A selection of people in Nepal wearing t-shirts with Britney's face

I thought it was a interesting thing to share. It's curious to think those might be people just wearing a t-shirt without knowing who's the person's face stamped in them.

Britney-Spears-Nepal-Arnaud.jpg

Britney-Spears-Nepal-Jordan-Bower-2-640x

Britney-Spears-Nepal-Jordan-Bower-3.jpg

Britney-Spears-Nepal-Jordan-Bower-640x96

Britney-Spears-Nepal-630x420.jpg

Photographs by Jordan Bower.

LEXLIMBU.COM

Just teasing… but she is quite popular, you’ll see people wearing her t-shirts (unknowingly) in a lotttt of places. Well hers and WWE wrestlers, Avril Lavigne, fake D&G and the list…
  • Love 2

I saw this documentary about fast fashion and how all these excessive amounts of clothes end up in landfills in poor countries bc US and other powerful countries kinda force them into it by threatening them with an embargo if they resist.

Anyway my point is, maybe some of those people have no idea who Britney even is and just wear those shirts bc they get them for dirt cheap from the used fast fashion distributions in their countries. But of course i’m sure some do know who she is or others just think she’s pretty.

• Love 3
  • Like 4

These are good photos. The text for the last one goes:

"A Maoist rebel soldier wearing a Britney Spears t-shirt stands among a batallion of other soldiers of the People’s Liberation Army, First Brigade, Mid Division during a drill in a schoolyard in the village of Gairigaon, Nepal on Wednesday, Feb. 16, 2005"

Global presence. East, West, North, South she's there. I like that photo in particular.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, monalisaney81 said:

I saw this documentary about fast fashion and how all these excessive amounts of clothes end up in landfills in poor countries bc US and other powerful countries kinda force them into it by threatening them with an embargo if they resist.

Anyway my point is, maybe some of those people have no idea who Britney even is and just wear those shirts bc they get them for dirt cheap from the used fast fashion distributions in their countries. But of course i’m sure some do know who she is or others just think she’s pretty.

It's crazy. The constrast. This goes all as an example of the extreme and crazy capitalism as you said. After all, the Britney shirts might just be (for them) a t-shirt they have to wear, you know?

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.