Ok I've always wondered

Guest emailmycock

Guest emailmycock

...Britney's natural singing voice was deep and beautiful. She got signed with Jive when they heard her sing a Whitney ******* Houston song, who the **** had the nerve to think "this girl's range is awesome, definitely has a lot of potential, let's make her sing in a nasal chimpunk voice!" Max Martin?:sickofu:

Still love Sexney's voice tho

1KSmzW.gif

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest emailmycock
18 minutes ago, troubleforyou said:

It flopped because it's a pointless topic that has either been discussed to death or doesn't need to be discussed.

I would guess both.

This post is not meant to sound as blunt as I intended it to ha!

Thanks sistern:Arianabye: you're right. This should've been yet another thread explaining why Make Me is like #70 on iTunes

An excerpt from the book "The Song Machine: Inside the Hit Factory" by John Seabrook which uses info from  "Britney: Inside the Dream by Steve Dennis"

"Rudolph had sent Britney’s “Toni Braxton” demo tape to Jeff Fenster, a senior vice president of A&R for Jive in the United States. Besides Fenster, no one at the label liked it, except for A&R man Steve Lunt, who heard something in the demo. “It was in the wrong key,” he remembers. “Britney was trying to sing like Toni Braxton, which was way too low for her. It sounded pretty awful in places. But when her voice went up high, you could hear the girlish quality, and there was something really appealing about that.” Some snapshots of the fifteen-year-old accompanied the demo, showing a cute all-American teen in pigtails, sitting on a ramshackle wooden porch in Kentwood, and playing with her dog on the lawn. “I said, ‘This is something we should look at seriously.’ ”

” Britney met the entire A&R department, along with Calder, in a conference room. It was July, and the teenager wore a mid-thigh sundress. She sang two Whitney Houston songs, a cappella: “I Will Always Love You,” and “I Have Nothing.”
“Her eyes were rolling back in her head as she was singing,” Lunt noticed, “and I remember thinking to myself, ‘That is really weird but it’s going to look great on video.’ It was old-school church meets modern-day ***. But in fact it was because she was so nervous.” When she was finished, Fenster asked her if she knew anything else, and Britney sang the national anthem. Everyone thanked her and said they would be in touch. Lynne and her daughter flew back to Kentwood that night.

Archived