MM is #8 and Glory is #20 (updated)

texas

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Sil said:

Yes Britney is promoting but the question is: is she promoting the right way?

I'm not complaining at all. I'm just seeing it with the GP eye. She did nothing to call the GP attention. Wel she did ... + lip sync and + basic choreos. To them, ths is just another ERA with a "fake" singer.

exactly. its a mess. now that we have an amazing album and she is willing to promote it... she and her team are doing it the wrong way... do they live inside a bubble? i mean dont they look up for britney's main competition? britney is an icon she cant just do that kind of promo as if she was in 2007 she needs to step it up bc beyonka knocked her down at the vmas and thats the truth :gtfo: imagine what will happen if she lipsynchs her POM performances at iheart radio and apple music ... another meltdown and another bunch of stans who will go away.. :tiffsniffle:. at this pace she will become the new cindy lauper and not the new madonna :angietea:

Just now, lolo. said:

Glory has songs as radio friendly as FF. Slumber Party is a Britney's remake of Hotline bling, Better is the way Britney takes Diplo's influence, Just love me is Purpose's/Selena's inspired, If I'm Dancing is slaying on the internet (and even people who dislike Brit love the song, because it's becoming "cool"), the album itself is very current and it's exactly what a 2016 public wants actually. The problem  is that Britney's persona is not cool enough (as Rihanna/Bey) to keep an album in the top10 for weeks, and that's what team B has to change. They have to put Britney closer to the youngest public (16-25 years). Even Lady Gaga is suffering the same thing. We are living the revival of the R&B music and that's why pure pop singers as Britney don't get the attention fans expect.

Then how come Adele is so successful ?  Or even Barbara Streissand and Sia?  They're a far cry from R&B.  So, I actually disagree; I think we are living in a time where it's anyone's game if they play it right.  The commercially successful songs right now are sort of a melting pot of all kinds of different genres (some even meshed together in one song.)

AUTHENTICITY is the problem here.  I do agree with you in regards to some tracks off Glory being radio friendly.  But the Momney persona has to cease and decist if she's still trying to sell this ****, edgy image she's always had.  It doesn't come across as "authentic," which is what the GP wants in an artist.  Kind of hard to sell a record where almost every song is based on *** when you see her in interviews admitting that she's "boring, likes to sit at home and drink green tea doing yoga while reading a book," you know ?

She needs to go clubbing with Kim K and/ or Paris Hilton again.  Just for a night. 

Please lawd jeezus.

2gw9oye_zpsbpwgm7da.gif

8 minutes ago, COCKy™ said:

Then how come Adele is so successful ?  Or even Barbara Streissand and Sia?  They're a far cry from R&B.  So, I actually disagree; I think we are living in a time where it's anyone's game if they play it right.  The commercially successful songs right now are sort of a melting pot of all kinds of different genres (some even meshed together in one song.)

AUTHENTICITY is the problem here.  I do agree with you in regards to some tracks off Glory being radio friendly.  But the Momney persona has to cease and decist if she's still trying to sell this ****, edgy image she's always had.  It doesn't come across as "authentic," which is what the GP wants in an artist.  Kind of hard to sell a record where almost every song is based on *** when you see her in interviews admitting that she's "boring, likes to sit at home and drink green tea doing yoga while reading a book," you know ?

She needs to go clubbing with Kim K and/ or Paris Hilton again.  Just for a night. 

Please lawd jeezus.

2gw9oye_zpsbpwgm7da.gif

While I don't agree about partying with Kim and Paris I do agree about the contradiction between Britney Spears and Britney Jean (momney).

People won't connect with her if she doesn't connect with her own image. She's doesn't need to convince us but she needs to convince the GP that she is Britney Spears and not someone pretending to be.

12 minutes ago, COCKy™ said:

Please lawd jeezus.

2gw9oye_zpsbpwgm7da.gif

Adele is successful because she has gained a respect in the industry since her last album (2011, no the latest one). People consider her as the best singer of the 21st century or something like that. Actually, her album is not that good, and it's ballad-based. So, Adele sells thanks to the respect she gained, her voice and her live performances.

Sia is NOT successful. I mean, 1000 forms of fear did it well, Chandelier was a hit. But, her last album didn't do it well, and Cheap Thrills is her unique hit, and it took a loooong time to turn into a hit. I am not from the US, but Barbra is everything but successful in Europe and in the world in general (I think she's successful just in US). Btw, Love me down is Sia/Ariana's inspired. 

The album is very radio-friendly to me. However, I think you finally got the point. She needs to change her public image if she wants to be current. And that's the major problem

12 minutes ago, COCKy™ said:

Please lawd jeezus.

2gw9oye_zpsbpwgm7da.gif

I agree completely.

IMO, Britney needs to executive produce an album again (like she did with Blackout) and release the music SHE wants to do, whether it's sexney, Mom-ney or Jesus-ney. 

I refuse to believe someone as successful as Britney cannot have creative control over their output at this stage in their career. :angietea:

3 minutes ago, lolo. said:

Adele is successful because she has gained a respect in the industry since her last album (2011, no the latest one). People consider her as the best singer of the 21st century or something like that. Actually, her album is not that good, and it's ballad-based. So, Adele sells thanks to the respect she gained, her voice and her live performances.

Sia is NOT successful. I mean, 1000 forms of fear did it well, Chandelier was a hit. But, her last album didn't do it well, and Cheap Thrills is her unique hit, and it took a loooong time to turn into a hit. I am not from the US, but Barbra is everything but successful in Europe and in the world in general (I think she's successful just in US). Btw, Love me down is Sia/Ariana's inspired. 

