What Britney Is In Desperate Need Is Of An Iconic ... Look/Prop In A Video

Nando.

and before any of you say it, no it wouldnt be the original make me

what i mean is, she needs something in a video that pops, an iconic outfit or ensemble, prop, a collective idea

shes been in lack of this for a long time in her career

examples of this are, katy with the red parachute in rise. not meaning the video is iconic, but the look indeed is. she didnt need a whole bunch of scenes or looks or coreography, she nailed it with a single look, beautiful and the concept is understood in a second.

36E3994B00000578-3724770-Finally_Katy_Pe

rihanna did it now in this is what you came for. its one outfit and a cool concept, the projection box

diva-rihanna2.jpg

miley

Screenshot_-_Wrecking_Ball.png

theres not much of this lately, but when its done is instantly memorable

im not saying this is what makes a video good, what i mean is britney needs THIS sort of attention

and its not shocking or ******, its not being naked in a cage

its being powerful and sending that message with ease, rocking an outfit that doenst stand out on itself but that makes YOU stand out

neither katy's or rihanna's on those examples i just gave are beautiful outfits but they make sense

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I agree with you on Britney re-introducing those things, I don't agree with the examples you've given tbh.

Miley maybe. But none of those suggestions are iconic to me. I don't remember any of these images of either artists
with the exception of Miley. I didn't even know what video/song it was from until you told me.
They may be striking when watching the video, but that doesn't necessarily mean its an instant global iconic image of current pop culture.
The Rihanna one I would at least chosen something from the Loud era, and Katy...... well tbh I don't actually quite know what the **** you
could have put for Katy, because she doesn't really have anything iconic about her if I'm not deluded about it.

Though yeah I agree with you. If she picked a topic, theme, subject and look that represents all of those things and make it theatrical for her
audience... it'll be the Britney everyone remembers, loves and will lose their **** for. She still slays my life though.    

Just now, avaaa said:

Do you REALLY know what ICONIC is? :xcuseme:

Let me educate you.

2000%20oops.jpg

mtv-snake-2001-26122d85-5022-494c-bfbf-f

maxresdefault.jpg

Those shitty videos anywhere near those and believe me there are lot more :thetea:

SIS

cant you READ?

i know she was iconic af

she needs this type of attention again

and those "shitty" videos you say are surpassing the hundred millions of views

Rihanna has 400 millions of views with this is what you came for

go cry those 6 millions of make me in another thread :ririshade2:

3 minutes ago, Nando. said:

SIS

cant you READ?

i know she was iconic af

she needs this type of attention again

and those "shitty" videos you say are surpassing the hundred millions of views

Rihanna has 400 millions of views with this is what you came for

go cry those 6 millions of make me in another thread :ririshade2:

Honey views doesn't make them iconic :notatall:

Edit: Or any better :truthtea:

9 minutes ago, avaaa said:

Do you REALLY know what ICONIC is? :xcuseme:

Let me educate you.

2000%20oops.jpg

mtv-snake-2001-26122d85-5022-494c-bfbf-f

maxresdefault.jpg

Those shitty videos anywhere near those and believe me there are lot more :thetea:

NOTHING WAS MORE ICONIC THAN THIS DURING THIS TIME OF BRITNEY'S CAREER WITHIN THE INDUSTY

LETS BE HONEST DOLLS 

5 minutes ago, Faded said:

We already have it

britney-spears-photoset-femme-fatale.jpg

ICONIC 

5 minutes ago, Kiiddy said:

While I agree with you on Britney re-introducing those things, I don't agree with the examples you've given tbh.

Miley maybe. But none of those suggestions are iconic to me. I don't remember any of these images of either artists
with the exception of Miley. I didn't even know what video/song it was from until you told me.
They may be striking when watching the video, but that doesn't necessarily mean its an instant global iconic image of current pop culture.
The Rihanna one I would at least chosen something from the Loud era, and Katy...... well tbh I don't actually quite know what the **** you
could have put for Katy, because she doesn't really have anything iconic about her if I'm not deluded about it.

