VIDEO: Tate McRae Reacts to Britney Spears Comparisons at the 2024 MTV VMAs

2 hours ago, Reasonwhy said:

The problem with this woman is that she doesn't shine as herself. She has always sth related to Britney (outfits, music videos, same movements). It's fine to have someone to be inluenced by but, has she done anything that is not related or similar to britney? 

On the other hand, you have someone like Sabrina Carpenter who also has britney, xtina and more as big influences but she's able to do her thing and have her own signature. That's why she's big.

Tate has more hits than Sabrina and Sabrina's biggest hit is literally a rip off of "say so" LMAO 

Britney stans are the new Madonna stans circa 2010... The difference is that instead of seething at lady gaga y'all are seething at....  tate mcrae lmaoooo 

6 minutes ago, ROCIO said:

Tate is  trying waaay to hard to FORCE the comparisons. She is getting embarrassing and needs to stop with her so called "tributes", dressing like Britney, copying her moves and "reimagining" her videos. She just should admit that she is simply desperately trying to be Britney Spears. And honey, you can not be Britney. Britney is not only about the dancing. Britney's appeal is herself, her charisma, her extreme beauty, her charm, her story, her personality, her natural se,xyness, her unique songs, her unique voice, the it factor. Tate has an ugly face, 0 charisma, 0 personality and 0 appeal. She's just a wannabe impersonator. 

This is why the forum can't shut down! Exhale is a good echo chamber for delusional people like this, who would otherwise get Britney dragged if they posted this anywhere else

Just now, alexbickle said:

This is why the forum can't shut down! Exhale is a good echo chamber for delusional people like this, who would otherwise get Britney dragged if they posted this anywhere else

Delusional? Tate is desperately trying to be Britney Spears and everybody can see it. To me it's getting embarrasing. That's all. She is the one forcing the comparisons. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, alexbickle said:

Tate has more hits than Sabrina and Sabrina's biggest hit is literally a rip off of "say so" LMAO 

Britney stans are the new Madonna stans circa 2010... The difference is that instead of seething at lady gaga y'all are seething at....  tate mcrae lmaoooo 

lmao more hits than Sabrina?! I'm not much of a fan of either but I know that Sabrina's album just went number one :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: Tate has yet to even touch that lmaoooooooooooooooooo embarrassing you would even say that!

3 minutes ago, alexbickle said:

Mean Girls Shut Up GIF talking about echo chamber when you are literally talking out of your wide as s hole.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, ROCIO said:

Delusional? Tate is desperately trying to be Britney Spears and everybody can see it. To me it's getting embarrasing. That's all. She is the one forcing the comparisons. 

Tate gets compared to Britney because one of the few new girls who can dance and put on a show. Y'all don't mind when Tinashe gets compared to Britney because she's ya flop. But when a successful girl is compared to Britney, suddenly it's a problem. Mmm. 

And considering Britney is a joke nowadays you would think this fan base would appreciate when the new girls (Tate, Halsey) pay tribute to her, but instead they're met with attacks and petty remarks. 

9 minutes ago, alexbickle said:

Tate gets compared to Britney because one of the few new girls who can dance and put on a show. Y'all don't mind when Tinashe gets compared to Britney because she's ya flop. But when a successful girl is compared to Britney, suddenly it's a problem. Mmm. 

And considering Britney is a joke nowadays you would think this fan base would appreciate when the new girls (Tate, Halsey) pay tribute to her, but instead they're met with attacks and petty remarks. 

I can't appreciate Tate because I don't like cheap and ugly copies. What can I do? She has 0 appeal to me. By the way, I just know her because of this forum. I never heard her name outside. 

Edited by ROCIO

It is very obvious her team wanted the Britney comparison, since she didnt perform they needed something to get a bit of press coverage,

what they dont understand is they are making it worse for her than better, because she is an new artist and she needs to create her own identity,

89571983-0-image-a-121_1726109506345.jpg89572117-0-image-a-117_1726107957889.jpg

Edited by MIKE_INT
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ROCIO said:

Tate is  trying waaay too hard to FORCE the comparisons. She is getting embarrassing and needs to stop with her so called "tributes", dressing like Britney, copying her moves and "reimagining" her videos. She just should admit that she is simply desperately trying to be Britney Spears. And honey, you can not be Britney. Britney is not only about the dancing. Britney's appeal is herself, her charisma, her extreme beauty, her charm, her story, her personality, her natural se,xyness, her unique songs, her unique voice, the it factor. Tate has an ugly face, 0 charisma, 0 personality and 0 appeal. She's just a wannabe impersonator. 

Lol this is what I imagine Madonna fans would write about Britney back in 2001 if the internet was as toxic as in 2024 😂

46 minutes ago, ElToxico said:

Lol this is what I imagine Madonna fans would write about Britney back in 2001 if the internet was as toxic as in 2024 😂

One thing is to be inspired by another artists and a veeeery different thing is trying this hard to "convince" the public that you are the "next (insert name)". You should have your own personality and vibe as an artist. Britney Spears was always Britney Spears from the very first moment that she released her song BOMT and she had her own vibe, her own personality and charm. Tate is only impersonating Britney and forcing it too much. 

49 minutes ago, ElToxico said:

Did Britney came to any award dressed in a copy of Madonna dress?

As I said earlier

It is very obvious her team wanted the Britney comparison, since she didnt perform they needed something to get a bit of press coverage,

what they dont understand is they are making it worse for her than better, because she is an new artist and she needs to create her own identity,

Edited by MIKE_INT
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, MIKE_INT said:

89571983-0-image-a-121_1726109506345.jpg89572117-0-image-a-117_1726107957889.jpg

uff... I'm sorry but this is giving that meme of "when you order something online":weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh: She looked great though!

Spoiler

outerwear-order-something-online-vs-arri

Edited by PlatinumB
  • Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.