The album is very radio-friendly to me. However, I think you finally got the point. She needs to change her public image if she wants to be current. And that's the major problem

I feel like the lipping is the major problem. 

Ppl are embarrassed to like her and that is major problem. Plus she can't grow as an artist. 

19 minutes ago, COCKy™ said:

Please lawd jeezus.

2gw9oye_zpsbpwgm7da.gif

God how I dream about this happening. :otears:

3 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Ppl are embarrassed to like her and that is major problem. Plus she can't grow as an artist. 

I agree. In music terms Britney knows how to grow up. But her live performances has been the same since she started. And people got bored. 

4 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Britney would slay the GP if she came back with a power ballad (sung live) or a HUGE dance hit (she could lip it if it's good enough). She needs either or because the GP will continue to pay her dust for anything in between.

10 minutes ago, openwatersurfer said:

I agree completely.

IMO, Britney needs to executive produce an album again (like she did with Blackout) and release the music SHE wants to do, whether it's sexney, Mom-ney or Jesus-ney. 

I refuse to believe someone as successful as Britney cannot have creative control over their output at this stage in their career. :angietea:

Britney's been involved in the music production of Glory even as much as in Blackout. She really released with Glory the music she wanted to (compare Glory with BJ). The fact that she's not the executive producer of the album doesn't mean that she was not involved in its creative process. Music has been the best part of this era so far.

We can't compare Britney to Sia or Adele. They have good songs and they sing live like all the time. They pass emotion while on stage. You can feel the words of their songs when they perform. It's like they are actresses while on stage and you have to be that way. You need to act for the song. To jump, laugh, cry, be sad, be angry .. according to the message of the song. Unfortunately, britney is missing that part for a long time.

4 minutes ago, Chico101 said:

Britney would slay the GP if she came back with a power ballad (sung live) or a HUGE dance hit (she could lip it if it's good enough). She needs either or because the GP will continue to pay her dust for anything in between.

She could do an acoustic set on Elken or something... 

Ppl would joke that she is singing but if she practiced I have faith she could do it. 

Just Luv Me/just like me would be great acoustic 

Just now, Chico101 said:

While I don't agree about partying with Kim and Paris I do agree about the contradiction between Britney Spears and Britney Jean (momney).

People won't connect with her if she doesn't connect with her own image. She's doesn't need to convince us but she needs to convince the GP that she is Britney Spears and not someone pretending to be.

I'm not sure she's able to connect with her image anymore, and I thought that BJ & Glory were supposed to be a separation or reivention of her image.  I thought she was trying to distance herself from the "*** symbol," with the past two records, but the fact is it's all ***, all the time -- from the outfits worn at award show performances & vegas, to the tracks on her albums.  They're all (tastefully) ******** charged.  Which is great because she's **** as hell !  Even TMZ has been praising the **** out of how **** she is.

I'm not even sure she's aware of the contradiction, tbh.  I wouldn't even know what to do if I was Larry.  It's kind of hard to make people "unsee" Momney, though that isn't even her biggest hurdle to overcome right now.  The image hurting her the most is the conservatorship.  She's never going to be taken seriously if she is seen as a puppet (and honestly, it sucks to admit this but I've seen an overwhelming amount of comments calling her a fraud, money making, puppet.) :crying1: 

11 minutes ago, COCKy™ said:

I'm not sure she's able to connect with her image anymore, and I thought that BJ & Glory were supposed to be a separation or reivention of her image.  I thought she was trying to distance herself from the "*** symbol," with the past two records, but the fact is it's all ***, all the time -- from the outfits worn at award show performances & vegas, to the tracks on her albums.  They're all (tastefully) ******** charged.  Which is great because she's **** as hell !  Even TMZ has been praising the **** out of how **** she is.

I'm not even sure she's aware of the contradiction, tbh.  I wouldn't even know what to do if I was Larry.  It's kind of hard to make people "unsee" Momney, though that isn't even her biggest hurdle to overcome right now.  The image hurting her the most is the conservatorship.  She's never going to be taken seriously if she is seen as a puppet (and honestly, it sucks to admit this but I've seen an overwhelming amount of comments calling her a fraud, money making, puppet.) :crying1: 

I don't think all her music now is about ***. Man on The Moon/Perfume/Liar/Work ***** are not about ***. 

Her image may revolve around *** but not all her music is about ***. Maybe that's the real disconnect there.

14 minutes ago, Chico101 said:

On a personal level I find Britney to be a way more authentic person than Beyoncé.

Problem is this authenticity isn't coming through with this image. Beyoncé has done a good job (unfortunately) of distracting the GP from how unauthentic she actually is.

All the artists are really fake connected to their music. Minus like Adele which is why she probably slays.

13 minutes ago, Chico101 said:

On a personal level I find Britney to be a way more authentic person than Beyoncé.

Problem is this authenticity isn't coming through with this image. Beyoncé has done a good job (unfortunately) of distracting the GP from how unauthentic she actually is.

Agreed. Beyonces life is very carefully planned like a season of keeping up with the kardashians. I don't believe Britney being unauthentic is the problem. I think it's more that there is an invisible wall between us and her. I can respect that, but most ppl don't. They wanna be all up in her business. 

Adele also gives off a kinda boring image too. That's not a problem for her. She's credited as one of the best singers, but she can't even sing high notes. Her tone is great, but my black friends all state they're tired of her recycled old black vocals lol. But here she is about to obtain her second diamond album. 

Archived