Britney's Artists And Repertoire Rep Karen Kwak Deserves A Medal

Jordan Miller

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see... so what happened between 2010 and 2016?

I remember Femme Fatale as it was, wasn't the original direction of the 7th album. If the leaks are to be believed, Britney already wanted something more urban even before FF and the disaster called Britney Jean.

will.i.am hijacked Britney Jean. Yes, he did. He practically spoke about the album more than Britney during that era. I think Britney was led to believe that the songs she wrote or co-wrote would appear on the album, only to realize that the final product was will.i.am's vision, not hers. She was given the generic "this is a personal album" to promote it, but I don't think she actually believed it. Vegas wasn't the excuse for her not promoting. The project was clearly taken away from her, just because they scored a massive hit with Scream and Shout. will.i.am should never be allowed to come close to Britney again. I hope they have a restraining order against him.

Pretty Girls was a poor attempt at a summer hit that seriously backfired. It damaged Britney, but at least it got rid of Iggy Azalea. I think they were testing the waters with this one. Iggy Azalea was wrong on so many levels - no amount of promo would have saved the single. 

Now we have Glory. We finally have an A&R person who actually understood the artist and what she wanted, with full appreciation of her discography. Thank you, Karen. 

3 hours ago, laurelhenessy said:

Let's see... so what happened between 2010 and 2016?

I remember Femme Fatale as it was, wasn't the original direction of the 7th album. If the leaks are to be believed, Britney already wanted something more urban even before FF and the disaster called Britney Jean.

will.i.am hijacked Britney Jean. Yes, he did. He practically spoke about the album more than Britney during that era. I think Britney was led to believe that the songs she wrote or co-wrote would appear on the album, only to realize that the final product was will.i.am's vision, not hers. She was given the generic "this is a personal album" to promote it, but I don't think she actually believed it. Vegas wasn't the excuse for her not promoting. The project was clearly taken away from her, just because they scored a massive hit with Scream and Shout. will.i.am should never be allowed to come close to Britney again. I hope they have a restraining order against him.

Pretty Girls was a poor attempt at a summer hit that seriously backfired. It damaged Britney, but at least it got rid of Iggy Azalea. I think they were testing the waters with this one. Iggy Azalea was wrong on so many levels - no amount of promo would have saved the single. 

Now we have Glory. We finally have an A&R person who actually understood the artist and what she wanted, with full appreciation of her discography. Thank you, Karen. 

Exactly, I knew he was going to take advantage of Britney being busy with vegas to take over. I'm sure Britney put her full trust and faith to him to realize her vision but he already had an agenda. I mean the fact that Fergie and BEP have to follow his style just obviously shows that and so many producers were angry about the favoritism he played. In the interviews they both described the album differently and seem to not be on the same page. Thats ok, thats why Britney is still here and hes...no where to be found. Did Britney call up the gay mafia? :orly:

Karen Kwak is the new Theresa White but so much better! 

Archived