Britney Spears' 'Glory' Debuts At No. 3 In The U.S.

Jordan Miller

3 hours ago, colormefresh said:

Single #2 and #3 will keep the album afloat for a long time. This era is about longevity. Blackout, Circus, FF, and BJ all dropped like rocks after the first week.

Is this era about Longevity though? Or is it Britney team still using old promo and release methods.

Im just saying imagine if Britney had dropped the album as a surprise at midnight the friday before this week of promo, with a vmas performance and carpool etc, i think that would have been smarter.

Plus ive spoken to a lot of my friends from abck home who were 18, 19 at the time of circus and loved Britney, not one of them is interested in Glory, they said the loved carpool because of baby one more time, but that they found her vma's embarassing and probably wouldnt go and watch her again if shes still walking aroun miming

:( im so sad but its true, and dont drag me, ive been to vegas for her, onyx tour! circus, god i even sat through FF :( i just wish there was more spark and energy! with the whole thing, flawless promo but how long can they flog a sleepy horse?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GemmaTeller said:

Grrrrr I don't wanna complain about sales I've always said I don't care but it just makes me feel kind of weird and sad that she actually promoted this time and people are just not into it :yeahsure: It is what it is though and I love the album and that's what matters :bigtime:

Im in love with this album, the damage of BJ is real. would have been better if she released a greatest hits for vegas, Perfume and pretty girls just have not been good for the GP, they probablky think this album will be the same, she needs to release a smasher single now. not a mid tempo, she needs a floor filler for the dancefloor and gays. or were ******. Today show helped with nothing. 

Just now, JoffBaratheon said:

GP ain't about the floor fillers anymore. Nothing in the top ten is a Floorfiller :otears: now I have the a teens song stuck in my head :carpoolney:

It's Britney. and can I just remind you of the biggest hits of the year, Lean on, Justin Bieber Sorry, WHat you came for, Mike posner ibiza, Say you do by sigala, everything by the chainsmokers, the girl is mine by 99 souls, bang my head by sia & guetta, cheap thrills, major lazer light it up. you talking trash. - all bangers! such big ******* bangers they need some mash potato to go with them! 

People arent here for slow britney, we need a radio SMASH and make me wasnt, i adore Brit, but im not delusional we need a smash! a radio, club, party smash. THEN we can have the Just Luv Me's. we need radio to accept us again with a hit, then we can be more picky!

Uhh none of those are bangers. Work ***** is a banger. Those are mellow, barely danceable chill tracks you can bop along to but not go full crazy 

In your own opinion, to me they are what are being played in clubs and on dancefloors all across europe this year.

Work ***** is EMD, the world is over EDM.

You know what im saying, Im saying we need a upbeat track for clubs and radio.

Youre just being argumentative and clutching at straws to argue with me, and im not here for that, cba to argue with c*nts. 

I Agree with most of you in here.The release schedule was wrong.They released Make Me... in the middle of summer with zero promo for a month and now they release Glory with just  the VMAs and Carpool Karaoke,with Ellen+Iheartradio coming up the next weeks.Make Me... should've been released around this timeframe(end of August,most preferably August 19th),with a cool lyric video,today show or gma interview,radio interviews and carpool karaoke as a first week promo,followed by a VMA performance,the original music video debut at the finale of America's Got Talent,Ellen,Fallon,Iheartradio,promo in Europe around Apple Music Festival and,then,finally release the album around early October,with a GMA special,SNL and a mtv documentary that would show making of music video,behind the scenes of her vma performance/vegas show and making of Glory.With all that promo and hype she would definitely debut at #1 with over 200.000 sales,Make Me... would have reached Top 10 and she could release the 2nd single Slumber Party around the end of October and promote it at the AMAs/Voice,and finally 3rd single Just Luv Me around Valentine's day.Such wasted opportunity for flawless schedule.

Shut up you little bottom twink. Always so catty for no reason. I wasn't talking about Europe charts since I live in the US and Britney is an American artist so excuse me for being preoccupied with what's popular in my country first. Go sit on a **** and shut up :sizeup:

You are though. Im only saying i feel we need a banger, which is anything the radio loves, clubs love and the world bops to, and then we can go with her artsy fartsy stuff.

Read back, you came for me, you got  catty for no reason. dragging me on what counts as a ******* floor filler and what doesnt. I am sorry Music genre police....

How is calling someone a twink an insult though? really? if you think i pass for twink i will take that at 29 years old. :D guess the Mediterranean sun keeps this skin looking tidy. haha

Guest Nick Jonas
5 minutes ago, erieta_92 said:

I Agree with most of you in here.The release schedule was wrong.They released Make Me... in the middle of summer with zero promo for a month and now they release Glory with just  the VMAs and Carpool Karaoke,with Ellen+Iheartradio coming up the next weeks.Make Me... should've been released around this timeframe(end of August,most preferably August 19th),with a cool lyric video,today show or gma interview,radio interviews and carpool karaoke as a first week promo,followed by a VMA performance,the original music video debut at the finale of America's Got Talent,Ellen,Fallon,Iheartradio,promo in Europe around Apple Music Festival and,then,finally release the album around early October,with a GMA special,SNL and a mtv documentary that would show making of music video,behind the scenes of her vma performance/vegas show and making of Glory.With all that promo and hype she would definitely debut at #1 with over 200.000 sales,Make Me... would have reached Top 10 and she could release the 2nd single Slumber Party around the end of October and promote it at the AMAs/Voice,and finally 3rd single Just Luv Me around Valentine's day.Such wasted opportunity for flawless schedule.

She can't do that because of Vegas. :wannadie:

It's better than Britney Jean yes, but theres still things that could have been done a little bit more 2016.

She lost a lot of fans from the FF tour and from BJ.

In the UK they offered FF tickets Buy one get one free on group on! for 30 quid! because sales were so poor, the show i went to had a full empty tier and tickets were sold on the day for £5.00!

People who did go to the show said it was terrible, and it was. i liked it and danced and had a good time, but it was bad!

Archived