ABBA's new songs (maybe an album) coming in 2020

maxresdefault.jpg

ABBA are set to make a comeback of sorts this year when they release brand new music later in 2020 and Björn Ulvaeus has given an insight into what it was like recording new music again.

ABBA are to return to the scene in 2020 with brand new music, almost 30 years after the group dissolved. Now legends of pop music, ABBA formed in Stockholm, Sweden in 1972 and smashed charts all over the world with hits like Waterloo and Dancing Queen. They will be releasing two brand new songs later this year, with more to follow.

In fact, the comeback tracks were recorded a while ago, Björn revealed in a recent interview with the Financial Times.

“We recorded them quite some time ago, actually one-and-a-half years ago,” he said.

Björn has partnered with a new software programme, Session, which registers contributions to recordings in real time and therefore helps sort out the messy area of music rights.

Session is now part of Pro-Tools, which many musicians and producers use all over the world but wasn’t used for recording the upcoming ABBA songs.

Asked if the as-yet unreleased tracks were recorded using Session, the ABBA legend replied: “No, because it wasn’t quite ready.”

Now it’s up and running, however, the handful more songs yet to be recorded for the band’s return to the music scene will utilise the software.

In an interview with Swedish press, shared by ABBA Talk, Björn’s writing partner and fellow ABBA star Benny Andersson previously spoke about when fans could expect new music to drop.

“They’re coming this year,” he said of the two new songs. “I’m guessing after the summer.

But I can only guess, because I’m not really sure. But I would think so,” he added.

Benny wasn’t certain enough to promise the songs would land in specific month, but hazarded a guess at September release date.
He told Magic Radio the two songs were done, saying: “It is when you feel every note is where it should be and I don’t just mean the chorus.”

P.S. Also Benny talked about an album (not only two songs) so we have to wait and see. :bparty:

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/music/1253271/ABBA-news-2020-new-music-songs-Bjorn-Ulvaeus

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block