Do you feel like this is the end of her career?

noturbitch

britney hasn't done **** promo-wise for "make me..." in the states - not even 1 radio interview, yet the song hit #1 on iTunes in less than 2 hours, despite katy having 5 banners and nationwide promo, she was top 10 for quite some time, and it was top 30 until like 3 days ago. additionally she's doing great on radio so far, soon to be top 20 in pop (better than katy). streaming is doing fine (and way better than katy). the song debuted on #17 on the bb hot 100 (PG debuted and peaked at #29). "make me..." is #1 for a 2nd consecutive week on ratethemusic.com. it's #2 on billboard's twitter tracks (This week's most shared and/or mentioned songs on Twitter.) she's #24 on billboard's social 50 and was #16 the week before (from billboard: A ranking of the most active artists on the world's leading social networking sites. Artists' popularity is determined by a formula blending their weekly additions of friends/fans/followers along with artist page views and weekly song plays, as measured by Next Big Sound.).and most importantly: britney looks ******* hot, and is at a new prime as far as performances go. she's totally feeling herself again. once the video drops and promo kicks in the song will EASILY crack top 10.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
22 minutes ago, -ididitagain- said:

if she isn't going to put in the work to regain relevance in the eyes of the public it isn't going to just happen magically. 

This.

It's sad because with promo, Make Me would be a big hit and she would be relevant again.  :crying1: 

The song is good, Britney is in top form, radios are even supporting the song, it could be such a great era but Britney and her team are ruining everything  :crying1: 

17 hours ago, -ididitagain- said:

she'll always have a career to some degree because she is britney spears but obviously at a certain point she is going to end up being like madonna in the sense that she will release music that will only impact her core fanbase only, nobody else will care about it. truthfully, i think that's already how it is outside of the US. here she is still getting radio support but it doesn't seem like many people outside of the fanbase are interested regardless of this and like they do with any any other aging popstar, radio will drop her at some point. it is only a matter of time. she isn't going to be getting massive hits anymore so make me hitting #17 is great considering the current circumstances. none of the future singles from the album will outpeak make me most likely. i don't see the album selling well either. if she isn't going to put in the work to regain relevance in the eyes of the public it isn't going to just happen magically. i'm only hoping for great music from here on out.

I have to agree :(

1 minute ago, A.D. said:

Sorry to go off topic but **** poof Tomatoes, they gave the new Ghostbusters (heavily disliked by audiences) a 73% yet Suicide Squad gets a 33% with great word of mouth from most audience members (and of course they have to mention Marvel movies in their reviews isntead of focusing on the actual film) :grimace:

Yeah don't let the reviews put you off, I was on IMDB earlier and loads of people were saying to ignore the critics reviews because they're not giving it the credit it's due. A few people have said it's better than BvS and that it's definitely worth your time. And that's enough for me. :tongueney:

14 minutes ago, A.D. said:

Sorry to go off topic but **** poof Tomatoes, they gave the new Ghostbusters (heavily disliked by audiences) a 73% yet Suicide Squad gets a 33% with great word of mouth from most audience members (and of course they have to mention Marvel movies in their reviews isntead of focusing on the actual film) :grimace:

I would just hate on the critics, not poof Tomatoes then. poof Tomatoes just averages out a percentage based on all of the reviews :sickofu:

2 hours ago, A.D. said:

OH MY ******* GOD...it's at 28%? It's officially confirmed that movie reviewers much like music critics (it's beyond suspicious that Lemonade is the highest rated album by a female in Metacritic :thetea:) are a fraud 

Suicide squad rocks...ignore them.

they all gave **** reviews to 'batman vs superman' too. It was long but it wasnt shitty at all.

Archived