Is number 1 debut still possible? Enlighten me with all those numbers!

RussianFan

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, no. 

FGL is selling too much.  There's something up with Barbara's numbers too, HDD and other outlets still seem sure she'll take the no.2 slot so let's really prepare for #3 and FIGHT HARD to secure that #2 slot, and if we get THAT, it will be a blessing.  Even if FGL sold literally ZERO Copies since Tuesday, Briney would still have to sell an additional 40,000 between today and tomorrow to debut at #1. 

***Also, yes we still have the TODAY performance, but even if it's mega-successful, it will probably only help with an additional 6-10K

Just now, IRunAway said:

Unfortunately, no. 

FGL is selling too much.  There's something up with Barbara's numbers too, HDD and other outlets still seem sure she'll take the no.2 slot so let's really prepare for #3 and FIGHT HARD to secure that #2 slot, and f we get THAT, it will be a blessing.  Even if FGL SOsold literally zero Copies since Tuesday, Briney would still have to sell an additional 40,000 between today and tomorrow to debut at #1.

but what's up with the streaming and that SEA and TEA stuff I don't really get

Just now, IRunAway said:

Idk what you're referring to.  I know people are using VPNs to stream from other countries to try to help US streams? But idk about SEA at all.

there is a weird formula. it includes singles streaming + sales, other album songs including, + radio + youtube etc. I mean not just ordinary album sales. 

7 minutes ago, IRunAway said:

Unfortunately, no. 

FGL is selling too much.  There's something up with Barbara's numbers too, HDD and other outlets still seem sure she'll take the no.2 slot so let's really prepare for #3 and FIGHT HARD to secure that #2 slot, and if we get THAT, it will be a blessing.  Even if FGL sold literally ZERO Copies since Tuesday, Briney would still have to sell an additional 40,000 between today and tomorrow to debut at #1. 

***Also, yes we still have the TODAY performance, but even if it's mega-successful, it will probably only help with an additional 6-10K

what? there is no chance now?

2 minutes ago, LanaBrit said:

what? there is no chance now?

There really hasn't been all week.  FGL is ahead of her digitally and physically.  The only thing we have on our side is streaming, and the first 4 days only produced an additional 10,000 copies for Britney.

It still shocks me how little albums and singles sell these days.

Album sales I know have been in decline since like 2002 but they still sold somewhat good numbers now they have just nosedived.

Singles sales in like 2008-2014 were phenomenal better than ever before. That's why the likes of Rihanna, Katy Perry and Taylor Swift have such high record sales.

Rihanna has apparently sold more records than Britney now cause her singles kept selling over 5 million copies.

I really feel sorry for artists nowadays like Ariana and the like, they won't be able to gauge how successful they are in comparison to past stars cause of streaming Vs Sales

It truly is like talking Apples and Oranges

6 minutes ago, Godlory said:

Its not impossible after the today show performance impact. Cuz the diffrence is minimal. 

30-50K is not minimal.  Especially with Britney whose sales are always front loaded the first 48 hours, and especially today where sales are so low, there are albums in the top 20 that are only selling 2,000 copies.

Just now, IRunAway said:

30-50K is not minimal.  Especially with Britney whose sales are always front loaded the first 48 hours, and especially today where sales are so low, there are albums in the top 20 that are only selling 2,000 copies.

No difference 40k or 50k. :zoomzoom: Where are you looking?  

FGL is way ahead of us. They're doing well in TEA, SEA, and pure album sales. They're getting 150k SPS.

Barbra is around 130k SPS and Britney is predicted to do 114k-119k. Passing Barbra is not impossible, especially since Make Me will give Glory a TEA boost on Thursday because she's performing on the Today Show.

We need to give Glory a last push by doing a streaming party to beat Barbra.

Archived