AHH French Blackout sounds SO good but the French is not right and it kills it

grevan

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, grevan said:

Im not trying to drag her or make fun of her. I think the song sounds amazing, it just wouldnt take a lot to ask a French speaking person if 'monde' is pronounced 'mond' or 'mond-ay'

Still gonna bop to the song dont get me wrong

I saw you say you weren't attacking her but I also saw a lot of people making fun of her and putting her down

It's short sided to think there's only one type of French pronunciation. Even within Canada there are various accents. Quebec French and New Brunswick French have nearly nothing in common. Then there's Louisiana's off spring of French, Parisian French...How many different English accents are out there? Knowing one type of French accent doesn't make you an expert and no, her particular pronunciation doesn't kill the song, your rush to opinion does.

Clearly she was directed to go soft on the R's which was a smart idea as a French R can sound terrible if it comes out wrong, and instead they decided to make them soft which is the only stylization in her delivery. 

Guest Brichney.

There's definitely an accent but it's French, get it together. This is no French literature class. She's making efforts and it's appreciable. 

:xcuseme:

24 minutes ago, Nightmare3p said:

In Britney's defense she has a way of pronouncing words in a strange way when she sings. Part of why I love her "hayzayyyyy"... etc.. :)

I laughed when I read this and I swear in 5 pages of thread this is the most succinct explanation. Home girl always puts her own flare on words, English or not cause she's ****** BRITNEY SPEARS. 

I am at peace now. 

Personally, I think it's decent.

Though it's sometimes a little bit difficult to understand what she's saying, but you can see and hear that she's trying.

:drown:

:drown: é é i got it, poulet, ton la lune, poulet m'énerve.

16 minutes ago, Brichney. said:

There's definitely an accent but it's French, get it together. This is no French literature class. She's making efforts and it's appreciable. 

:xcuseme:

Tbh, i think she actually sounds decent, (though sometimes it's kind of difficult to understand).

Archived