What if Britney had opened 2016 VMA's with Gimme More?

WeaveHeavy

I know this topic is being beaten to death, but I can't help but fantasize about all the missed opportunities. 

Britney looked gorgeous and she danced confidently - imagine if she had come out in her original gimme more costume and started by slaying the original choreo or done her POM gimme more performance and then Segwayed into Make Me? She would have definitely proven, "It's Britney *****" and no one would've been thinking about Beyonce. :saycheese:

A lot of the GP is talking about how she was so much healthier and better than 2007,it would have been interesting to see her acknowledge it on stage and own it and then slay us with how far she's come. It definitely would have made her performance a little more dynamic and memorable :feelingmyself:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it was the elephant in the room whenever they talked about her VMA performances. Everyone kinda skimmed over 2007 - but even though it was a bad time in her life, it was iconic in itself. I would have loved if she at least started with, "if you're lookin for trouble..." 

Archived