Larry Rudolph, get in here!!! What YOU can do for GLORY!!

PRIVATE.SHOW

6 minutes ago, TheAllu said:

lmao the first point depending on illegal activity :sofedup:

Such a good idea :sofedup:

So what? Literally EVERY big artist or their label use(d) it - Rihanna, Katy Perry, Justin Timberlake, Drake, Lady Gaga, Maroon 5 etc. The only way to have a hit single is using payola, otherwise radios refuse to play Britney.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, PRIVATE.SHOW said:

So what? Literally EVERY big artist or their label use(d) it - Rihanna, Katy Perry, Justin Timberlake, Drake, Lady Gaga, Maroon 5 etc. The only way to have a hit single is using payola, otherwise radios refuse to play Britney.

You got proof of that? Or are you just believing that because you just can't accept that other artist than Britney can have radio success? :idkney:

1. Payola is allowed in a way but it's sponsored airtime. The song would not count as regular airplay so it won't even have any effect for charts.

2. If they force radio to play her stuff she might just get banned again. 

3. Doesn't she do this already without media following her? She's not Beyonce who needs that much attention.

4. If Britney says no to a video what should we do? Sue her to release it anyway?

5. That is so not Britney. She's not a glam star, she loves keeping things simple. Why outdoor shoots anyway?

6. To a certain extent I agree on the pre-recorded vocals. Some choreos could be improved but a new choreographer won't help if she doesn't want to do a routine

7. Well... Vegas :chershade:

8. So people can ***** about even more features? Weren't most people hoping for no more features? :rihclap:

9. IA, Leotards need to go

10. Again, that's not her style

11. LOL 

12. That's the biz, shallow as ****

13. Who really buys merch anyway? 

3 minutes ago, TheAllu said:

You got proof of that? Or are you just believing that because you just can't accept that other artist than Britney can have radio success? :idkney:

Actually sis, I am a fan of Rihanna and Gaga (and I forgot to mention Taylor Swift who I stan too)... :mj:

Still, I just checked and Can't Stop The Feeling has 186 adds in a day at the radio. The song isn't/wasn't a streaming monster and it's not even good. You do the math. Katy sent cakes (:gloria:) to radio stations in the US so they would spin her song Birthday. IDK about the rest but it's clear that if you want a hit nowadays you must either produce a generic song or fork out the money.

4 minutes ago, PRIVATE.SHOW said:

Actually sis, I am a fan of Rihanna and Gaga (and I forgot to mention Taylor Swift who I stan too)... :mj:

Still, I just checked and Can't Stop The Feeling has 186 adds in a day at the radio. The song isn't/wasn't a streaming monster and it's not even good. You do the math. Katy sent cakes (:gloria:) to radio stations in the US so they would spin her song Birthday. IDK about the rest but it's clear that if you want a hit nowadays you must either produce a generic song or fork out the money.

Didn't CSTF get millions of view on youtube pretty fast? Also it sold very well on itunes for a very long time...

Oh and it's a generic, catchy pop song. Of course radio is going to eat it up :quirkney:

Also Brithday flopped.. hard :selenerz: 

Though I do have to say as a Britney fan, I think (I may be delusional) that radio has a bias towards Britney. Make Me should've done better :mj:

5 minutes ago, King B. said:

1. Payola is allowed in a way but it's sponsored airtime. The song would not count as regular airplay so it won't even have any effect for charts.

2. If they force radio to play her stuff she might just get banned again. 

3. Doesn't she do this already without media following her? She's not Beyonce who needs that much attention.

4. If Britney says no to a video what should we do? Sue her to release it anyway?

5. That is so not Britney. She's not a glam star, she loves keeping things simple. Why outdoor shoots anyway?

6. To a certain extent I agree on the pre-recorded vocals. Some choreos could be improved but a new choreographer won't help if she doesn't want to do a routine

7. Well... Vegas :chershade:

8. So people can ***** about even more features? Weren't most people hoping for no more features? :rihclap:

9. IA, Leotards need to go

10. Again, that's not her style

11. LOL 

12. That's the biz, shallow as ****

13. Who really buys merch anyway? 

1. People need to hear the song to buy or stream it and see that she has an album out.

2. Why would she get banned? If the song is a hit they can't just not play it :gloria:

3. It's good publicity. TS doing this REALLY made me respect her more. Also it would be good for the fans, to show them she cares. She doesn't even have to do it with press.

4. I'm saying she should release good videos babe, not ones she doesn't like.

5. So what? Her photoshoots need some change, every photoshoot from the past 3-4 years was in a studio. Also, I think fans would like to have more photos.

6. I'm not asking for a routine, just a choreographer that understands Britney and the songs better.

7. I doubt it they can't do a tour if they wanted.

8. Lbr, she NEEDS a hit right now. So even a feature would be a good thing now.

13. Fans.

5 minutes ago, TheAllu said:

Didn't CSTF get millions of view on youtube pretty fast? Also it sold very well on itunes for a very long time...

Oh and it's a generic, catchy pop song. Of course radio is going to eat it up :quirkney:

So? It was because radio overplayed it. He definitely used payola don't be delusional.

1 minute ago, PRIVATE.SHOW said:

1. People need to hear the song to buy or stream it and see that she has an album out.

2. Why would she get banned? If the song is a hit they can't just not play it :gloria:

3. It's good publicity. TS doing this REALLY made me respect her more. Also it would be good for the fans, to show them she cares. She doesn't even have to do it with press.

4. I'm saying she should release good videos babe, not ones she doesn't like.

5. So what? Her photoshoots need some change, every photoshoot from the past 3-4 years was in a studio. Also, I think fans would like to have more photos.

6. I'm not asking for a routine, just a choreographer that understands Britney and the songs better.

7. I doubt it they can't do a tour if they wanted.

8. Lbr, she NEEDS a hit right now. So even a feature would be a good thing now.

13. Fans.

Just think about what happened during Britney era. If you piss off radio you're in trouble. They boycotted her.

About the video thing - she did release a vid she liked but the fans did not like it. She might thought it's a good video. Her taste sometimes is pretty interesting :ohnoney:

I don't think they can go on tour either - she needs more exposure and some hits. I doubt she could sell out arenas atm. Sorry guys :(

IA on the rest though

9 minutes ago, TheAllu said:

Though I do have to say as a Britney fan, I think (I may be delusional) that radio has a bias towards Britney. Make Me should've done better :mj:

CSTF had a HUGE radio deal.

The songs at some point used to gain per day 3000 spins in pop and 15 million in audience in general radio, it was unbelievable. Its first tracking week, it ended up with 100million audience which obviously helped sales/streaming.

Archived