Please help me understand 😩

I started a new job three weeks ago. There’s an intern guy in my team who’s hot AF and is effortlessly cool, like his clothing choices are enough for me to jump all over him, but he’s very very cute. Since the first day he’s always been so nice and sweet to me, like he would text me random **** like he loved my emails to clients or that my report was so well done, stuff like that. We work remotely a few days a week but when we’re in the office he always sits next to me. A few days ago he put a cookie next to my laptop and I was like “is that for me?” and he replied “yeah that’s for you”. I had half of the cookie thinking he’d want the other half, then after a while I asked him “is that gonna go in my mouth?” and he said “yeah that’s going in your mouth beautiful” - I was literally dying inside. The day after we were working from home and he gave me a call about some random email he wanted to have my thoughts about - I literally got the email while I was on the phone with him so I feel like he just wanted an excuse to talk to me. During the call he asked me how I’m finding the job and basically at some point I told him “anyway let’s go for drinks sometime after work to talk about this” and he immediately said “that’s exactly what I wanted to suggest”. And we agreed for next Thursday, with him adding “I’ll buy you drinks to make you spill all your secrets”. Like omg! 

Now there’s a little twist… Friday morning we were on a zoom call waiting for a colleague to join, so I asked him about his plans for the weekend and he said “I got a date tonight”, to which I replied “ohhh with who?”, and he said “this girl who’s a friend of friends”. I was like WTF? I thought he was gay?! He literally sends me texts and emails always ending with xx - what is going on?

There’s also the fact that I’m a director and I feel embarassed about other senior people at the firm seeing me interacting so much with the 22yo intern boy who’s 11 years younger than me, and even worse if they’d see me leaving for drinks with him after work. And I also live with my partner of 5 years, and we aren’t open (although there have been some obstacles along the way…), so there’s that.

I don’t know what to think- is he gay? Is he into me? Or does he just see me as an older mentor? But then why the cookie and why the drinks and why would he tell me those things?? 

I feel embarrassed to talk about it with my friends as he’s literally a kid and I have my relationship, but please let me know your thoughts. I’m developing a dangerous crush over here like I haven’t had one since I was in my early 20s probably, and i could do with some external advice …..

Edited by Crazy4BRITNEY3.3

I feel like ur only taking intrest hints cause u like him and u want them to be hints. I didnt see any intrest on his side tbh. Imagine if she was a gurl u wernt attracted to?... She got u a cookie and was like omg lets grab drinks after work while u guys discussed an email... this is very normal to hapoen in any work enviroment with anyone imo.

Its giving healthy work enviroment, dont mess it up i think.

And if im wrong and he is in fact showing intrest, dont let him in just now and be professional, cause he is certainly playin both fields. 

Good luck x

Edited by Markoct
  • Like 1

Um... Cool... It was nice to read it and be your confidant for like 5 minutes. So here's the thing... What I would do is to avoid his contact (the guy from work) with me a little bit because it might be - as you said - dangerous for you because of some expectations you might have and hell, yes, you want to feel secure. You have a partner, you have feelings. It doesn't feel like a safety net, you know, what I mean. On the top of there's also your work environment which is important for you. So, I suggest you two to just be nice, kind, gentle friends and be fun (not too much) with each other and that's it. I hope I was nice, a nice confidant. :) 

Oh, when I was reading it I though well, he's bi! but it might be just a crush on his side, for you.

oops i did it again GIFIt might seem like a crush, but it doesn't mean that I'm serious

Edited by Fita
  • Love 1
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.