Original MM video looked like a sloppy student film set in an unfurnished rental house

BobbyMorrow

7 hours ago, BobbyMorrow said:

Nope. If You Seek Amy actually did accomplish that vibe. It looked seedy without looking like the director completely phoned it in. The original is no Spring Breakers, be real. 

Hell, no. That wasn't a "seedy underside" that IUSA portrayed -- that was just a bunch of wealthy people being swingers in their down time. :frenchy:

I'm talking about the true seedy underside -- *********, crime, and everything that goes with it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, BobbyMorrow said:

Okay, NO. Having gone to film school, I can say that the words "We'll fix it in post" will be written on your gravestone. Your footage should look awesome even before you correct it. Anyone who has to completely rely on post to make something look somewhat decent is not a professional. I am not at all saying that I am a professional in regards to filmmaking, but it only takes a Film 101 student to know that the original looked like trash. 

I actually think the original looks amazing.

But the "We'll fix it in post" comment is bang on. It should look decent coming straight out of the camera. :mhm:

The fact that the house looks bare tells me that it's part of the storyline --- we're just missing an opening intro scene to establish what the story is. The song itself is 3:51, but if you look at the timecode running on the G Eazy snippets he's rapping his verse well into the 4:20 mark, with a minute left in the song. I actually think we're missing a 90-second intro to the video (which included the bulldozer scene) that we haven't even seen yet.

5 hours ago, itsjosiebitch said:

Well I agree that the house was horrible, it was so boring and plain looking 

It's almost like Britney and her squad of ********* (and their jungle cat) took over an empty house. There are tons of those kinds of houses out in the suburbs - they get built and then the developer isn't able to unload them.

As for the jungle cat...If anyone has been to Vegas they would have seen the jungle cats at one of the hotels. (Which one is it - MGM Grand?) The entire aesthetic is very Vegas to me. 

Archived