[UPDATED #2] POST POSITIVE MEDIA REACTIONS

Mani911

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, theraspberry said:

People are bashing Britney in the comments on FB, but they are also bashing Beyonce. It's all just angry fans trying to tear people down.

people on fb/yt/ig are always going to bash someone because it's their hobby and only activity :tbh: 

Glad she's getting so much love from the media! That literally never happens. They should be praising her though - the performance was awesome! The biggest flaw from what I've read was that MTV gave her the deathslot.

I didn't watch the show, I saw the performance this morning and was slayed! It was such an intimate performance, she looked and danced great plus her and g-eazy's chemistry was fiyah! 

I'd watch their *** tape :bootyney:

6 minutes ago, Powderkeg said:

Glad she's getting so much love from the media! That literally never happens. They should be praising her though - the performance was awesome! The biggest flaw from what I've read was that MTV gave her the deathslot.

I didn't watch the show, I saw the performance this morning and was slayed! It was such an intimate performance, she looked and danced great plus her and g-eazy's chemistry was fiyah! 

She did amazing

20 minutes ago, Powderkeg said:

well I didn't watch the show aswell and loved the performance :) 

some people on here are making me crazy with their reactions, they clearly didn't get the message she was sending.
If she wanted to do some big ***, dancing show, she would - she did that with BBMAs.

and now Exhalers are lowering their expectations for Apple Music and iHeart, because they don't understand she has different priorities with all of these performances. 

i think SPIN and vanity fair put it best...

Spin: 
Given the unenviable task of following up Beyoncé’s Super Bowl halftime showLemonade concert, Britney impressed with a throwback performance that also included her playing (pre-recorded) hook girl to her rapping boytoy on his smash “Me, Myself & I.” It won’t totally erase pre-viral memories of herinfamous 2007 performance, but it won’t elicit comparisons to it either.

Vanity Fair: Britney Spears Did Just Fine at the VMAs, Which Is Good Enough
It was sort of cruel to make her perform after Beyoncé—though Spears looked great in comparison to the rest of Sunday's muddled, dull event.

she did very well. she looked great. the performance was interesting, but was it totally memorable/iconic/epic like the rest of her performances? i'm sorry, but no. it was a good performance. that's it. she slayed what she was given in terms of production and choreography (the lip syncing was pretty bad - she missed some words especially on me myself and i, but complaining about that is like beating a dead horse at this point). i think the stage with the "shadow puppets" was actually cool (the beginning where we thought she was wearing a dress but it was people HELLO!!! that was pretty cool). also, g-eazy messed up his parts which kind of took away from it for me.

in my opinion, britney was outshined by beyonce, which is a problem for a bunch of reasons. no disrespect to beyonce, because she is incredibly talented, but i hate how everyone WORSHIPS her. why was she given such a HUGE performance? i felt bad for rihanna - while i was obviously most excited for britney and it was britney's night in my eyes, it really was supposed to be rihanna's night. she was receiving the VV award, and performing multiple times that night, but beyonce overshadowed her, and from what i've seen, most people are talking about beyonce. this was not supposed to be her night. i didn't total it up, but she probably performed for more total time or pretty close to rihanna's total time on stage. beyonce had her moment when she received the VV award. it just wasn't right. now whether that's on beyonce or on MTV, i guess we'll never know. but my guess is probably MTV, as much of an attention ***** i think beyonce is. ultimately, they gave her all that time. if she requested it, they could've denied her request and said she could have space for 1-2 songs.

that being said, beyonce's performane was just a better production. it really was. but in my opinion, it was a perfect awards show performance production - it was clearly produced for the television viewers at home. watching at the arena might not have been as impactful as it was on TV. britney's on the other hand, while i don't think it was as well produced, was cool to watch, but it probably looked better at the arena. the tv cut aways and camera angles i don't think did it justice.

overall, i think britney's performance was good and it got the job done. was it epic? no. but it showed everyone that britney is not "crazy" anymore and she's come so far since the fiasco in 2007. it shows she can still be a force to be reckoned with. had beyonce not performed, then i think people really would be talking more about britney. beyonce, rihanna, and britney were the highlights of the night, in my opinion, and not just because i stan for britney. like i said, had beyonce not been there (or maybe had she not gone right before britney), then i think more people would be talking about britney. but beyonce stole the show. beside those three, everyone else kind of sucked. i even thought kanye might steal the show (for all the wrong reasons), but i feel like even no one is talking about him. hopefully everyone is over his antics by now.

Archived