Radar Appreciation Thread

Thelegendarybritney

Recorded on November 8th, 2006 for Blackout, Goddar was born and placed as track number 3 on the album. :riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white:

Due to the rushed release of Circus, Radar music video was scrapped and it ended up on Circus track a bonus track. This marked the ICONIC revival/rebirth of this amazing track (some even said it outperformed the resurrection of Jesus but you didn't hear it from me) :new_york_breathless_uncannyxman:

As Godney once said in Bible-out and said once again in Circus:

''Confidence is a must
Cockiness is a plus
Edginess is a rush
Edges I like 'em rough'' 

tumblr_ltj94qTOXy1r3ty02o1_500.gifv

I'm sure we all remember these verses from the Bible and recite them out loud before you go to bed at night. 

In June 22, 2009 the song was officially released as the last single from Circus and the music video was directed by Dave Meyers, paying tribute to Take a bow music video by Madonna. 

source.gif

Radar remains one of the most iconic tracks in Britney's career and it continues its charity work by empowering people to be confident, a little bit cocky and edgy. 

Here are what some of the critics had to say about Radar:

''Blender gave the song four and a half stars, named it the second potential hit from the album, and called it "a bubblegum-electro dance floor jam with a hook most pop stars would kill for". Eric R. Danton of The Hartford Courant deemed it as "crackling" and "club-ready", while calling it one of the "killer tracks" off the album along with "Break the Ice" and "Hot as Ice". Denton Record-Chronicle's Mike Daniel said the best tracks of Blackout are "the unwaveringly catchy 'Radar' and the neo-wave curveball of 'Heaven and Earth'". Stephen Thomas Erlewine of AllMusic said some of the songs of Blackout, "really show off the skills of the producers", exemplifying "Gimme More", "Radar", "Break the Ice", "Heaven on Earth" and "Hot as Ice". He also selected it as one of his 'track picks' of the album. Jedd Rosche of The Maneater deemed it as one of the standout tracks of Blackout along with "Ooh Ooh Baby."

so let's celebrate this iconic song and music video by commenting what your favorite memory of Goddar and how did you first react to the song :riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white:

tumblr_lvqzbwGmfn1r5hnbro1_r1_500.gif

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Thelegendarybritney said:

yeah the vocal for radar was very processed :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde: but it still slays and they kept candice nelson's vocal from the demo on it still which is a nice touch :ohcrap_britney_crap_omg_glory_jimmy_kimmel_jkl_surprised_wow:

She got them royalties good, she also wrote it. :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

Her vocals bother me, especially the high "nooow" :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

It's a current scheme in Britney's discography :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

I've always loved this track. So many fans criticize the lack of "humanity" in her voice, personally i think the overly-processed vocals really elevated the song, it sounds so autotuned, beat-corrected, quantified, canned, processed and soulless that it becomes good. I swear Bloodshy & a Avant do things with Autotune that make American producers sound like they're trying to pass signals through a kazoo. Why use it to fix vocals when you can use it to make insane vocals LOL. 

It all depends on the context, in this case, the vocal effects really added that weird robotic flavor that the song needed, so it doesn't feel out of place. 

it's a bit as if an artificial intelligence had decided to embark on a musical career. it's genius. 

3 minutes ago, NotLouTaylor said:

I've always loved this track. So many fans criticize the lack of "humanity" in her voice, but she sounds like a **** android, personally i think the overly-processed vocals really elevated the song, it sounds so autotuned, beat-corrected, quantified, canned, processed and soulless that it becomes good. I swear Bloodshy & a Avant do things with Autotune that make American producers sound like they're trying to pass signals through a kazoo. Why use it to fix vocals when you can use it to make insane vocals LOL.

it's a bit as if an artificial intelligence had decided to embark on a musical career. it's genius. 

i agree! the overly processed vocals give it a futuristic/edgy sound which fits the overtone of Blackout so well. 

This is how you do processed vocals unlike Will.i.flop's work on Britney Jean :roxxy:

Archived