JayTawndré drops 4-track EP "Press Play" amid music allegations

13 minutes ago, Dama Etro said:

I checked out Groovepad to not falsely accuse anyone here. The app is basically pressing some buttons with pre-recorded samples that you can stick together to create a song. Took me 5 minutes to make my own song. However, these aspects are free to use for anyone, even to upload them. So while its a pretty easy way to make music, with barely any actual work that producers actually do, it is in no way wrong or illegal. As these are easy to use samples, it is totally possible to create the same song.

I don’t think it’s a matter of legality - Other users have just noticed these are tracks made by someone else and whether it’s perfectly free for all on this app it’s still technically their property? Maybe? I dunno. I honestly dont care either way lol. 

Edited by femmef4toole
10 minutes ago, Dama Etro said:

I checked out Groovepad to not falsely accuse anyone here. The app is basically pressing some buttons with pre-recorded samples that you can stick together to create a song. Took me 5 minutes to make my own song. However, these aspects are free to use for anyone, even to upload them. So while it’s a pretty easy way to make music, with barely any actual work that producers actually do, it is in no way wrong or illegal. As these are easy to use samples, it is totally possible to create the same song.

These are published work that serious artists have released through labels and publishing companies.

This habitual liar has stolen published music and posed himself as the artist. Shazam is 99.9% accurate. Check it out yourself 😉

What this person is doing is basically illegal and I cant believe people on a pop/music forum are backing him up. 

• Love 1
Just now, eddieeddie said:

These are published work that serious artists have released through labels and publishing companies.

This habitual liar has stolen published music and posed himself as the artist. Shazam is 99.9% accurate. Check it out yourself 😉

What this person is doing is basically illegal and I cant believe people on a pop/music forum are backing him up. 

I am not backing him up, I suggest to check out Groovepad and their rules yourself if you want to better understand it. I also Shazam'ed those 4 tracks here and while they are very similar, they are not exact copies. Which is what I was trying to explain: you have a genre, and then a set of sample sections in the that you can chose, then record, and you have a song. Its more of playing around for me and I personally would never claim that I "produced" something with that. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

It sounds like the app he using is compromised of generic stock samples that anyone can pull together and ‘make a song’. Hence why so many other songs have a similar sounds to his music. It’s a bit like going on Canva, using their different website templates to make your own and then calling yourself a developer. It’s still your own creation but it’s not unique (and kinda lazy).

Jay, my love, I can tell you’re passionate about music and I recommend (if you aren’t already) trying to go back to school and taking a music production/ tech course. 

💙

Edited by nwonder
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, one2threesaymyname said:

Stop enabling him, if he's mental it's for people like you in this forum

I understand what you’re saying but this has been the first time I’ve  commented on his music threads since the last time he got caught out.

And I’m encouraging him to try and take positive action out of this, go back to school and focus on his passion. Why’s that bad?

Edited by nwonder
  • Love 2
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Dama Etro said:

I checked out Groovepad to not falsely accuse anyone here. The app is basically pressing some buttons with pre-recorded samples that you can stick together to create a song. Took me 5 minutes to make my own song. However, these aspects are free to use for anyone, even to upload them. So while its a pretty easy way to make music, with barely any actual work that producers actually do, it is in no way wrong or illegal. As these are easy to use samples, it is totally possible to create the same song.

Thank you! Thanks for actually looking up Groovepad and investigating. I have proved my point. Those artists simply copywritten their songs, but they use the same soundpacks. This whole thing these users are doing is just negative and reeks of instigation. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, The JayTawndre Show said:

Thank you! Thanks for actually looking up Groovepad and investigating. I have proved my point. Those artists simply copywritten their songs, but they use the same soundpacks. This whole thing these users are doing is just negative and reeks of instigation. 

I personally wasn’t trying to be negative. But I was under the impression that you put your heart and soul into your productions. And as it turns out, anyone can make a song in 5 minutes on there using stock samples. Where’s the originality behind that?

I was rooting for you so this is kinda disappointing. I still wish you all the best.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, femmef4toole said:

I know stealing material from anybody is fxcked and that we are also in the midst of an Exhale-ocalypse in general but let’s also remember there’s a person on the end of that username :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

I agree, I’ve made some Myah Tawndré jokes myself but it’s really supposed to be all in good fun. Let’s not spread any actual hate here. :katyfrog_perry_upset_um: 

• Love 2
On 9/10/2024 at 6:22 AM, femmef4toole said:

I don’t think it’s a matter of legality - Other users have just noticed these are tracks made by someone else and whether it’s perfectly free for all on this app it’s still technically their property? Maybe? I dunno. I honestly dont care either way lol. 

Not to be rude but if u don't care about me or my music, why read the thread? :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

@The JayTawndre Show I'm slowly returning to Exhale, but aren't you one of the OGs? Like I remember your EP / album releases as far back as the 'Britney Jean' era and there wasn't any Groovepad back then lol. Or perhaps my memory is failing me  :enigma_alien_blue: I agree with @ObsessedBritFan1 though everyone needs to chill. Although, I'd love to see Tawndré produce tracks the conventional way. This might be free / allowed but it feels like cheating and taking the easy way out. Quality over quantity, take your time with it, and put lots of love and effort into each track you make.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

You guys need to chill. He samples songs, so what? It's his ear either way. Let him post his musings, and if you don't want to listen, don't listen or comment. There is no reason to be rude or nasty. Geez. Now manners isn't anything you can learn from school. Believe me, some of the greatest deluded narcassist teach there. 

Appreciate a classy response like this! 🖤

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Hope said:

@The JayTawndre Show I'm slowly returning to Exhale, but aren't you one of the OGs? Like I remember your EP / album releases as far back as the 'Britney Jean' era and there wasn't any Groovepad back then lol. Or perhaps my memory is failing me  :enigma_alien_blue: I agree with @ObsessedBritFan1 though everyone needs to chill. Although, I'd love to see Tawndré produce tracks the conventional way. This might be free / allowed but it feels like cheating and taking the easy way out. Quality over quantity, take your time with it, and put lots of love and effort into each track you make.

To answer, yes I am one of the OGs on here. 

Producing is my passion, well one of them and I have been using more than one app but Groovepad is the one I pay for! I was so amazed when I discovered this excellent app. So many artists like me, can create and most of my songs I make like 5 different versions and release the ones that I am most proud of. 

I want to produce in the recording studio 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.