The BJ hate is so exaggerated and unnecessary

Someone Who Knows

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Toxicité said:

I'm doing the same and I can't stand the vocals on Alien, OMFG YOU CAN HEAR GLITCHES EVERYWHERE IT'S SO FUYCKING EMBARRASING :gloria:  DUUUUUUDEEEEEEEE

terrible, and tik tik boom sounds so amateur :gloria:, like wtf with the production :gloria:

Just now, Mauricio22 said:

terrible, and tik tik boom sounds so amateur :gloria:, like wtf with the production :gloria:

NOW THAT I FOUND YOU'S ******* BANJO DROP WHAT THE **** IS THAT **** IT RUINS IT, THE VERSES ARE SO BEAUTIFUL :gloria: BUT THEN YOU HAVE THIS LIKE DOSEYDO ******* DROP LIKE WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF  :gloria:

1 minute ago, Toxicité said:

NOW THAT I FOUND YOU'S ******* BANJO DROP WHAT THE **** IS THAT **** IT RUINS IT, THE VERSES ARE SO BEAUTIFUL :gloria: BUT THEN YOU HAVE THIS LIKE DOSEYDO ******* DROP LIKE WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF  :gloria:

even "dont cry"  one of the "best" songs in BJ has a glitch :gloria:

my issue with britney jean is that it was rushed, especially the production. it just seemed so slapdash. i agree that majority of the tracks feel like demos. they are incomplete. i don't think it deserves all the hate it gets but let's be real its not great. 

i try to look at it objectively. britney was working hard on the residency, rehearsing her *** off on top of maintaining a personal life. throw an album into the mix that is being marketed as her most "personal" something was bound to fall short. 

i think the blame here isn't with britney. its with will.i.am and her team. britney jean should have been an ep where they concentrated on a few songs that would round out the residency. hell, i would have been happy if they threw in a few remixes she would be performing onto the record. 

as a long time fan, when britney jean landed i knew she could do better. she had done better. if anything, glory makes up for that britney jean. lets just let it lay. 

On 27/08/2016 at 4:51 PM, Arckangel said:

I believe Britney sings the second verse of Body Ache; her voice just sounds different, like it does on Glory's Invitation.

The thing is, Invitation still sounds like classic Britney. None of the backing vocalists on Glory try to imitate Britney's singing and aren't stuck in lead like the songs on Becky JoJo 

Guest Arckangel
On 2016-08-27 at 3:05 PM, TheAllu said:

I don't understand what is this supposed to prove...

Nothing on that video can be seen as proof of Myah singing on it instead of Britney :beynah: 

That video has lead vocals from the album that, in my opinion, sounds like Britney (WB, ISBE, TIG, Passenger acoustic, Now That I Found You) and filtered/leaked background vocals that sound like Myah... But just because she sung the backing vocals, doesn't mean that Britney didn't sing on Britney Jean :dontlike:

This! I refuse to fall for that Myah Marie conspiracy. She was hired to do back-ups, and that's what she did. She has a knack for sounding just like Britney, and some of her vocals may have been mixed w/ Britney's, but that's fine. I listened to 'Britney Jean' last evening, and in spite of all the arguments outlined here, I love it just as much and find no major issue w/ it.

12 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

This! I refuse to fall for that Myah Marie conspiracy. She was hired to do back-ups, and that's what she did. She has a knack for sounding just like Britney, and some of her vocals may have been mixed w/ Britney's, but that's fine. I listened to Britney Jean last evening, and in spite of all the arguments outlined here, I love it just as much and find no major issue w/ it.

A lot of people here feel bullied into saying they believe the Myah Marie **** because the people who do believe it seem more likely than others to be aggressive and mean and falsely equate negativity with keeping it real. In fact, if we are keeping it real, Myah is only OBVIOUSLY singing on the second verse of Body Ache, and the worst you can otherwise for her presence is that she's too high in the mix in some songs in some parts. So ******* what? I think the background vocalists are too high in the mix on some songs on Blackout. Some people need to get off the bandwagon and over the whining. Plus, like, they act like it was some conspiracy or secret. MYAH IS CREDITED ALL THROUGHOUT THE ALBUM BOOKLET AS A BACKGROUND VOCALIST. It's just that she's so OFTEN the background vocalist, as opposed to an album like Britney where there were like 20 different background vocalists.

And...again, the vast majority of the songs on BJ are at least *good.* If everyone's 5 or 6 favorite songs had been released as an EP and the rest ended up leaking, they'd be head over heels praising it... I listened to BJ non-stop in 2014...lots of memories associated with those songs!!!

Archived