Glory debuts at #4 in Australia!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Lightspeed said:

http://www.ariacharts.com.au/charts/albums-chart

Her 8th top 5 album here. Make Me also re-enters the top 50 at #43!

Past peaks:

...Baby One More Time - #2

Oops!...I Did It Again - #2

Britney - #4

In the Zone - #10

Greatest Hits: My Prerogative - #4

Blackout - #3

Circus - #3

The Singles Collection - #23

Femme Fatale - #1

Britney Jean - #12

:clap:

Let me see which one is the odd one out... I see you Britney Jean Spears :rihclap:

13 minutes ago, makemeslay said:

Shes is dling so great. :bow: dont forget Auatralia is P!nk's territory

Yeah why is it that so many Australian's have an affinity with P!nk? Did she do something or is there a statistic showing her doing the most tours here or something? :mhmsureny: To be fair Britney has only been here 2 times (I think?)??

7 minutes ago, Slayde said:

Yeah why is it that so many Australian's have an affinity with P!nk? Did she do something or is there a statistic showing her doing the most tours here or something? :mhmsureny: To be fair Britney has only been here 2 times (I think?)??

They LOVE her tomboy image. I lived in Aus for 7 years ans there is a lot of similarity between the way they act and P!nk's attitude. You can always see TV commercials that feature her playing volleyball at the beach with girls and boys ... she found a way to turn that California valley surfer girl thing and apply it to Aussies which wasnt that hard to do, but they wouldnt believe dainty pretty girls like Britney and Beyonce pulling it off.

Also she promotes a lot over there which they appreicate because most celebs forget to go there, like Madonna didnt return for 20 years, who knows if Britney will go back after the way they treated her.

But tbh i think P!nk peaked with The Truth About Love. Its been 4 years, interested to see how her next studio LP does in Australia.

And yeah P!nk holds some sort of record there. Longest tour or something. She did like 43 dates for one tour alone in Australia.

18 minutes ago, makemeslay said:

They LOVE her tomboy image. I lived in Aus for 7 years ans there is a lot of similarity between the way they act and P!nk's attitude. You can always see TV commercials that feature her playing volleyball at the beach with girls and boys ... she found a way to turn that California valley surfer girl thing and apply it to Aussies which wasnt that hard to do, but they wouldnt believe dainty pretty girls like Britney and Beyonce pulling it off.

Also she promotes a lot over there which they appreicate because most celebs forget to go there, like Madonna didnt return for 20 years, who knows if Britney will go back after the way they treated her.

But tbh i think P!nk peaked with The Truth About Love. Its been 4 years, interested to see how her next studio LP does in Australia.

Hmm interesting, it makes sense to me now and confirms a lot of girls who liked her when I went to school were the tomboy type image (and there's nothing wrong with that) Meanwhile I was playing 3 by Britney on my flip mobile Nokia, good times  :orangu: But you're right Britney has more of an American Dream/America's Sweetheart type vibe so she is obviously going to be more connected with the US market. It's tough being a Britney fan in Australia though, lived here my whole life. I am so moving to Melbourne, seems to be most of her fans there haha! I'm so annoyed i missed Madonna's show in Australia, I mean it's not the biggest loss. It was worse that I couldn't go to Britney's Circus Tour cause I was in Year 12 at the time :girlfall: IDK about P!nks new album, Just Like Fire is constantly played on the radio here still that's all I know 

9 minutes ago, Slayde said:

Hmm interesting, it makes sense to me now and confirms a lot of girls who liked her when I went to school were the tomboy type image (and there's nothing wrong with that) Meanwhile I was playing 3 by Britney on my flip mobile Nokia, good times  :orangu: But you're right Britney has more of an American Dream/America's Sweetheart type vibe so she is obviously going to be more connected with the US market. It's tough being a Britney fan in Australia though, lived here my whole life. I am so moving to Melbourne, seems to be most of her fans there haha! I'm so annoyed i missed Madonna's show in Australia, I mean it's not the biggest loss. It was worse that I couldn't go to Britney's Circus Tour cause I was in Year 12 at the time :girlfall: IDK about P!nks new album, Just Like Fire is constantly played on the radio here still that's all I know 

Aww i feel bad. I lived in Melbourne and I went to the Circus Tour on November 12, 2009. Greatest day ever ... or it wouod have been if my cousin who accompanied me wasnt whining and moaning the entire time about how she didnt like it. Ruined the show for me. I wish i had gone with a Britney fan.

19 minutes ago, makemeslay said:

Aww i feel bad. I lived in Melbourne and I went to the Circus Tour on November 12, 2009. Greatest day ever ... or it wouod have been if my cousin who accompanied me wasnt whining and moaning the entire time about how she didnt like it. Ruined the show for me. I wish i had gone with a Britney fan.

Damn that sounds annoying, I would not deal with that at all! With or without her at least you saw the show I would have loved to go but exams... Oh man, I wish I could have been that fan, I would feel very lucky :crying1:

57 minutes ago, makemeslay said:

And yeah P!nk holds some sort of record there. Longest tour or something. She did like 43 dates for one tour alone in Australia.

KInd of all of this. I think P!nk is okay. I don't think her songs are that great though. Brit's music is a million times better.

53 minutes ago, Slayde said:

The amount of guys I met on Grindr when I lived in Melbourne who were Britney fans was amazing! :bwink: Put a Britney quote in your bio and they come in waves! 

14 minutes ago, Trentals said:

The amount of guys I met on Grindr when I lived in Melbourne who were Britney fans was amazing! :bwink: Put a Britney quote in your bio and they come in waves! 

Haha it was different in Sydney I can tell you that much! Melbourne is defs my next place of residence, just have to figure out when tbh... :comingthru:

Archived