VMA ratings here : Total FLOP

SamanthaBailey

1 hour ago, naturalplayboy said:

If you think about no one really attended.  I don't know. I attended the show live and it seemed like the only big people there were Britney Rihanna Beyoncé Kim and Kanye. Like I remember when the vmas used to be huge and everyone attended.

like they didn't reel in the tweens and teens with people like bieber, the jenners, Selena, demi

So true, I was thinking the same thing earlier. Like Shawn Mendes, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, Taylor Swift, and Adele weren't even there. 

Even Meghan Trainor didn't bother to show up for that **** show :drown:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Miss Cootie said:

i feel like the vmas performance would have been amazing for Teen Choice Awards or Kids Choice Awards. **** but not slutty. let them ******* kids know wht the ***** up u know.

Ooh, and I totally forgot about iHeart, too. There's plenty of shows she could slay.

The VMA's performance would've slayed at the TCA's, but remember when you could see her nipples during "Sometimes" during the KCA's and she got ******* reamed for weeks? I don't think this performance would fly over there LOL

Ill be honest, if not for Britney I would have turned that **** off after seeing 1 min of those two annoying hosts. Actually ALL the hosts, including KHALED were annyoing AF. Complety ruined the show. And as soon as Brit performed I turned it off. Complete ****.

1 hour ago, ukfan said:

Mtv have got very shallow and that's why they are failing.  They used to stand by artists and had connections with them including Britney.  There was something that allowed interaction between artists and fans.  But now in this day and age after failing for a long time and reliying on teen mom etc Mtv are too desperate and will kiss Beyonces *** because she's so "mainstream" and that's why I didn't tune in.  Because all they care about is the "who's hot,who's not"  and it's sad and cruel.  GIVE ME THE BILLBOARD AWARDS ANY DAY!  They celebrate and acknowledge actual achievement and don't just give out prestigious awards every year to keep things fresh!  What is this X factor USA?  

Atleast Britney got some WORLD CLASS ICONIC performances out of the show and 2007 was a true rock n roll moment,  ICONIC 

Mtv have been failing ever since 2007/8/9 then they got boring. 

Billboard treated Britney well and I think she understands it's alot more current than mtv 

Before the mtv show started I knew it would be endless Beyonce comparisons so I didn't watch it.  I still watch Britneys bbma performance. 

Mtv the reason you fail is because unlike your past you cling to whats trending and try to force your biased opinions . Instead of hour long Britney related stuff,  we have utter basics and teen mom crap.  MTV IS OVER!!  NOT BRITNEY.  

I agree, BB are really nice to artists, they treat them all with respect tbh while MTV is so shady nowadays and tbh idk why they still call it MTV, music isn't their main thing anymore 

2 minutes ago, outsiderjc said:

You guys say it as if that is good but dont stop to think about the fact it means Britney is no longer a rating magnet

Have you watched the show? If I wasn't a fan of Britney, I wouldn't have watched more than the first performance. The hosts were annoying AF, the performances weren't that great and honestly boring, nothing felt iconic or memorable, it was just cute. The hosts really REALLY killed the whole show, they were this annoying tbh, so imagine non fans of any of the performers. 

Tragic. MTV has lost respect from most of the GP because it's associated with garbage tv shows more than music now. And they didn't even promote the show this year, most people were like "oh **** VMAs were last night? I didn't know" :orangu:

I haven't lived in the states, but in my country, they did this thing where there was a month-long countdown to the VMAs and everyday they'd have a show where they played songs by the nominees for each category. It was so great and built up the hype. They should try that if they're not doing it anymore.

But from another point of view, I really believe cable is dying and most people are choosing to tune in online lately. I think 2013 was the last time I watched the show on TV. Streamed all 3 shows after that.

19 minutes ago, ukfan said:

Exactly!  The hosts were so annoying!  How could anything iconic happen when the viewers get there opinions spoon fed to them by a couple of desperate wannabes. 

This year the show seemed completely dumbed down for the audience.  And even Britney and Rihanna and Beyonce couldn't distract that.  

Whilst watching I was completely aware of how desperate they appeared.  2 annoying ****** idiots and dj kaled or whatever his name is isn't enough for a show like that.  What they needed was professional hosts that don't try and force opinions as fact.  

They appeared to be trying to win younger viewers with ridiculously unfunny,  very annoying and undeserving hosts.  

It is obvious that they trying to win back their reputation after the massively successful bbmas,  but actually they made it worst.  Bbmas had the hyped performances that mtv used to have.  

It's sad, but the only way mtv will save itself is by giving a damn about the artists involved and stop low key shading people for the sake of filling a slow news day.  

Whos going to win the lifetime award next year?  Beiber?  Perry?  Demi?  THIS IS WHY THE SHOW HAS TURNED INTO A JOKE!  

Tbh, this is the last time I'm trying to watch the VMA's, that was definitely the worst VMA's ever, hands down. Even Miley was more iconic with "Miley what's good?" 

Im so happy right now! Im glad britney came in dropped us that flawless red carpet told everyone she has a 1 st single in a quick hot performance and left those ******* ***** to drown with their ratings

im even more inlove with her vma and more inlove with how fire her bbma was because they deserve it more

apple music festival and iheart radio mini POM concert here we come bitchessss

I don't understand why the VMAs are still going. MTV hasn't been about music for the longest time. They don't seem to mind dropping all the other classic elements that made MTV "music television." So why are they still holding onto the VMAs with bloody fingernails? 

Archived