First Week Predictions for Glory Are In.

ShaneBritneyFan

I have to say that 2011-2013 damaged the 'comeback story.' She did put out Femme Fatale (which is my second most favorite Britney album after Blackout) but her performances and 'promo appearances' alienated a lot of people. And I am not just talking about fans. People who watched GMA and Jimmy Kimmel in 2011 were not impressed. And her appearance in the 2011 BBMAs with Rihanna and Nicki Minaj only furthered the narrative that's she's so out of it.  

Contrast that with 2008-2010 during the Circus + 3 era, people were genuinely checking on Britney every now and then. She even debuted at #1 with 3. Even during the beginning of the Femme Fatale era, Hold It Against Me effortlessly debuted at #1 even without promotional appearances / performance.

Britney Jean is just the climax of how bad 2011-2013 was. People are no longer buying a Britney album because of her name alone. The GP just tuned out.

So, if Glory doesn't debut at #1, it will only further that narrative, although this can be framed as a resurrection era for her. I hope that she doesn't stop promoting even if the album fails to debut at #1. She has iHeart near the end of September to push promo, but I hope she also does some appearances or go to the morning shows again. She needs a strong push, if she's thinking of leaving or extending her residency. At some point, people will stop buying tickets, so she wants to be a relevant artist assuming she leaves Vegas, or still a bankable artist if she decides to stay for 2 more years after the 2017 extension.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope that we are underestimating the power of her carpool karaoke stint. When JLO appeared on the show it literally resurrected her music for that week on iTunes. Her "Dance Again" greatest hits album charged highly after not even charting and all of her songs she did in CK climbed drastically. And that's JLO we are talking about. This could do WONDERS for Britney and Glory.

4 minutes ago, QuitmanDJ said:

I really hope that we are underestimating the power of her carpool karaoke stint. When JLO appeared on the show it literally resurrected her music for that week on iTunes. Her "Dance Again" greatest hits album charged highly after not even charting and all of her songs she did in CK climbed drastically. And that's JLO we are talking about. This could do WONDERS for Britney and Glory.

Ok but we don't need to resurrect GH:MP or the singles collection. We need to boost GLORY. She needs to do more interviews or appearances this and next week and let people know about the damn album. :lollipop:

12 minutes ago, Thecodeman25 said:

Ok but we don't need to resurrect GH:MP or the singles collection. We need to boost GLORY. She needs to do more interviews or appearances this and next week and let people know about the damn album. :lollipop:

I know, which is my point. JLO didn't have any new music out, so it just resurrected her hits and songs she sang + her greatest hits album. Britney has a new album the very next day so it's clear she's doing this for album promotion. Therefore Britney actually has music to hype up rather than resurrect old music. Make Me will be sang in CK, which is from Glory so when people go to search MM, Glory will come up. It just allows a better chance for possible buyers of Glory. Revival and Kill EM With Kindness also climbed a ton when Selena did CK.

Archived