*NSYNC Question

FemmeFataleBrit

Who formed *NSYNC?

I just recently learned that Chris Kirkpatrick is 49. 49. That means he was 24 when the band was formed and was 30 when the final album released. That’s kind of old for a boy band member isn’t it? I mean he is 10 years older than the youngest member in the group. 

I think I’d feel a little weird being in a group and touring with a guy who is 24 when I’m 14. 

Who formed the band with such a wide age gap? 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the age gap was an afterthought, Chris formed the group and asked Justin to be in it after seeing his work on the Mickey Mouse Club

Justin asked JC (also from the Mickey Mouse Club) to be in the group

JC was friends with Joey and asked him to be in the group

Justin's singing teacher knew Lance and suggested he be in the group and the group was then formed

I recently listened to a podcast where Lance was the guest. He said Chris saw the Backstreet Boys and wanted to make a group of his own. They got Justin, JC, and Lance and some other dude that ended up dropping out so they asked Joey. But yeah the 10 year age difference is a little funny but they were all friends and had a great time touring around the world and experiencing success so it wasn't really that weird. I mean damn I would have done it for the experience!

1 hour ago, PickleSpears said:

I recently listened to a podcast where Lance was the guest. He said Chris saw the Backstreet Boys and wanted to make a group of his own. They got Justin, JC, and Lance and some other dude that ended up dropping out so they asked Joey. But yeah the 10 year age difference is a little funny but they were all friends and had a great time touring around the world and experiencing success so it wasn't really that weird. I mean damn I would have done it for the experience!

I mean I’m in my early 20s and I could never imagine hanging out with someone who’s barely a teenagers and being around them for years.

56 minutes ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

I mean I’m in my early 20s and I could never imagine hanging out with someone who’s barely a teenagers and being around them for years.

For fame and money I bet you would. But for them it was prob about talent and passion. They all were after the same goal, and they made it. If you've ever had younger siblings, cousins, nieces/nephews that you're close to then you would understand. I bet they saw the younger members as younger bros and older members as older bros. It's not weird or anything, they were in something special and they were in it together.

Archived