My Favessss & Glory Thoughts

MaPlayz

Just finished listening to the album for the second time in full.

First things first. The production is insane. If you just play it on your Mac without headphones, I feel like you can't appreciate how insane the production and her vocals are. I listened to the whole thing on volume 100 in my car and the difference is night and day. The beats, the instruments - it's fresh, current, innovative and a completely new sound for Britney. :makeitrain:

I love that this album and its songs are complete growers. The songs are so different, the first time you hear some of them you're like - wait what?! They don't follow an obvious hit pattern à la Max Martin. Many of her songs are earworms, and after a couple months they can have that feeling of being redundant. With Glory on the other hand, with each listen you'll hear different things, you'll start to get into the songs, you can start hearing and appreciating aspects of the song that go over your head upon first listen.

Third, what's up with those bonus songs. They're ******* BOMB. No Seas cortes & Liar are AMAAAAZING. :gaspney:

In terms of singles I kinda disagree with many of the opinions. :bigkiss:  I don't feel like Do you wanna come over? should be the second single, I kinda don't even feel like it's one of the strongest songs on the album. 

My Top 7 are:

Man On The Moon, Slumber Party, Just Luv Me, Love Me Down, Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes), If I'm Dancing and Liar.  I'm not quite ready to choose which one I think is best as second single but if I had to at this point I'd choose Liar.

Last part of my rant lol - GLORY IS AMAZING. If Blackout is dark, vibey, the album you put on before you go out and have a crazy Saturday night, Glory is the album you put on the day after, i.e. Sunday afternoon, when you're driving around in your car and realize how awesome life can be. It brings the lightness to Blackout's darkness.

LOVE LOVE LOVE GLORY 10/10 :):):)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived