If this era flops, the blame is on Make Me video.

Litney

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The video may have been a lost opportunity ... but we will never know. It's also possible that she could have got a fair bit of backlash from the oversexualised production - and without radio playing her - the GP may have sided with the backlash and not touched Glory. TOTALLY possible, we won't ever know.

It's also worth noting that work ***** had a cracking video and that didn't save the single or the era ...

MM original video and its impact are like a guy you were chatting to on Grindr who seemed ******* amazing but then out of nowhere disappeared. You're filling in the blanks with good stuff - but you never met him - he could be ****! Time to let this fish go and move on.... :-)

I don't think anyone know HOW a video can impact on a song.

Literally I loved Make Me and when the video came out I lost a lot interested on it. The visual part is very important.

I'm pretty sure if they would release the original it would change the perspective.

The song ain't a bang.
It may be your personal preference, but the song surely didn't start the era well.
Work ***** debuted higher on Billboard, was a top 10 hit in most of the important market countries, sold twice more on the debut week, climbed a lot higher on charts after the release of the MV, got tons of views on Youtube and had some impact on her image.
Make Me is a midtempo, with an uncatchy chorus. Britney's eras are supposed to start with a real bang like DYWCO or Love Me Down. Imagine the VMAs performance with either of those songs.

The song ain't saved by promo performances. It's not saved with a good music video.
I wish they'd just move on and release the next single while she's still doing promo performances.

27 minutes ago, Work_Guilty said:

:rihstare: 

:sizeup: are you serious ? 

did you become a fan during FF era ?

*****, you dont get it. 

The 2007 VMA performance is iconic too. Iconic doesnt mean it was flawless. Flawless is usually forgotten. Iconic is making a mark. People still talk about that performance, yeah it was a hot mess, but people remember it. Same goes for gimme more video to a much lesser extent.

And no. Blackout, not a FF fan at all, overrated album. I'm only 17 though BOMT was released before I was born so...

12 minutes ago, Blackout_Boy said:

I don't think anyone know HOW a video can impact on a song.

Literally I loved Make Me and when the video came out I lost a lot interested on it. The visual part is very important.

I'm pretty sure if they would release the original it would change the perspective.

This is so true.

When you see a video for a song from then onward you associate the visuals with the song whenever you hear it.

She owes her career to this in a way, I think music videos are a huge part of her.

1 minute ago, Litney said:

*****, you dont get it. 

The 2007 VMA performance is iconic too. Iconic doesnt mean it was flawless. Flawless is usually forgotten. Iconic is making a mark. People still talk about that performance, yeah it was a hot mess, but people remember it. Same goes for gimme more video to a much lesser extent.

And no. Blackout, not a FF fan at all, overrated album. I'm only 17 though BOMT was released before I was born so...

***** dont call me a ***** :NYsassy:

+ no you stupid ***** no one care about GM MV...and really the uncensored version that half of her fans dont know about :NYcackle: wow sooooooooo iconic 

1 hour ago, AaliyahNation1979 said:

Get over it. :tiffeyeroll:

Was blackout ruined by stripperlla? For gimme more. 

Was Fatte female ruined by product placement in hold myah away from Glory? :tiffeyeroll:

Bish do yourself a favor. Stream the **** out of glory on all platforms. Stream Make Me... On youtube. If your willing to buy 20 copies for 13.80 dollars do it from a US account. :tiffeyeroll:

Im waiting for my paycheck today to buy another 10 copies of make me.. And im buying the album as well again.  

GIMME MORE IS ICONIC

2 minutes ago, Work_Guilty said:

+ no you stupid ***** no one care about GM MV...and really the uncensored version that half of her fans dont know about :NYcackle: wow sooooooooo iconic 

chill out babe you seem stressed, are you struggling to pay the light bills?

Gimme more vid is iconic. People associate the dark ******** vibes with the era, get over it. You don't know what the word means lmao

30 minutes ago, Work_Guilty said:

Catfight, here for it :rihclap:

TBH i dont mind the video if it was for a second or 3rd single.

The first music video should be eye catching and something that will make people want to watch it and want more.

i would have preferred a video that was more grown up. if they ust deleted the audition storyline and that table scene it would have been better.

Archived