"Glory" is Britney's most mature album.

Dinirocal

Regarded already as her best effort since "Blackout". "Glory" lands straight as one of Britney's best works, quite an achievement as not many pop mainstream acts reach a musical high with a 9th studio album. Good signs from Britney were seen this year as the iconic pop princess got her shape back, seemed more committed than recent years and performed live on TV for the first time in long time but the album's content hit by surprise nearly everyone, while most were waiting for an improvement over the uninspired "Britney Jean" and the career low moment "Pretty Girls" no one was expecting such strong Pop set. At this rate it doesn't matter if the album hits #1 or not, there are certain moments when its all about a good record which a chart position can't outshadow, "Blackout" never hit #1 and Madonna didn't score any #1 album for the entire 90s decade (not even with her big career moment "Ray of light") yet we couldn't care less today about #1 "MDNA" record. "Glory" marks a return to form for Britney who crafted an album that has reborn her Pop-Quality reputation that she had lost for several years, all materialized in a record that we'll remember and appreciate for the next years to come. 

While heavily (favorably) compared to "In the zone" and "Blackout" the album keeps it a bit more simple in a good grown up way, its certain that there isn't any massive instant pop hit record on this, at the end of the day there isn't an instant "Gimme More" or a perfect chart taylor made "Toxic" but this a sign Spears is growing up as she instead follows a more chilling, moody, mellow and serious direction with a still mainstream viable pop but more refined record that compiles an eclectic selection of songs that vary from sultry slow jams to rhythmic compositions, to a few burlesque moments and even some venturing into the hispanic culture for the first time in her career.  Some standout tracks as the angelic "Invitation", the melancholic "Man on the moon", the urban-reggae inspired "Slumber Party" or the guitar driven "Just like me" display an evident growth, with additionally some further exploring and experimentation with fan favorite "Change your mind (No seas cortes)" and closing french alternative track "Coupure electrique". 

"Glory" is Britney's most mature effort yet, but its a non-pretentious record, she's not pretending to do art or albums of the decade, she's just for once releasing an album that she believes in since 2007 or perhaps even 2003. Britney Spears is back and caring about her music again. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Alejo. said:

I think ITZ still hold that title, she co wrote/produced everytime, the piano, her interest in new kind of music, she was really involved and it's her masterpiece.

Glory is amazing but for me ITZ is still her best and more mature :tifftear: 

"In the zone" and "Blackout" are still her best albums. "Glory" lands as her 3rd best but IMO its slightly more mature than "In the zone", which makes sense, as she's 34 now. The thing is that she was just too safe and pop between 2008-2013 and now she's finally showing some substance again. 

5 minutes ago, Dinirocal said:

"In the zone" and "Blackout" are still her best albums. "Glory" lands as her 3rd best but IMO its slightly more mature than "In the zone", which makes sense, as she's 34 now. The thing she was just too safe and pop between 2008-2013 and now she's finally showing some substance again. 

well i love glory for what it is but i don't believe there is a song as mature as everytime or shadow on it, thus i don't see the album as being more mature overall than in the zone. i don't hear that one hugely personal song. just like me sounds pretty personal lyrically but the way it is produced kind of takes away from that fact. that could have been an amazing ballad.

2 hours ago, -ididitagain- said:

well i love glory for what it is but i don't believe there is a song as mature as everytime or shadow on it, thus i don't see the album as being more mature overall than in the zone. i don't hear that one hugely personal song. just like me sounds pretty personal lyrically but the way it is produced kind of takes away from that fact. that could have been an amazing ballad.

Maybe not lyrically but musically / sound-wise it is more mature than "In the zone".  "Just like me" alone is more mature than entire ITZ. 

Archived