Don't feel that bad for David LaChappelle

Dinirocal

6 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

He's an artist who has the right to put his foot down when a concept is changed.

If RCA wanted to scrap Glory tomorrow, would Britney be in the wrong to put her foot down?

He is an artist with his own / independent works. In this case, Britney was the artist and he was the employee that was working for her. He was getting paid.

He should have not taken the offer if he was uncomfortable with working for someone else, this wasn't any of his projects, this was Britney's project.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, neel21 said:

i totally agree with the OP

How does:

(a) A random leopard in the middle of men gyrating on poles

(b) A TV being thrown out the window killing a guy in the pool

(c) She being naked in the cage with glitter body paint dancing next to the pool where a corpse is lying

(d) A scene is shown where a sony TV is showing her dancing while a dead body floats above

(e) A G-Eazy scene that screams ****** aggression

fit in with the lines 

"Baby cause you're the spark that wont go out, my heart's on fire when youre around"???

The Official video should have only kept the dancing scenes of the original one.

There is a lot of examples of Britney's music videos that don't make sense at all, don't have storyline, don't have a special correlation with the lyrics (not only Britney's videos btw).

1 minute ago, blissfuloutsider said:

He's been known for being an irrational **** addict and even got out of the business as no one wanted to work with him! **** him honestly!! 

2 months ago everybody was praising him :orangu: i can't at this fan base :orangu: i'm done :orangu2: 

Just now, Chuts said:

Is this comment serious? :Jfallonlol:

Most Brit videos or ANYONE in the industry don't go along with the song, as Boytoysoldier said it's called ARTISTIC CREATIVITY.

It's not just about fitting in with the vibe of the song

The whole TV ********* scene and **** scene is not for a britney spears music video......

artistic creativity is always appreciated.....e.g. HIAM is a very modern video for 2011, even tho is doesnt fit with the song

but MM's original video was violent...and i dont think anyone would consider that 'ártistic creativity' unless of course you're in the navy

3 minutes ago, neel21 said:

The whole TV ********* scene and **** scene is not for a britney spears music video......

artistic creativity is always appreciated.....e.g. HIAM is a very modern video for 2011, even tho is doesnt fit with the song

but MM's original video was violent...and i dont think anyone would consider that 'ártistic creativity' unless of course you're in the navy

Didn't she ****** someone in the Toxic video? She poisoned him. 

5 minutes ago, YouFeelLikeParadise said:

I wonder if the reason Britney refused to disassociate her name from David's is his **** use? We know she doesn't like having anyone around her that smokes.

umm how we know that? because she used to smoke too, and she seemed pretty happy with smoking. What changed? Did I miss something?

3 minutes ago, neel21 said:

****? Really? Britney walks into the room and is ready for him wtf are you talking about

And the whole song is her asking for good *** cause there's no way she's going to be fighting this tonight

2 minutes ago, Anibalto said:

If this is the real reason to the mess, why did Team B or her make a statement about it? Is not so hard and we would understand the reshoot thing, but this is disrespectful for us.

And why call him in the first place? She's worked with him several times since 1999

7 minutes ago, neel21 said:

****? Are you serious ? THERE's no **** in the other video. *** is not ****.

1 minute ago, Rico. said:

****? Really? Britney walks into the room and is ready for him wtf are you talking about

And the whole song is her asking for good *** cause there's no way she's going to be fighting this tonight

If you see the clip, you can see a hand clearly struggling while he's thrusting....we can assume that britney did not shoot the clip....cuz if she deletd scenes from WB, she wouldnt be comfortable with such a scene

plus if you look at the end scene of the official video, when she's on the bed with the guy, it is much smoother than the *** scene in the original video

1 minute ago, neel21 said:

If you see the clip, you can see a hand clearly struggling while he's thrusting....we can assume that britney did not shoot the clip....cuz if she deletd scenes from WB, she wouldnt be comfortable with such a scene

plus if you look at the end scene of the official video, when she's on the bed with the guy, it is much smoother than the *** scene in the original video

You gotta be ******* kidding.

37 minutes ago, Dinirocal said:

While some express feeling bad for the poor guy LaChapelle, he may not be a saint in this story.

Apparently David LaChappelle is a pain in the *** to work with and has a terrible aggressive and dificult and irrational reputation. Turns out this is not the first time many of his projects get scrapped, fall apart or artists have had to quit to work with him, several of his projects haven't seen the light and other artists have cancelled contracts with him for this reason.

One of the most notable cases was with Madonna in 2005. David LaChappelle was initially chosen and hired to direct Madonna's "Hung up" music video. You would think that anyone would be honored to direct for the Queen of pop, they met several times but the process was so difficult that Madonna and her team actually had to fire him as the guy was refusing to listen and execute any of Madonna's ideas, it was literally impossible to get into any rational agreement with him causing the project to fall apart. Madonna later hired Johan Renck to direct "Hung up" who happilly did his job and once the filming ended Madonna was with him in the editing room indicating to him which scenes she liked and which scenes she wanted to be removed, something that he did without any problem as thats the job to do for a normal director that is getting hired.

LaChappelle also had an incident with the Kardashian Family while shooting for a Christmas card.  The shoot of a simple photo was so complicated that Koutney Kardashian nearly refused to appear in the photo as he was refusing to shoot with her kids (the reason? He hated kids) he became all rude and bitchy and was about to quit the project for such trivial reason. At the end the picture was done but it was a pain in the *** for everyone involved.

So judging by his past and reputation, the "Make me" project likely fell apart because of his extreme irrational being and issues to listen  and reach a consesus. Britney must have had a terrible time shooting with him. The rumored scene that may have caused the problem was the ********* TV scene, Britney and her team probably wanted the scene out which lead David into a bitchy problematic diva, he probably even refused to send Britney's team the footage of the music video.

A music artist has the normal right to decide which scenes fit and which doesn't. The music video director is an employee hired by the artist who gets a salary paid to execute a music video that pleases the artist's taste and vision and not otherwise. 

So don't feel that bad for David. He clearly has issues.

I totally agree. PLUS, I do remember she was yelling "I don't like this" during the shooting ! If it was not included in the story, that can also show that she was not agreeing with his vision during the shooting !

2 minutes ago, neel21 said:

still doesn't make it a **** scene wtf

The only **** going on is Godney raping the floor or the cage tbh

Archived