here's whats wrong with the choreo and the britards will deal

greenbear89

Theres hardly any sequence. Its as if some moves are placed in areas just to have Britney be doing something and it does not look natural at all. The zumba/aerobic moves in DYWCO/Make Me (and Boys POM remix) are cringeworthy and Britney is capable of so much more. She needs more HIP-HOP choreography in her routines (MATM), because thats what she looks best doing and we all know she is capable of it. 

Team Brit and Britney know we want choreography, and they've obviously attempted to place choreography into almost all of Britney's routines. But they're not getting it.  There are parts of songs that don't necessarily need to be choreographed, but we have Britney doing random hand movements and aerobic moves. I would rather see no choreographed moves in some parts of songs and have Britney doing her own thing and then go HARD on actual choreographed dance routines a la MM dance routine Brit posted on Instagram, rather than having an entire song choreographed with random movements that seem misplaced and have no sequence. 

(^LOL at the way the word "choreographed" aligned together above)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree. Nowadays every song she does is 100% choreographed. Every single move. It used to not be like that. It makes it so it always seems like she's thinking about what step comes next, rather than just being in the moment. 

Kind of related, but remember how she used to grab her mic all the time to make it at least seem like she might be singing. She never does that anymore :(

1 minute ago, ...oops said:

Agree. Nowadays every song she does is 100% choreographed. Every single move. It used to not be like that. It makes it so it always seems like she's thinking about what step comes next, rather than just being in the moment. 

Kind of related, but remember how she used to grab her mic all the time to make it at least seem like she might be singing. She never does that anymore :(

Omg I was just thinking that she should do that I remember she did it at the end of vma 2000 performance 

YES. More hip hop dance and less PTA mom talent show fundraiser. And I completely agree with you about not needing every moment to be choreographed. She used to do dance breaks and then just work the stage when she wasn't. It's what most performers do. Every little moment being planned out looks amateur and awkward.

3 minutes ago, nels64 said:

Some choreo is good others is simple and "safe". When POM 2.0 started she went hard with the choreo and seemed as close to primeney as we have gotten. Now she's playing a little safer. The sharp choreo is still there for most routines where they were before. But new routines like Make Me and DYWCO have simple choreo. 

I feel like something has to be going on behind the scenes. Like why did we get that really **** choreo on instagram of her rehearsing make me and then the actual show is 100% different?

nothing adds up

What could be going on?! I need your full thoughts. 

15 minutes ago, nels64 said:

Some choreo is good others is simple and "safe". When POM 2.0 started she went hard with the choreo and seemed as close to primeney as we have gotten. Now she's playing a little safer. The sharp choreo is still there for most routines where they were before. But new routines like Make Me and DYWCO have simple choreo. 

I feel like something has to be going on behind the scenes. Like why did we get that really **** choreo on instagram of her rehearsing make me and then the actual show is 100% different?

nothing adds up

Maybe she learned the difficult routine but decided she didn't want to have to recreate it on stage every performance? :boredashell:

So now you all understand what she meant by "POM is the most i danced ever." 

I said this once and people ignored me.She wasn't dancing this much in her "prime",she had dance breaks and calculated walking on stage.That was it.She's doing so much more in POM since the first day of this show but people think she doesn't dance.She's dancing way too much this time (good or bad choreos).

14 minutes ago, nels64 said:

nothing adds up

It might be about her knee again.She has to be careful and i understand.Btw that choreography might be in the original video.We didn't see all of it.

6 minutes ago, breaktheiceofmrv said:

So now you all understand what she meant by "POM is the most i danced ever." 

I said this once and people ignored me.She wasn't dancing this much in her "prime",she had dance breaks and calculated walking on stage.That was it.She's doing so much more in POM since the first day of this show but people think she doesn't dance.She's dancing way too much this time (good or bad choreos).

It might be about her knee again.She has to be careful and i understand.Btw that choreography might be in the original video.We didn't see all of it.

But thats the problem....the way they have her "dancing" the whole song does not make it look like she's dancing. Britney and her team try to sell her shows with the whole "this is the most I've ever danced" but thats not what her fans love her for. We don't care if she's dancing a lot, we care if she's dancing and looks good doing it. Unfortunately so many of these choreographed sequences are just random movements and don't even come off as dancing. 

11 minutes ago, greenbear89 said:

But thats the problem....the way they have her "dancing" the whole song does not make it look like she's dancing. Britney and her team try to sell her shows with the whole "this is the most I've ever danced" but thats not what her fans love her for. We don't care if she's dancing a lot, we care if she's dancing and looks good doing it. Unfortunately so many of these choreographed sequences are just random movements and don't even come off as dancing. 

I agree.That's why i said (good or bad choreographies) ;)

You gotta admit that she's dancing a lot!  but it makes those special dance breaks very regular..For example i love MATM in POM.She's not doing too much just breaks and having good time other times.I love it.Looks more fire :yaknow: 

Look at Stronger..This song has never seen that much choreo in its life but it looks simple because it's too much.

I believe she has too much energy lately and she wants to move a little bit more,especially her hands..Watch TOMH,you'll get what i'm saying :hehehe: 

Archived