Early Estimates Predict Britney Spears' 'Glory' Will Debut At No. 3

Jordan Miller

Just stream and if you haven't bought yet-buy.  BJ had such poor reception that it hurt physical shipment and morale in the fanbase. Plus Britney has been on the DL for years and that affects fans taking the chance to check her music out. Yes I mean the former but could still buy fans. And we have to realize that Make Me hasn't been a hit single yet so the GP isn't likely to want to buy the album. A hit single is vitally important unless you have a passionate fanbase. The video issues hampered fan support of the single. Even if there is issues we're still too negative all the time to be passionate for Britney. We whine and limit people thinking good things about our fave. And the big thing is Britney and team Britney haven't made this a buzz must buy album which has probably helped Britney handle this need and want to get the news out but limited the need to buy the album.  

This isn't a positive, but mind you, there is still time to really push for a hit album and to get a hit single. It's just the end of August so a lot of time left in the year. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The music from Glory is too good to not debut at number 1. :carpoolney:

2 digital copies bought (on different cards/separate platforms) 2 physical copies bought (with cash/separate retailers), streaming on Spotify w/two different accounts (one on iPad & one on Kindle), streaming Apple Music w/two diff. accounts (on two iPhones). BTW this is very important if you're using Apple Music....Select the music icon on your phone or tablet and select the search icon at top right corner, search Britney Spears and click where it says Britney Spears artist. From there, scroll down to the Glory Deluxe Version under the albums section and play only the Glory album on repeat. Again, under Britney Spears "ALL" and NOT "My Music". If you're streaming from my music portion, then you are not counting towards streams, you are simply playing the album you've purchased. I've attached a photo here for visual aide. You'll know you are streaming from there because there is a small circular icon that surrounds the album cover and that includes a time lapse so you know how much longer of the song is left:

wbymfn.png:donewithit::donewithit::CPKney:

I also created a YouTube playlist from Britney's Vevo that includes the Make Me music video, carpool karaoke, and the 2016 Vmas performance. That playlist is streaming under firefox and also chrome under different accounts on shuffle & on repeat at 1.25 speed with the volume not turned down. Again, do not turn down your volume completely mute if you are streaming. Otherwise you could be weeded out as spam if you've mute any of you're devices. :hype:

What else can we do for GLORY for GLORY? :feelingmyself:

I've been with her for eighteen years now and I am elated with joy at all of her continued success, but in all honesty, I do want to see her smash the charts yet again.

If HDD is accurate, and they usually are, then Glory could have less SPS than Britney Jean (and BJ had no streaming). This is beyond embarrassing*. BJ was savaged by critics and fans. Glory has been praised. There is no way it should only sell 90-95k copies.

Britney has been EVERYWHERE. But, I've always said that promotion is meaningless. You can no longer trick people into buying an album they don't want simply by showing up on every show and radio station. Looks like I'm right.

*Embarrassed not because she might debut #3, but because Glory is going to sell less than Britney Jean. Yes, BJ came out during the holiday shopping season, but there was also way more competition. Truthfully, this proves that Make Me was a bad choice as a first single. Hopefully, the album will have staying power.

15 minutes ago, Don't Keep Me Waiting said:

If HDD is accurate, and they usually are, then Glory could have less SPS than Britney Jean (and BJ had no streaming). This is beyond embarrassing*. BJ was savaged by critics and fans. Glory has been praised. There is no way it should only sell 90-95k copies.

Britney has been EVERYWHERE. But, I've always said that promotion is meaningless. You can no longer trick people into buying an album they don't want simply by showing up on every show and radio station. Looks like I'm right.

*Embarrassed not because she might debut #3, but because Glory is going to sell less than Britney Jean. Yes, BJ came out during the holiday shopping season, but there was also way more competition. Truthfully, this proves that Make Me was a bad choice as a first single. Hopefully, the album will have staying power.

The market is completely different. You can't compare it to BJ. Sales are way wayyyyy down since then. 

Archived