Britney Spears' 'Glory' Debuts At No. 3 In The U.S.

Jordan Miller

I think it's because of the wrong promo plan. I mean it's like she did a lot of promo but did in the worst way possible. Scrapped music video (it's literally like we have a single WITHOUT a music video), jimmy kimmel (repeat of the Rihanna prank so nothing new or interesting for the GP), and finally her long awaited VMAs comeback which ended up being a good performance but again not something interesting for the GP and especially for Britney (or the queen of the VMAs) standards. All in all I feel a little bad for Britney because she gave us an amazing album (definitely my favorite) and it seems like she (or her team) REALLY wanted that #1 spot this time. However I believe that if she doesn't repeat the same mistakes and step it up a little (because she definitely can) she will have better luck with the next album because the queen deserves it 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, umop-apisdn said:

1 - the VMA's : it was the best opportunity to promote the album, a medley of 4 songs each one 1 min would've given the album a bigger exposure, how do you ******* perform a song that's not even yours when you have like 16 songs left from your brand new album, besides the performance kind of ruined her image it was an ok performance and compared to Beyoncé's, how do u comeback after 09 years with that basic performance especially when you overhyped everybody !!!!!!!

2 - Her team is not focusing on the album promotion, their main concern is MM and i have no idea why !.... she just released a good commercial album for **** sake !!!!! get your **** together or quit your job, the general public are ******* ignorant, they're not aware of Glory's existence

3 - MM was not a great choice for a lead single, although i appreciate her efforts ! great vocals and production but for me it didn't feel like it was the best choice (i know you all gonna say it's doing well on itunes and it has longevity) the lead single should boom ! this is Britney ******* Spears she used to be the trendsetter, her peers and lessers used to copy her and now she's the one being inspired by other artists work (Selena, Bieber, 5 Harmony........)

4 - Maybe the lipsyncing

no need to downvote me or drag me, i'm just speaking my mind, at the end of the day we all love Britney and still support her no matter what.

The lyspinc is killing her.  The media and haters. 

BJ tbh 

Edit: I blame BJ because it didn't give Britney any exposure to the GP and therefore she kinda lost relevance.

Regarding the BB200, I'm not mad that Britney's behind Barbra, I mean, the woman is a LEGEND, but she could have easily beaten FGL.  Ever since they scrapped the MM video something is off. I don't like the creative direction of this era and everything seems to be so cheap. I guess we will never know what happened behind the scenes but I trust Britney and I know she will deliver in the future. 

10 minutes ago, ToxxicBoy said:

The lyspinc is killing her.  The media and haters. 

This just means that shes being successful again :rihclap: literally its the same comments from 2004, she cant sing, she cant dance, lipsynch, shes a ****..

They can keep on hating her, deep inside they all stan :comingthru:

That's a nice point tho..:idkney:

I am grateful that she does promo but her team needs to calculate it right for it to be successful..cuz we are just watching a fly bump in a closed window over and over again..

I am still annoyed at those stans/rep-***** that praise everything Brit does and hate on everyone who gives a little criticism..Like...everyone is happy that she is active again duuh but speaking our mind doesn't mean we are bad fans!Especially when people who have nothing against her see that some things that her team makes her do aren't gonna give a good result in comparison to something that could be as easily done that is gonna give a far bigger result:angietea:

16 minutes ago, Kirito said:

This just means that shes being successful again :rihclap: literally its the same comments from 2004, she cant sing, she cant dance, lipsynch, shes a ****..

They can keep on hating her, deep inside they all stan :comingthru:

2004 and "she can't dance" comments?? :zoomzoom:

1 hour ago, juniorcasemiro said:

I blame the flop fans who didn't buy the album tbh... :wannadie:
Here in Brazil I bought THREE physical copies (one was a gift), I bought it on iTunes and I was gifted twice from american members from Exhale on iTunes as well.

Stop fooling yourselves, "the original" Make Me video wouldn't save this era, a STUNNING VMAs performance wouldn't save this era, NOTHING except the fans going out and buying the freaking album.

She did promo, Make Me is a good song (it's still top3 on iTunes, the gp is enjoying)... By the way, can we please stop blaming the lipsync? Britney has lipsynced HER WHOLE CARRER, everyone talks about it but no one really cares and this doesn't affect sales.

Why should people fork out their hard earned money for an album that is suppose to be purchased once? People act like Glory going to #1 is going to give them the ability to cure cancer. Y'all need to chill the **** out. 

But to answer the OP's question. The VMAS and the Make Me video. 

10 minutes ago, Rodrigo Nalerio said:

It is Britney Spears she isn't Carly rae jepsen trying to have a top album after 15 years of "career"  :letitburn:

anyway I think Britney did good. what she only needs is a strong single :shameless:

She ain't no Adele sis, #3 is the best we're gonna get so we should just reap the benefits of it now while she's still out there doing promotion. :lustney:

2 minutes ago, blissfuloutsider said:

NOT BAD at all.. You dumb ******* whining.. she makes great income from her other ventures so suck on that **** :rihclap:

I choked :rihclap:

Archived