Though yeah I agree with you. If she picked a topic, theme, subject and look that represents all of those things and make it theatrical for her
audience... it'll be the Britney everyone remembers, loves and will lose their **** for. She still slays my life though.    

rihanna's this is what you came for has 400 million views on youtube

there are lot of examples from rihanna, katy, madonna

im posting new ones, that will def add up to the iconic looks list those artists have

britney's latest videos dont have ANY of this, not 1% of iconic in them

not even the attempt

and katy's and rihanna's are striking visuals

14 minutes ago, Nando. said:

and before any of you say it, no it wouldnt be the original make me

what i mean is, she needs something in a video that pops, an iconic outfit or ensemble, prop, a collective idea

examples of this are, katy with the red parachute in rise. not meaning the video is iconic, but the look indeed is. she didnt need a whole bunch of scenes or looks or coreography, she nailed it with a single look, beautiful and the concept is understood in a second.

36E3994B00000578-3724770-Finally_Katy_Pe

rihanna did it now in this is what you came for. its one outfit and a cool concept, the projection box

diva-rihanna2.jpg

miley

Screenshot_-_Wrecking_Ball.png

theres not much of this lately, but when its done is instantly memorable

im not saying this is what makes a video good, what i mean is britney needs THIS sort of attention

and its not shocking or ******, its not being naked in a cage

its being powerful and sending that message with ease, rocking an outfit that doenst stand out on itself but that makes YOU stand out

neither katy's or rihanna's on those examples i just gave are beautiful outfits but they make sense

Just because it has views doesn't mean it's iconic :beynah:

Rihanna doesn't have a single iconic video. Out of those three Wrecking Ball is the only one that's iconic.

You really need to educate yourself :mhm:

12 minutes ago, Nando. said:

theres a lot of examples from rihanna, katy, madonna

im posting new ones, that will def add up to the iconic looks list those artists have

britney's latest videos dont have ANY of this, not 1% of iconic in them

not even the attempt

and katy's and rihanna's are striking visuals

You do realise that is even worse that Rihanna's video has over 400 mill views... and yet I still don't know that image at all?
Surely that just proves its definitely not iconic. I've never watched Beyonce's 'Single Ladies' video in full for example, but I know it
and I know its iconic to current popular culture even though I don't fancy it myself. Its the same with Miley's video too.
I've never seen it fully or particularly like it that much, but I know its iconic. 

Btw just out of interest could you give me your opinion on what was Britney's last iconic video was? Just to get your perspective 

23 minutes ago, Kiiddy said:

iconic

The one we got is not iconic either 

7 minutes ago, Nando. said:

Maybe because it's currently in the top 5 on the charts of the biggest market and the most influential country in the world? :xcuseme:

Example : Cold Water has currently 60M views and it's just an audio, One Dance audio has 187M views. So nop, they getting those numbers because the song is popular, not because it's "iconic".

maybe i shouldnt have used the word iconic and just said visually striking

i dont know what it is but ive watched this is what you came for a hundred times and i dont even like the song, i think its basic af

but the video is really cool. adele's send my love is an example of a horrible video that is not iconic at all

britney should at least attempt at it but not by trying too hard, she has to be involved in the concept

they tried it with work ***** with her holding girls on that upside down triangle but britney just stood there

she didnt interact

madonna-hung-up-590x440.jpg

this is also a striking visual example

36 minutes ago, Kiiddy said:

You do realise that is even worse that Rihanna's video has over 400 mill views... and yet I still don't know that image at all?
Surely that just proves its definitely not iconic. I've never watched Beyonce's 'Single Ladies' video in full for example, but I know it
and I know its iconic to current popular culture even though I don't fancy it myself. Its the same with Miley's video too.
I've never seen it fully or particularly like it that much, but I know its iconic. 

Btw just out of interest could you give me your opinion on what was Britney's last iconic video was? Just to get your perspective 

this

tumblr_lkhezj7q9g1qcgioa.jpg

and this answers another one of your questions as well

this is not an iconic britney pop moment

but it is iconic in its visual

and its eye catching

and it brings in views

do you know what i mean?

14 minutes ago, Nando. said:

this

tumblr_lkhezj7q9g1qcgioa.jpg

and this answers another one of your questions as well