iTunes USA: #9 GLORY. BUY - GIFT - STREAM

HotAsIce.ve

13 minutes ago, HotAsIce.ve said:

I still LOVE LOVE the album it's brilliant. But that why is my frustration, I don't care the last time about the sales of BJ because that album was: TRAGIC. 

But Glory it's a MASTERPIECE, and deserve more, but well this lack of sales are the result of a lot of wrong decisions of her Stupid Team lead for the ******* head of Larry. 

1. Don't promote Make Me since the day 1. (Look the song is in the top 5 but after the promotion but 1 month later) 

2. The Scrapped music video 

3. The release date of Glory, without previous promotion well this is the result. They can't release a album and Just made promotion in the Weekend of the release she is NOT in her prime

4. The minimalistic performance of the VMAs after 9 years without performing on that stage, the ideas was good but without Live vocals, not good idea. 

And don't act like she and her team don't care about the #1 on BB200, because she and her team was thrilled with the campaign of Britney Galaxy to try to make the Album #1, and I'm sure they choose this release date because the VMAs hoping a #1 Debut

Why are you blaming her team for no promo tho? (I agree with you for the scrapped mv, that's really stupid).

Larry was Miley's manager during a successful era (that had an "iconic" moment at the VMA btw), he's 5H's manager aswell and they're doing just fine.

We all know Britney loves to take care of her kids and to stay with her family (especially since the kids are on holiday), that may explain the fact she's not doing heavy promo, she's not a recent act that must be everywhere in order to promote their album (Primeney). I don't think her team advised her to go to 6Flags just after MM's release :beynah: They're not that stupid :beynah:  Nor do I think they advised her to go to Hawai instead of promoting her album :beynah:This is just my assumptions. (for the live vocals idgi, she never sang live before yet she managed to be on the top of the world, she actually needs ICONIC performances)

Also we should be thankful she's doing more promo this era :tiffanynod:

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think her visuals doesn't help at all. She needs someone to save her as a brand, like Kween Karen who saved the album. She needs to work with the right people. Everything they're doing is just presenting her as an old-fashioned Vegas act and it's clearly not working. The album is fresh and new but her image is old-fashioned and too typical showgirl looks. It just doesn't match and I think that's why all the promo (i'm talking videos/performances) are not helping the album to get more recognition. 

2 hours ago, Summer-Son said:

I told y'all that last night's "decent" performance is doing more harm than good. Or simply didn't have any effect because it was lackluster.

Which is a shame because it's a really good album and it deserves the number one spot, but that performance just isn't cutting it.

2 hours ago, BratzBitch said:

I think her visuals doesn't help at all. She needs someone to save her as a brand, like Kween Karen who saved the album. She needs to work with the right people. Everything they're doing is just presenting her as an old-fashioned Vegas act and it's clearly not working. The album is fresh and new but her image is old-fashioned and too typical showgirl looks. It just doesn't match and I think that's why all the promo (i'm talking videos/performances) are not helping the album to get more recognition. 

Absolutely. She needs a whole new team to rebrand her image and get her to do new things!

We all want her to be #1 and I'm sure she would be thrilled to see her album being #1 but I think her album is doing fine tbh.

BJ was not a good era (promo-wise, performance-wise or music-wise), people bought her album because 1) She's Britney, 2) Femme Fatale was a good era, 3) She did a world tour for Femme Fatale, she was somewhat present in people's minds... But once the era started, it was very rushed, she didn't seem engaged with the era at all and she went straight to Vegas. To us, she's always been there, you kno what I'm saying? But the general public are not checking her every move or watching videos of her Vegas performances every time she has a show there. She's been absent from the "scene" for a while and I think that reflects the current position of Glory. Yes, she has been VERY active this era in regards to promo, and she killed it on that stage! But people are not gonna be convinced with only one performance... And again, I think that's okay. I don't think her main goal for this album is to reach #1 and be THE Britney Spears, you know? I think she genuinely enjoys recording music and she loves dancing and the feeling she gets being on stage and the energy... I think she's perfectly okay on still being present but not necessarily be the #1 pop girl. I think she's at a place in her life where she can be a full time mom and still "on the side" do what she loves. 

Maybe if she continues what she's been doing this era, B10 will establish her as a more prominent artist. I still think that she should do a live performance (if she wants to regain the general public's support) and surprise everyone.... But other than that, I think she's at a happy place in her life. The interview she did today with Zach was very refreshing. She knows her "place" in the industry and she looks up to the younger generation, but I don't think she's trying to get their spots... Hopefully you understand what I'm saying.

• Super Mods
On August 29, 2016 at 1:50 PM, SlayOut said:

Alright sis, keep serving whatever tea you want. Make Me is still #2 on U.S. iTunes and has had green updates since the VMAs last night. For a song released 6 weeks ago I consider that pretty good.

I believe Glory is a masterpiece, but don't think it's chart position defines that. I'll let the music speak for itself and still consider Glory a masterpiece no matter what it's chart debut is. :tiffanynod: If people truly believe that Glory sales will tank due to a supposedly "underwhelming" VMA performance, they can keep believing that. I'll still appreciate what 2016 Britney Spears is doing to promote the album and herself now and in the months to come (considering she's now 20 years into her career).

Now sip that :tiffhair:

Still true :saycheese:

Archived