Telegraph UK's extremely shady Glory review

WeaveHeavy

Overall, tons of glowing reviews for Glory. But there are some publications that just seem to hate Britney for no reason. 

I just read this Telegraph UK interview cuz the title was, "Britneys masterpiece" but I can't at how much he managed to drag Britney, while simultaneously acknowledging that Glory is good. :sickofu:

Read this mess: 

The new Britney Spears album is bubblegum pop perfection: lurid, pink, aural goo packed with artificial flavour and no calorific substance. But if it gets stuck to the bottom of your shoe, you’ll be carrying it around for a very long time.

This is Spears's ninth album, which is a lot for someone with no discernible talent. Her limited voice is thin, adenoidal and characterised by expressionlessness; her dancing skills are rudimentary at best. 

Her career has seen her progress from virginal prom queen of powerhouse teen pop to slutty sexpot diva of brash EDM bangers, regularly interspersed with the kind of car crash moments that might have proved fatal to anyone with less singular ambition.

Yet here she is, a 34-year-old mother of two, with a successful Las Vegas lip-syncing blockbuster extravaganza (a live residency where she never actually has to sing a note) and a new album trending globally on Twitter (#GloryOutNow), topping first day charts on every streaming service, and apparently driving a substantial section of the world’s music fans into paroxysms of delight over a hashtag that conjures a Britney emoji.

Read the rest at:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/what-to-listen-to/britney-spears-glory-review/

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, WeaveHeavy said:

Overall, tons of glowing reviews for Glory. But there are some publications that just seem to hate Britney for no reason. 

I just read this Telegraph UK interview cuz the title was, "Britneys masterpiece" but I can't at how much he managed to drag Britney, while simultaneously acknowledging that Glory is good. :sickofu:

Read this mess: 

The new Britney Spears album is bubblegum pop perfection: lurid, pink, aural goo packed with artificial flavour and no calorific substance. But if it gets stuck to the bottom of your shoe, you’ll be carrying it around for a very long time.

This is Spears's ninth album, which is a lot for someone with no discernible talent. Her limited voice is thin, adenoidal and characterised by expressionlessness; her dancing skills are rudimentary at best. 

Her career has seen her progress from virginal prom queen of powerhouse teen pop to slutty sexpot diva of brash EDM bangers, regularly interspersed with the kind of car crash moments that might have proved fatal to anyone with less singular ambition.

Yet here she is, a 34-year-old mother of two, with a successful Las Vegas lip-syncing blockbuster extravaganza (a live residency where she never actually has to sing a note) and a new album trending globally on Twitter (#GloryOutNow), topping first day charts on every streaming service, and apparently driving a substantial section of the world’s music fans into paroxysms of delight over a hashtag that conjures a Britney emoji.

Read the rest at:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/what-to-listen-to/britney-spears-glory-review/

It was probably written by old and alone man that has no friends and spends his time sitting home, eating loads of junk food shading everyone. :chershade:

He seems well versed enough about her place in pop, but so bitter about it. There is literally a jab in every other line. 

My favorite is the closing comment: 

It may be nothing more than an exercise in maintaining the brand of the 21st Century’s most vacant superstar but, in its perfectly distilled empty pleasures, Glory might just be Britney’s masterpiece.

:sickofu:

2 minutes ago, LanaBrit said:

tragic

G32Ryy.jpg

i'm not surprised :jfallonlol:

Well that definitely explains a lot :madonna:

5 minutes ago, Tetris said:

Yikes. That review is literally someone saying "You suck and I hate everything about you, but great job!!"

Like, why even bother. 

EXACTLY. He sounds bipolar af :cigney:

Archived