My Criticisms of Glory

rockNroLL227

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
16 minutes ago, rockNroLL227 said:

i'm not necessarily even talking about the pronunciation - from what i understood, like the words and conjugation and such weren't right. but regardless - pronunciation or structure/conjugation - i don't understand french, so i'm relying on other people for this!

The conjugation was right, it's only the pronunciation. But it's so hard for Americans, the U sound doesn't exist in english, so she basically never pronounced that sound before :orangu: All her U were wrong :orangu:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, DoYouWannaComeOver? said:

I love the album SO SO SO MUCH but I think it's a little bit basic. No iconic anthem or smash song ( except for CYM and DYWCO )

The album remind me of Hilary Duff's latest album (I love that album too btw)  :mhm: 

Agree! It's so soft like BIBO by Hilary. Great comparation. They are SOOO similar

53 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

The conjugation was right, it's only the pronunciation. But it's so hard for Americans, the U sound doesn't exist in english, so she basically never pronounced that sound before :orangu: All her U were wrong :orangu:

interesting! thanks for the insight. would you care to possibly translate the entire song? i've seen lines here and there, so i get the general idea, but it would be cool to know what every line means

2 hours ago, rockNroLL227 said:

one of my favorites. i think that's probably the closest to be an iconic anthem. but i don't know if it's definite. for me there's just no obvious choice that right away you're like WOW THIS IS IT. i distinctly remember that feeling for toxic and TTWE.

I would agree with that too. It's lacking a 'big' song that you can sing and dance to. DYWCO is probably the nearest to a Toxic or TTWE-type song. I played the album at home and my parents think it's more background music. 

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
16 hours ago, rockNroLL227 said:

interesting! thanks for the insight. would you care to possibly translate the entire song? i've seen lines here and there, so i get the general idea, but it would be cool to know what every line means

19 hours ago, Prune Juice said:

I think if u seek Amy is ok, because I always thought it was for spelling the spelling of F-U-C-K, but I agree with everything else, especially just luv me. 

I think If U Seek Amy was intentional. I don't really mind it too much. I think Just Luv Me looks ridiculous in 2016 though. Might have looked good in 2001 when text speak was everywhere but it's not as common nowadays except maybe on Twitter where you have a character limit. I do hate it when they misspell words in song titles though, eg Katy Perry's California Gurls. It doesn't look right to me. I tend to change it on my iTunes to show the 'proper' spelling but I'm kinda fussy about spelling.

Archived