I only listened to it once and THIS IS MY FAVOURITE ALBUM FROM HER (My review)

Kiey

While I love Britney's faster up tempo songs, I have always been a sucker for sadder melodies and music that creates a lush mood that take you places. With that, this is my favourite album from Britney ever. Not for short-term, not for long-term, not ITZ, not Blackout, it is Glory. I believe this her most romantic sounding album and also her best vocal performance up to date throughout entire career. They REALLY know how to use her voice in the best possible songs, and boy her voice SHINES. This album is also the first time I seriously think she can win for Album of the Year. Every songs flow into each other and create a masterpiece and a story. So here is my review of each song as I listen to them once in chronological order:

Invitation - 9/10 -

It starts off VERY strong. It is everything I wanted from Britney because I fell in love with the song Two Weeks by FKA Twigs, and this is like Britney dabbling into that vibe. However, we can tell that this song is meant as an intro as it doesn't have a build up and kind of drag a bit towards the end.

Make Me - 7/10 -

I have a love/hate relationship with this song. The song IS good, but personally the melody is not my cup of tea. Furthermore, the surrounding bad performance and video have tainted my enjoyment of the song.

Private Show- 8.5 /10 -

Her most risky record on this album in my opinion. It is fresh, innovative and totally artsy-fartsy. The first time where she really uses her voice and takes it places where it can sound jarring. However, it is also very fun and very lovely try to imitate that unique sound of hers. The doo-wops are flawless.

Man On The Moon 9.5/10 -

This song actually makes me smile and think of my boyfriend. It is beautiful and graceful. This song gives an essence to who Britney is as a person now, a dreamy hopeless romantic woman. The song is pure grace.

Just Luv Me 9.5/10 -

This song continues on Man On The Moon and it gives me shivers. This undoubtedly needs to be a single.

Clumsy 6/10 -

I have never been a fan of this song. It is the first song that screams filler. But it is a refreshing change of taste from the romantic masterpieces we heard so far.

Do You Wanna Come Over  - 10/10

Do I need to review this perfection? However, I doubt this will be a single, hopefully I'm wrong because I don't mind!

Slumber Party - 10/10

While listening to this song I actually screamed HIT HIT THIS IS A ******* HIT! So it shall be a hit! One of the most catchy tunes on the album for me

Just Like Me - 9/10

So by this time, I thought ok now times for the fillers. Even though Just Like Me was filler-ish, it was still breathe-taking! By this song I already have respect for how cohesive this album is!

Love Me Down - 7.5/10

This song is definitely great but it continues that filler-ish vibe. But I personally think this song was not a highlight.

Hard To Forget Ya - 8/10

Another great fun track, but by this time I was reminiscing the previous tracks so I didn't pay much attention to this! It seems too many great tracks! I will need to listen to this more.

What You Need - 9/10

WHAT THE **** IS DUFFY DOING HERE! WOW JUST WOW!

By this time I stopped! I did not want to go further because I truly wanna reserve myself for the streams!

But with 12 songs this album takes the cake as my number 1 album!

Thank you Britney for bringing us a masterpiece!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived