I'm a photographer and the cover is very artsy fartsy

MakeMeBritneyOh

The problems that it's not HD, you can't see her eyebrows and her skin color seems weird. It looks like she doesn't have a neck at that angle. It's also grainy and too dark. The font looks cheap, the text should've been at the bottom (album name only). Just change it ffs, there should be more than enough photos and time.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, jrsn21 said:

I'm a photographer too and I think it's absolutely amateur

It's both not clear and not blurry enough to achieve either "glory" or "artsy" approach

It just looks more like a video shoot capture.

Agreed. It looks like a fullbody photo that has been cropped to the face, or like you said, a video shoot capture. The text looks slapped on too:yaknow:

5 minutes ago, MakeMeBritneyOh said:

if u're a photographer then u know there's no rules so blurry o clear or in the meddle its does´t matter only matter what the photographer wants to show and his point of view

if u're a photographer then u know there's no rules so blurry o clear or in the meddle its does´t matter only matter what the photographer wants to show and his point of view

There is no rules on the blurriness of a portrait in general, but there ARE rules in capturing it for an album cover, and this close-up missed it.

It's not hard to still capture the subject against the light source in the background and still make her glow. I see your works look great, so I don't get how you can compliment on the cover.

If like you said the photographer wants to show his point of view, I don't see it. 

Anyways, arguing don't change anything, stop taking sides on a freaking photo and preorder the album! 

4 minutes ago, jrsn21 said:

There is no rules on the blurriness of a portrait in general, but there ARE rules in capturing it for an album cover, and this close-up missed it.

It's not hard to still capture the subject against the light source in the background and still make her glow. I see your works look great, so I don't get how you can compliment on the cover.

If like you said the photographer wants to show his point of view, I don't see it. 

Anyways, arguing don't change anything, stop taking sides on a freaking photo and preorder the album! 

so based in what u said something like this is wronge wich is one of the most amazing album covers i ever seen

51LBzDD3bnL._AC_UL320_SR316,320_.jpg

or well something more pop like this

Taylor-Swift-1989-album-covers-billboard

9 minutes ago, MakeMeBritneyOh said:

so based in what u said something like this is wronge wich is one of the most amazing album covers i ever seen

51LBzDD3bnL._AC_UL320_SR316,320_.jpg

or well something more pop like this

Taylor-Swift-1989-album-covers-billboard

You are reaching and being delusional. Notice the framing, the distance, and the degree of blurriness . They are CLEARLY not the same thing as the Glory cover, where the target imo is to capture the glow on Britney close-up.

Taking great photos does not equal good analyzing skills, so don't just believing that you're the only one who can "see" the cover.

Anyways, let's move on from this nonsense.

1 hour ago, MakeMeBritneyOh said:

I think its reflect exactly the way she describe the album

the blury and light are very moody, chill. Its really reflect 

some kind of slow tempo music.

the granulated is just on point, and she looks good the hair is perfect.

u guys want some obvious cover but I think its just the way the album sound.

britney-spears-glory-cover.jpg

I agree with you... this cover is beautiful! So ethereal and yet so ****... It's very inviting. 

Archived