Glory: Track by Track Reaction by Me

BoyToySoldier

So now that I've had a proper listen 5 times all the way through, here are my opinions of the material. :)

01 Invitation

This is a perfect opener. It really sets the tone for what you're about to hear. It could have been better, it gets a little messy around the chorus mark. (3.5/5)

02 Make Me

We've all heard this, fantastic song, fantastic lead single. Sensual, **** and seductive. (5/5)

03 Private Show

This is a very experimental song for her. It's sassy and fun but at the same time sonically different to most music she's done before. It gets a bit too repetitive though. (4/5)

04 Man On the Moon

I'm in LOVE with this. It's what Britney Jean should have consisted of. Dreamy pop with a splash of tribal flare. The lyrics and production are beautiful. (5/5)

05 Just Luv Me

This is a really strong contender for second single. It's a tropical flavored cut, hot on the radio, perfect song to end the summer. I love that it isn't uptempo, it works for the calming atmosphere of the vocals. (5/5)

06 Clumsy

I thought this was really weak as a stand alone track. Now that I've heard it as part of the album, I'm able to appreciate it more. That being said, it's fun but not a stand out here. The production could be better. (3.5/5)

07 Do You Wanna Come Over?

By far my favorite song from the instant grats. It's wacky, fun, sassy, everything you would expect from Nu-Britney. It has a bit of the slinky disco sound showcased on Circus tracks like "Lace and Leather". I would love this to be a single at some point. (5/5)

08 Slumber Party

I'm very pleasantly surprised by this. I expected a louder, brasher song like "Pretty Girls". Instead we get an amazing R&B track that's reminiscent of "Make Me" but far more in your face. I love how the production builds up. (5/5)

09 Just Like Me

I wasn't expecting an acoustic track here. Nick Monson is known more for his electronic productions like he did on Lady Gaga's ARTPOP. This is completely going into another direction, and I could not be happier with the result. Tracks like this could usually be filler, but not here. (4/5)

10 Love Me Down

Towards the end of the album, we're treated to some of Britney's usual dance music. Yet another strong track, it's reminiscent of Major Lazer. If Britney ever voices a character on a Lion King movie for her kids, this song could be on the soundtrack. (4.5/5)

11 Hard to Forget Ya

This is a bit of a filler, but it's still very well done. Kind of like how "Perfect Lover" was on Blackout. It's a fun track, and that's really all that you can say about it. (4/5)

12 What You Need

Um... LOL. This is by far the weakest song on the entire radio. It's not bad, it's what Meghan Trainor tries to do, but better. It's a cute way to end the standard edition of the album with the ad-lib at the end. (3/5)

13 Better

I love all the tribal pop influence on this album. This soung could have easily made the standard edition, then again Britney albums are known for their exceptional bonus tracks. (4/5)

14 Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortés)

I was expecting this Flamenco guitar sound as soon as I read the title. I just hoped it wouldn't be terrible like "Spanish Lesson" by Madonna. This is a really great song. I love that Britney tried to go with more of a latin pop influence for the first time. If that really is her speaking Spanish in the bridge, SLAY. (4/5)

15 Liar

This sounds like a Drake song to me. I can't remember the name but the chorus melody is similar. Perhaps a feature would have been nice. Some more of the tribal dance we heard earlier. It plays like a strong epic, and that's a great thing. I love that this has a proper outro. (4/5)

16 If I'm Dancing

This track also gives me some Major Lazer teas. It's cute, but a bit repetitive. I love that her vocals are soothing while the production is jumping around in the background. (4/5)

17 Coupure Électrique

I was really blown away by this. I still can't believe she sang a whole song in French. She's coming for Celine's weave. :queenflopga: I can't understand anything, but she sounds heavenly. (4.5/5)

OVERALL ICONIC ALBUM. :arianabye:

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived