How Britney can truly become relevant again

Brisketney

Just now, TripInTheZone said:

Ok first i meant the spontaneous club hopping she did when she was promoting ITZ. :sofedup:

Second Adele is on her third album/era so the comparison baffles me. Britney been in the business for almost 20 years.  :nothavingit:

Third I didn't mean "shes a mom" in a bad way, i was saying that because she can't do whatever she wants at anytime anymore she has other priorities like being a parent instead of trying to be spontaneous just for the sake of her career. :boredashell:

Thats ma damn point. :wannadie:

That's not stopping Beyonce who is almost 20 years into her career.

She's a mom doing visual albums, touring, superbowl, still being ****, and controversial.

The problem is Britney doesn't attract the masses anymore meaning a larger fan base with a variety of people.

What many are doing now Britney use to do meaning Britney had fans of all ages, men and women again, now Britney doesn't attract most of the GP into buying anything from her.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things don't get easier as pop stars get older. Madonna is an anomaly.

She mentioned re-invention during her Today show interview but the public still sees her as the same. Just like RCA brought in somebody to revamp her sound they need to bring in people to revamp her look, image, and performance style for 2016. Spend the money. She hasn't had a hit in five years. It's now or never.

What gets me is that she's on an upswing now. They need to strike while the iron is hot. You never know as we've seen in previous eras what can happen with her motivation or interest in her work. Her team is blowing this.

I agree definitely about the changing creative team part.:donewithit: this fan base has been so loyal and has only rarely been treated to proper high budget professional photo shoots (something a star of her caliber is expected to have: AT THE LEAST). like which other fan base of a large star is so deprived of quality that they have come to expect cheap mediocracy (styling) from a popstar.

(and dont say she don't owe us anything, because she totally ******* does, dont act like she's constantly been making music because she cares about her fans, she makes music because she needs money to up keep her team and her life style, something our money pays for- ONLY NOW since 07 has she been actually visibly invested and passionate in what she's doing)...

But on a side note, just to bring more objectivity to this discussion....

What happens if B10 is not like what you expect, and its not a stepping stone?

sometimes don't you think that Britney has had about 10 years to have had the chance to really comeback and if she hasn't done that in the span of 10 years, it will be high unlikely for her to ever do it?

What im secretly hoping is that, Britney is dedicated to her sons right now and as soon as her sons start getting older, she would have nothing else to distract her so she can put all her focus in her career.

well I still think she is more successful outside of usa
there's a lot of straight men that like her since 90s and women too ofc 
it's people over 30 tho so they don't stream and buy only psychical albums...that's a problem, she needs to make new young fans, maybe not teenagers but at least 20+...her team present her like vegas act and doesn't make WW promo anymore 

10 hours ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

New creative team. That is all.

This. I think OP is being kinda delusional. Britney did on Glory the exact same thing she did on Blackout and In The Zone; she found current sounds and worked them on her favor. It's not like she followed the trends blindly and lost her personality doing so. The only thing we really need right now is a creative team. Britney is something like a performance artist, visuals have always come together with her music, she needs to illustrate what she's creating musically in order to make it feel complete. She needs someone who can make it all come together as a unity, that's what's really missing. Circus was definitely her best era on that matter, it all came together really smoothly, her videos spoke directly to the music, her performances kept the concept going, and even her costumes reflected the work she was putting out that time. We need to be able to see Glory illustrated, so far all we have is a crappy video for the lead single with no memorable visuals and performances in sparkly leotards like she's been using for 5 years, there's nothing visual appealing that can make justice to the album.

:nothavingit:

Archived