The two things that Glory is missing

jamesedward94

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, PBoy said:

The vocals are some of the best we had since her prime times, the thing i think you're trying to say is the fact we don't have a ballad, we got a lot of slow songs, but midtempos, no ballads at all, as for the smash, she has catchy songs, it will depend how she will promote them and use at the end, LMD could really make some magic if she makes the right moves

I just want to hear her true, mature voice instead of so much auto tune. And I really want some sincerity and not so many songs about ***. I'm just kinda over that. Not one song off this album will be even as iconic as Work *****. She needed just one sure fire hit. We've had Baby, Oops!, Slave, Toxic, Gimme More, Womanizer, Till the World Ends and Work *****. No song off Glory matches any of those. 

2 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

Okay, I'll start by saying as a whole, Glory is one of Britney's best. I will always love Britney's early albums with her undeniable star power and effortless pop sensibility, and the irreverence of Blackout with all the crazy production, but this album is amazing. 

There are just two things that, for me, Glory is missing that would really take it over the top and make it a smash.

One is an undeniable, huge hit. With Femme Fatale, after Hold It Against Me we all knew the next single should be Till the World Ends. With Oops!, Lucky and Stronger were obvious singles. And with In the Zone there was Toxic. However, this time around they chose a different type of first single with Make Me which is much more laid back and "chill" compared to her other first singles. The alarming this is, there isn't an instant follow up this time around that everyone can point to in agreement and say SMASH. That's a problem. The songs on Glory are great, and Britney sounds the best she has in years, but without that one definitive hit, I'm not sure how well Glory can do in the long run.

Second, Glory needed a sincere, honest, and personal vocal from Britney that showed her true, mature voice. For example, in Hands, we got a glimpse of that and she sounds so inspiring. For pretty much the entire album, even on songs where she sounds great, her voice is still auto tuned too much. Her true voice is much deeper and more mature than this album shows. With songs like Everytime or My Baby there are moments where she just sounds completely genuine and you really feel her and it gives you chills. There is not one moment on Glory where everything is just stripped back and her natural voice gets the chance to shine. and that's very upsetting because there is no reason for it. Producers continue to cover up what could be her secret weapon: her natural tone! 

Glory is still a phenomenal record and hopefully this turns out to be one of her best eras because Britney truly deserves all the success in the world. Here's to hoping we get an iconic music video and possibly a tour! 

Oh so I guess that Slumber Party, Better, If Im Dancing, Just Luv Me, and DYWCO are non-existent to you then :shameless:

3 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

I just want to hear her true, mature voice instead of so much auto tune. And I really want some sincerity and not so many songs about ***. I'm just kinda over that. Not one song off this album will be even as iconic as Work *****. She needed just one sure fire hit. We've had Baby, Oops!, Slave, Toxic, Gimme More, Womanizer, Till the World Ends and Work *****. No song off Glory matches any of those. 

I get your point, but the same way Rihanna did with X-Rated with ''Rude Boy'' and leaving the two first singles in a basic mood, Britney can come out with something change that, and i keep my word on LMD

Except i thought a lot of the songs on the album sound as if they could have been singles, and you want a SMASH HIT? Well you're looking at it, it's called 'Do You Wanna Come Over'...

And about her voice, well she actually gets to show off her natural voice on songs like Private Show and What You Need (which she sounds really good on)

Wow we've started a little early with bashing the album :myjam:

First of all: Glory is filled with hits :donewithit:

Love Me Down and Slumber Party are instant hits in my mind :kisses2all:

And the fact that you are talking about her sounding autotuned on the album:umwtf:

These are the best vocals we have gotten since In The Zone :pumped:

To everyone else thinking about starting Glory bashing threads...me and Brit have a message for ya: :fu:

28 minutes ago, Isla. said:

Except i thought a lot of the songs on the album sound as if they could have been singles, and you want a SMASH HIT? Well you're looking at it, it's called 'Do You Wanna Come Over'...

And about her voice, well she actually gets to show off her natural voice on songs like Private Show and What You Need (which she sounds really good on)

Those 2 songs have glimpses of her real voice (like when she sings "My encore is immaculate" in Private Show) but they have chipmunk vocals for the the most part. I don't know why they have to process her vocals SO much to the point where it's annoying. I would absolutely love private show if it weren't for that because it's very catchy and I really love the melody. It's a refreshing song to me.

9 minutes ago, greenbear89 said:

Wow we've started a little early with bashing the album :myjam:

First of all: Glory is filled with hits :donewithit:

Love Me Down and Slumber Party are instant hits in my mind :kisses2all:

And the fact that you are talking about her sounding autotuned on the album:umwtf:

These are the best vocals we have gotten since In The Zone :pumped:

To everyone else thinking about starting Glory bashing threads...me and Brit have a message for ya: :fu:

You wanna seriously tell me there's not a ton of auto tune on this album? Even on Just Luv Me, where she sounds the most natural, they make her sound like she's some teenager or little girl and just completely cover up her natural, deep, mature tone. Listen to Touch of My Hand and then listen to this album. That is a perfect example of how Britney should be sounding. The fact that her vocals sounded more mature and rich 13 years ago is crazy. AND ENOUGH WITH LOVE ME DOWN. IT'S FILLER.

10 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

Those 2 songs have glimpses of her real voice (like when she sings "My encore is immaculate" in Private Show) but they have chipmunk vocals for the the most part. I don't know why they have to process her vocals SO much to the point where it's annoying. I would absolutely love private show if it weren't for that because it's very catchy and I really love the melody. It's a refreshing song to me.

I don't think they're that processed, she sounds really good in that song.You can be entitled to your own opinion though :donewithit:

2 minutes ago, Isla. said:

I don't think they're that processed, she sounds really good in that song.You can be entitled to your own opinion though :donewithit:

Every single person has said Private Show is awful bc she sounds like a chipmunk. OF COURSE IT'S PROCESSED. 

Smh.....

:sofedup:

Do You Wanna Come Over, however, she sounds pretty good actually. It should definitely be a single.

Just now, jamesedward94 said:

Every single person has said Private Show is awful bc she sounds like a chipmunk. OF COURSE IT'S PROCESSED. 

Smh.....

:sofedup:

Do You Wanna Come Over, however, she sounds pretty good actually. It should definitely be a single.

Well yes i agree with you about DYWCO, it's my fave from the album too (i think) it should be a single for sure! 

Archived