Some guy drags Glory's sales

Soni

9 minutes ago, button said:

Sorry didn't check the channel. Doesn't mean he doesn't have a special disdain for Britney Spears because let's be real, she is one of the most hated popstars, especially among this kind of "hipsters".

But alright let's suppose he didn't purposefully pick Britney. Does what he's trying to prove really apply to Britney? Britney didn't naturally decline, there were huge factors causing her commercial success to fade and her image has been tarnished since 2007. What is happening to her right now was kind of bound to occur and Femme Fatale was a foreshadowing of that. When you have a huge meltdown, go under conservatorship and don't have the right to choose the direction of your musical projects on top of being a medicated performer, you're obviously going to lose your fans, public interest and don't renew your fanbase and with a similar image no amount of promo will make your albums a success. In my opinion he picked the worst example possible of a declining popstar who can't "save her career". The ineffective promo is a cumulative result, her decline did not happen naturally.

He never said this was the sole reason her career is down or why her career went down :huh:

He's simply saying that none of the promo is helping much even though people always say that "success in pop music and the charts depends on promo" which I personally have heard millions of times. It's not that deep, Army. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Brisketney said:

Yes, I am saying he's meant to criticize people who have a very high peak because that's his ******* point. His point is that no matter how extremely successful you once were, if the ship is sinking, promo won't save it. If you think I'm gonna believe you watched the whole thing after that, lmao. Once again, Gwen wasn't as successful or relevant as Britney. Janet's career faded a long time ago so it's not relevant to bring that up. Madonna's last success was also a long time ago which means it isn't that relevant either. 

People post things after only hearing like 30 seconds of the video and you seem like one of them so, oh well, pardon me I guess. If the way someone says things bothers you even though they brought up strong points, you don't have a thick skin just saying :nickishade:

So if Gwen was bigger she would be a higher target and should've been able to get dragged by him?Also if Xtina flopped sooner she would too?Are u even trying to come up with good explanations?
Anyways..Britney is flopping since BJ..he choose to bash her 3 years after she flopped.I am sure he could do that with some of the others but he didn't.I mean..he didn't even wait to see if her other singles would flop!:frenchy:
I can't with u bringing up that I didn't watch it..just to try to get your point across? :britdrown: I heard and acknowledge that some of the things he said were true.Some of them were unfair also but u don't look at that.U are just trying to win an argument after all.:byebitch:

23 minutes ago, Brisketney said:

He never said this was the sole reason her career is down or why her career went down :huh:

He's simply saying that none of the promo is helping much even though people always say that "success in pop music and the charts depends on promo" which I personally have heard millions of times. It's not that deep, Army. 

Oh did he mention the other factors? Great then. Then I completely agree with him. I can't watch the video so I'm making assumptions. Sorry, I'm a mess. :britdrown:

I feel like promo is essential when you're new to the industry kinda like Britney at the beginning (BOMT/Oops/Britney/ITZ) but once you're an established act, I think it's about your image and the power your hold in your name. Beyoncé is a good example.

1 minute ago, button said:

Oh did he mention the other factors? Great then. Then I completely agree with him. I can't watch the video so I'm making assumptions. Sorry, I'm a mess. :britdrown:

I feel like promo is essential when you're new to the indsutry kinda like Britney at the beginning but once you're an established act, I think it's about your image and the power your hold in your name. Beyoncé is a good example.

Well he didn't mention the other factors, but like I said previously, he ain't talking about "This is how a career fails", he's just communicating his points in an articulate, but albeit rude way, that "Clearly, promo isn't doing enough to bring Britney back to her prime, so I don't know what will".

2 minutes ago, Brisketney said:

Well he didn't mention the other factors, but like I said previously, he ain't talking about "This is how a career fails", he's just communicating his points in an articulate, but albeit rude way, that "Clearly, promo isn't doing enough to bring Britney back to her prime, so I don't know what will".

I also want to point out that Britney's promo isn't really raising interest in the album because of the content of her performances as well. Let's not act like if she performed Just Luve Me/Slumber Party live she'd get the same result as doing her POM lipped performances. But this also counts towards the image argument, right?

