unless it is Britney pulling a Make Me 2.0 chilling with her girlfriends or something like that. (Let's not mention the bonus tracks, we all know those aren't supposed to be released as singles).

So, i want to genuinely know why 90% of the Army considers Slumber Party as a massive potential hit...the chorus? The production? 

Just let me know, thanks! :moorangu:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More to the question, why does everybody want love me down? I've tried so hard to like that song because everybody on this forum says it slays but it's so generic and sounds like a Rihanna/ Fifth Harmony song tbh and I don't care for the down votes. I just don't understand the love for that song. I don't hate it but Slumber party's instrumental alone kills Love me down, it doesn't sound like every other song on iTunes like love me down but it still sounds current enough to get a top 10, she won't get dragged for jumping on the bandwagon. This is my opinion. :idkney:

1 minute ago, ashleyBritboy said:

More to the question, why does everybody want love me down? I've tried so hard to like that song because everybody on this forum says it slays but it's so generic and sounds like a Rihanna/ Fifth Harmony song tbh and I don't care for the down votes. I just don't understand the love for that song. I don't hate it but Slumber party's instrumental alone kills Love me down, it doesn't sound like every other song on iTunes like love me down but it still sounds current enough to get a top 10, she won't get dragged for jumping on the bandwagon. This is my opinion. :idkney:

Don't call it Generic :embarrassney: It's catchy, has a great vibe, it's a mix of r&bney, it's perfect, but that depends on your taste and everyone else, is not like we need to have a point or a reason, you like it or you don't, personally to me Love Me Down >>>>> Slumer Party, but i do respect your opinion cause it's yours, simple as that, and i'm gonna Up Vote even thought i love the song and you hate lol

3 minutes ago, PBoy said:

Don't call it Generic :embarrassney: It's catchy, has a great vibe, it's a mix of r&bney, it's perfect, but that depends on your taste and everyone else, is not like we need to have a point or a reason, you like it or you don't, personally to me Love Me Down >>>>> Slumer Party, but i do respect your opinion cause it's yours, simple as that, and i'm gonna Up Vote even thought i love the song and you hate lol

I don't know, maybe it's just me. Can you believe that it took me seeing Get Naked live in Melbourne for me to love that song? I would always skip it for 2 years!!! Now I play it almost daily for the passed 6 years :bgrin:

Just now, ashleyBritboy said:

I don't know, maybe it's just me. Can you believe that it took me seeing Get Naked live in Melbourne for me to love that song? I would always skip it for 2 years!!! Now I play it almost daily for the passed 6 years :bgrin:

Thank god you found the light, otherwise :wannadie:

Slumber Party is nice but kind of boring. It's missing something. Liar for second single :donewithit:

4 minutes ago, ashleyBritboy said:

Wait wait! I am with you in that one, Get Naked was one of the few songs i couldn't stand on Blackout till i saw live (on youtube lol she didn't come to my country) and today is a song i really enjoy it, but like i said, you don't need to force yourself to love it just cause everyone here seems to, if you gonna like it, just like it cause it happens :brityes:

1 minute ago, ashleyBritboy said:

I like Liar and I'm really intrigued to know why you think it would smash? As much as I love it, I don't see it resonating with the GP :yaknow:

It's also a bonus track so it won't happen anyway :nyheadache:

The song has fire behind the lyrics and sound. It's strong and confident, very radio friendly. I don't wanna complain but watching weird CK, recieving boring as suck Make Me video and VMAs where everything besides Britney went wrong, I can't understand why they put every track on glory on that order. Better, Change Your Mind, Liar and If Im Dancing deserves to be on standard edition. On the other hand Clumsy, Just Like Me and Hard to Forget Ya are repetitive and boring. And I am truly sorry that I sound pissed off but we have such an amazing album, the best we could wish for and Britney the best shape in a decade and a promo we dreamed for, but why oh why everything is not going that well and flopping? By now I don't know which song as a second single and what video would bury the backlash and make Glory Era successful. :nothavingit:

Archived