I was iffy at first, but I now LOVE the performance!

jamesedward94

Compared to all the huge performances such as Beyonce's 16 minutes long performance and Rihanna performing all throughout the show, I now believe Britney's was the best of all. She went out there and, to me, was just straight up classic Brit. She gave a simple but sophisticated performance, and I think it perfectly showcased how far she's come. Sure there could've been more, but she was confident af and looked FLAWLESS.

NOBODY brings it quite like Britney. Haterz can leave bc Britney is back and the performance was perfect.

#ITSBRITNEYBITCH

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved it too.  It's comparing people and or building up expectations that are the issue.  Britney is Britney, she's not Beyonce.  Beyonce hasn't gone through what Britney has.  Public humiliation public breakdown ect. Frankly for her to go back to the same stage that was one of her lowest moments is massively huge and takes a LOT of courage.  Slave, arguably her most iconic VMA performance was lipsynced, I don't understand why people have allowed the lipping to be such an issue.

52 minutes ago, missmonroe said:

I loved it too.  It's comparing people and or building up expectations that are the issue.  Britney is Britney, she's not Beyonce.  Beyonce hasn't gone through what Britney has.  Public humiliation public breakdown ect. Frankly for her to go back to the same stage that was one of her lowest moments is massively huge and takes a LOT of courage.  Slave, arguably her most iconic VMA performance was lipsynced, I don't understand why people have allowed the lipping to be such an issue.

I think if she had just danced just a little bit more and just had a little more intricate choreography people wouldn't have cared quite as much about the lip syncing. And if she hadn't of held the handheld mic. But I thought she really did a great job! 

17 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

I think if she had just danced just a little bit more and just had a little more intricate choreography people wouldn't have cared quite as much about the lip syncing. And if she hadn't of held the handheld mic. But I thought she really did a great job! 

I don't think it would have mattered.  For some reason it just feels like the GP loves to make Britney Spears their dumping ground.  I'll never understand it.  Make Me isn't exactly a go hard dance break song.  It's light and airy musically and vocally.  I can see "harder" dance moves with the remixes.  I can sort of understand slightly more intricate moves, but honestly it just feels like it's never enough.

22 minutes ago, missmonroe said:

I don't think it would have mattered.  For some reason it just feels like the GP loves to make Britney Spears their dumping ground.  I'll never understand it.  Make Me isn't exactly a go hard dance break song.  It's light and airy musically and vocally.  I can see "harder" dance moves with the remixes.  I can sort of understand slightly more intricate moves, but honestly it just feels like it's never enough.

It makes you wish that she had performed a song like Do You a Wanna Come Over. With the right song she could've slayed the GP. Imagine her performing Gimme More from POM or Work *****. Make Me wasn't really the type of song she should've made her grand return with. They could've at least let her perform a couple other songs. 

Archived