Your GLORY Bottom 5

M3DON3R

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with releasing songs prior to the records release is that being starved of Brit for a while we play the **** out of them. PS and Clumsy aren't bad but without other tracks I played them so much I'm sick of them - and I'm still not sick of MM so I guess that speaks to the quality of MM.

All of her breathy vocal tracks are pretty awesome and can't stop listening to them - they're groundbreaking for Brit - and because they're progressive and fresh, in my opinion they can't be touched (Invitation, MM, MOTM, JLuvM, JLikeM, CYM, IID, CE).

There are some tracks that just sound like b-sides to me, or femme fatale rejects, or way too repetitive (slumber party, DYWCO, Love me down)- and I don't think they're necessarily bad... just not winning tracks to gush over. Having played Glory to my family and friends these tracks also got the worst response. Not surprised some fans love them though - these tracks represent territory Brit has already covered and I get fans like that.

I think the burleque tracks that showcase her vocals like PS and What you need are well executed - and GREAT to hear her singing - but not really the type of music I want to listen to.

With all of that in mind my bottom 5 in no particular order are:

Do You Wanna Come Over

Love Me Down

Slumber Party

What you need

Private Show

6 minutes ago, mihailtodorovsky said:

Are you ok? :beynah:

Ha

Don't hate them but I really needed the fresh stuff from Brit and much of the album is certified ;)
Slumber party plods along and sounds like 2003. LMD is better but could fit on other Brit albums too. I'm loving the tracks that could only fit on Glory <3

1. What You Need (worst) - it's still a good song but I've never been a fan of big-band type of music

2. Private Show - it's fun but the rest are better

3. Change Your Mind - I like it a lot and I'm glad she did something really different but it's kinda boring to me

4. Liar - I love this song but it does sound like a bonus track to me

5. Make Me - Good song but it's not a monster song like her other 1st singles

Archived