Britney Spears' 'Glory' Debuts At No. 3 In The U.S.

Jordan Miller

One week and it's a flop? :wtf1:

Glory did better that Mariah, J.Lo, Demi, Gwen, and Sia's most recent albums. It did about the same as Selena, Madonna, and Janet's most recent albums. Ariana's album didn't do insanely well and she promotes like crazy and is probably at a peak in her career. And you really can't compare her to Beyonce, Adele and Taylor Swift... all three of them were coming off of hugely successful albums. It will be interesting to see how Gaga's new single/album does in comparison (be prepared she's probably going to have higher numbers). 

Femme Fatale had some pretty big hits on that, but didn't sell that well. BJ flopped. And Pretty Girls did nothing to help. And although Make Me is a great song, it's had a rough start. Not too mention Glory leaked and was downloaded 200,000 times within a couple hours (who knows how many times before the official release. I mean if the album had actually been bought 200,000 times she definitely would have debuted at number one, easily. 

Glory may not be a "blockbuster" album yet.... but I think "flop" is an awfully strong word to call it when it's only been out for ONE week. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glory isn't a flop. It's actually overperforming, given the fact that she's in Vegas and we're coming from two successive flops (Britney Jean + Pretty Girls).

I think, and this is from experience - a lot of people haven't heard of Glory. I usually do carpool on my way home from work, and I play Glory. They are genuinely interested to know that Britney is still making music, and that her recent release is easy on the ears, not the dancing/clubbing type of music. 

5 hours ago, chris_fives said:

TBH it actually slays overseas.. Yeah, we don't have solely #1 but there is a huge improvement after BJ...

Considering she is closed in vegas for past 3 years that is actually a great result..

But US sales are kinda worried.. she used to be big there:donewithit:

It's bombing in the UK she will drop to 38 in the 2nd week and it will be the same everywhere overall, no amount of promo will get her the GP support if all they talk about is her lipsync... The proplem of her team and our fanbase is that most of us are out of touch and can't even see how bad she is doing. We aren't helping by acting liike everything is fine...It's sad tbh.

At this rate the album won't sell 200K in the US and It won't reach 500K WW when it's all said and done... And the she isn't the new "it" artist excuse isn't valid or the sale climate or the lack of huge hit single... Beyonce didn't do any promo for her album, didn't mention she was releasing any music, didn't release any single and she is mostly boycotting radios but still opened with +650K in the US alone and did around 900K WW and it wasn't even a full week and her album was only on Tidal before finally going on iTunes and no physical copies where aviable the first week so she sold all that in digital from iTunes and Amazon HOW????..  I know our fanbase has been shrinking but I didn't know it was that bad, how can Beyonce do so well she also isn't in her 20s anymore in fact she is older than Brit and Britney looks better....

Peoples logic is so dumb... It was top 3, how does that make it a flop? :xcuseme: And she hasn't even released the other singles or promoted glory yet... Like wtf:yaknow:. It's sad most people think like this. IF YOURE READING THIS AND YOU THINK LIKE THE OP YOU ARE A DUMB ****, LOG OFF YOU FAT!!! :lessons:

I really love Glory but honestly without live performances and promo, how can you sell more. I agree Beyonce did great without telling anything, so maybe she has a better fanbase...

Everyone is talking about her lipsync instead of her great new songs, and nothing on the radio, such a shame!

Archived