Too soon for 2nd single? The case for MM.

LostInAnImage

5 minutes ago, glorygloryglory said:

If they released that fking lachapelle original video, people would blow because that's some real art-***-pop-art music video :shameless:

Unfortunately, I just don't realistically think that's ever going to happen (though I hope I'm wrong!)

As such, I think we should just make the best of what we DO have, which is an extremely solid lead single.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, the song has potential to peak higher but it requires WORK to get it there. 

First of all, the video is tragic and embarrassing. VISUALS are everything. A lot of people end up loving songs after watching their videos (with the choreography and stunning visual, at least I know I do). Scrapping the video is not the only problem. Part of the problem is team Britney's constant disrespect to the fans (who don't bash Britney 24/7, just to be specific): 

We needed to know beforehand that the video is going to be different, and not be surprised by a flop video. A simple tweet saying "Sorry guys we had to change the video completely because of __whatever reason__. Plus, the promises about "live singing" and so much more that end up being scrapped as well. The lies has to stop and they should give some respect 'cause at the end of the day we buy what they're putting out there.

The problem with Make Me is that its positions in Itunes have been like a rollercoaster. First week top 10, then it went down to top 40. Later, Private Show was released and it grew again but then started to freefall. Then it got discounted for a week and it stayed somewhere top 30 but as soon as the discount was off, the song fell to 70. I think that it's really hard for a song to get too more spins or be supported by radio when it's not stabilized. And when it comes to spotify, Make Me was not top50 usa until last week. 

This last week, everything has changed :shake:.... it's top 10 itunes, in Spotify is top 30, so there are no excuses for radio to play it. I really hope stations start supporting the song, it deserves to smash!!! but it depends if it's stable in itunes and spotify. 

8 minutes ago, Dark Prerogative said:

The problem with Make Me is that its positions in Itunes have been like a rollercoaster. First week top 10, then it went down to top 40. Later, Private Show was released and it grew again but then started to freefall. Then it got discounted for a week and it stayed somewhere top 30 but as soon as the discount was off, the song fell to 70. I think that it's really hard for a song to get too more spins or be supported by radio when it's not stabilized. And when it comes to spotify, Make Me was not top50 usa until last week. 

This last week, everything has changed :shake:.... it's top 10 itunes, in Spotify is top 30, so there are no excuses for radio to play it. I really hope stations start supporting the song, it deserves to smash!!! but it depends if it's stable in itunes and spotify. 

I really hope so too! I just don't want the fan base to give up on it, because then radio definitely will.

56 minutes ago, D_Britfan said:

Thats a really bad example considering Gaga was still new and exciting and the charts were much simpler back then, its no longer about quick shock factor and buying off of itunes  then job done, has to be worked for now.

Huh? How is it a bad example? It was a good song, with a video that sent it even further into success. The YouTube views alone speak for itself. Had YouTube been around the same time as Toxic, I'm pretty sure it would have done the same.

55 minutes ago, BreatheOnMoi said:

How does that even make sense when the song is doing great across the board? You're very negative and childish af, let the video go :sofedup:

Wow, can you get off my **** for one second? You're constantly humping my leg like a damn chihuahua. For someone who hates me so much, you often engage in conversation with me, but I have no desire to talk to you cause you're annoying as hell :grimace:

Archived