1 minute ago, Soni said:

So if Gwen was bigger she would be a higher target and should've been able to get dragged by him?Also if Xtina flopped sooner she would too?Are u even trying to come up with good explanations?
Anyways..Britney is flopping since BJ..he choose to bash her 3 years after she flopped.I am sure he could do that with some of the others but he didn't.I mean..he didn't even wait to see if her other singles would flop!:frenchy:
I can't with u bringing up that I didn't watch it..just to try to get your point across? :britdrown: I heard and acknowledge that some of the things he said were true.Some of them were unfair also but u don't look at that.U are just trying to win an argument after all.:byebitch:

Is it relevant to bring up someone who had a flop album from four years ago and talk about the past? No, it's not. His channel is full of rants about current things. He said he's seen Britney being mentioned a lot everywhere and is explaining how all these appearances and performances communicate relevance, but do her album sales say anything? Xtina is practically nowhere to be found unless you love the Discovery Channel and Music Game shows. Gwen isn't and was never a big enough pop star as Britney to communicate his point: promo is not the only way to keep yourself afloat in this industry and on the charts, and Britney Spears' chart positions are examples of that. Uh, me acknowledging his shitty points (which I will come forward and acknowledge he has, you're welcome) is irrelevant and has nothing to do with what I'm trying to say, I'm just dumbfounded at how some people don't know basic comprehension, that's all.

Anyway, I'm not arguing with you anymore if you are going to continue to be brain-dead and skim across my explanations :rude2me:

2 minutes ago, button said:

I also want to point out that Britney's promo isn't really raising interest in the album because of the content of her performances as well. Let's not act like if she performed Just Luve Me/Slumber Party live she'd get the same result as doing her POM lipped performances. But this also counts towards the image argument, right?

True, it does. You have a point. 

He never said in the video whether he watched her performances though, he just admitted he's been seeing her everywhere, did some research into her chart performances and sales performances, and things aren't looking good. My mom's been saying the same about Britney. She's been seeing her all over the place too, and she'd be surprised if I told her about the sales and charts. 

9 minutes ago, Brisketney said:

True, it does. You have a point. 

He never said in the video whether he watched her performances though, he just admitted he's been seeing her everywhere, did some research into her chart performances and sales performances, and things aren't looking good. My mom's been saying the same about Britney. She's been seeing her all over the place too, and she'd be surprised if I told her about the sales and charts. 

Yes I guess you can't blame him for thinking all these performances and news coverage would help her album sales.

But we know the tea. Miss Spears is ******* up.  :thetea:

Just now, button said:

Yes I guess you can't blame him for thinking all these performances and news coverage would help her album sales.

But we know the tea. Miss Spears is ******* up.  :thetea:

Sadly, it's really true and I wish some people in the Army would wake up, and take criticism from people (other than the rest of the Army especially) and perhaps do something productive about it, you know :boredashell: The GP's interest was solid, but dissipated quickly, and there's clearly many things that are still wrong in this era despite the leaps and bounds Britney has made from her past disasters which is definitely admirable, to say the least.

12 minutes ago, Brisketney said:

Sadly, it's really true and I wish some people in the Army would wake up, and take criticism from people (other than the rest of the Army especially) and perhaps do something productive about it, you know :boredashell: The GP's interest was solid, but dissipated quickly, and there's clearly many things that are still wrong in this era despite the leaps and bounds Britney has made from her past disasters which is definitely admirable, to say the least.

Not only should she stop promoting POM and focus on giving exposure to her album, but her performances need to be more interesting for them to have an impact like Beyoncé's performance at the VMA boosted Lemonade because it met both conditions(it wasn't out of this world but it was certainly good). But this is all wishful thinking and I don't know if I should blame her because sometimes I feel like she just can't dance anymore. I don't understand if she can no longer move her body or if she's just lazy. We haven't seen her dance like a professional for a decade now, it's OK, but Glory is proof that she can sing and has vocal talent, so I hope she finds the courage and confidence to sing live at some point.

I subscribe to his channel and he always does videos like this - just check out his musical autopsies or "worst songs of the year" (which Pretty Girls featured in last year) - literally no pop star is safe. I do get what he's saying - that despite ALL the promo Britney has done this year - far more than in previous years, it hasn't really had an effect on her sales or relevancy - coming across as "angry" is just his style. 

1 hour ago, button said:

This promo is intended to raise awareness of the "Britney Spears" brand as a whole. Renew interest in her period not just the album. 

3 minutes ago, Curious_1110 said:

This promo is intended to raise awareness of the "Britney Spears" brand as a whole. Renew interest in her period not just the album. 

Yes and it's certainly raising awareness of her, but raising interest... well... the video and the Billboard charts have already covered that. :thetea:

1 hour ago, Brisketney said:

What it boils down to is people just don't know how to take her. Yes everybody knows she had a turbulent period but she's never -whether it was her choice or not - discussed what exactly happened.

People in general have created their own narrative from what the media at the time said. And truthfully that narrative isn't a good one. Several members here have posted that they had to educate friends/family on what happened with her and when they did the opinion of her changed. Same with me

Archived