Britney: "The World Can't Get Rid Of Me"

Jordan Miller

• Leader
britney-spears-rid-interview

9 albums down, 9 to go.

Britney is in New York City until Wednesday to promote her new record Glory, and her latest stint is a radio interview with the Zach Sang Show.

Brit first opened up about the VMAs, saying she "was a little nervous" leading up to her performance, but felt relieved when it was over because humble queen is humble. She also insists the chemistry between her and G-Eazy on stage was for show and that they're just friends.

There's a lot of hoopla flying around the Internet about MTV's decision to place Britney's performance after Beyonce's mini-concert, but it didn't phase her one bit. "I really wasn't thinking about that," she said. "I actually had a shadow in front of me and I was looking at the shadow and making little faces with my hands and stuff (laughs). No I didn't even really think about it."

As for collaborating with the Oakland rapper, Brit realizes it's important to attach her name to artists that connect with the younger generation. The pop star then gives a shout-out to Ariana Grande and Selena Gomez, who she says "inspires" her.

A veteran that also captures Brit's attention? The Queen of pop. "Madonna started when she was 32," Britney said. "I'm 34, so I'll probably have nine more [albums] to go. The world can't get rid of me."

Listen below:

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

If you haven't already, register an account in Exhale and chat with thousands of pop music lovers.
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that she said 9 MORE ALBUMS. I will be dead if we get to B18

Also I love how she said she said she is a big fan of Rihanna, and then said she wasn't nervous about going after Beyonce, and the fact that she was making hand puppets backstage :hehehe: Also how many times have people asked about the album name? You'd think they've heard the other 3 news shows where she answered that. :idkney:

She sounded kinda bored to me. Or maybe the Beyonce question pissed her off? "I don't even want to mention that *****'s name" :gloria: "She's dead to me" :gloria: 

I don't like how she mentions her boys in every answer to every question. Yes she's probably missing them like crazy, but you have a job to do, Britney :lessons:

You're promoting Glory not I'm A Great Mom :lessons:

Archived